Ethical Dilemma

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Ethical Dilemma

Postby Jcedwards » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Need some input on this situation that has happened in my league. I’m not the commissioner, but just a devoted league member.

This trade was agreed to:
TEAM A trades Golladay, David Johnson, 2020 2nd
TEAM B trades Marvin Jones, Ballage, 3 3rds (2 2020, 1 2021)

While the trade is awful, that’s not the concerning part. The commissioner has started to take 1 draft pick away for every player that is in a starting lineup who is on bye/ out when they have another option on the bench to plug in. This is to keep it competitive. Team A already got his 5th taken away last week and was going to get his 2nd, 3rd , and 4th taken away this week (essentially nullifying the trade). Well the same 2 teams made another trade of Team B trading Gus Edwards to Team A for absolutely nothing.

It seems very fishy that the 2nd trade was agreed to and mainly so the 1st trade can happen. It just seems very unethical in my opinion. Is it worth making a stink about or is it that big a deal?

Team A is a new team this year and obviously doesn’t know much about dynasty leagues and is going to miss the playoffs. Team B is in the playoffs and is probably going to be a 3-5 seed.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Ethical Dilemma

Postby steelman » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:39 pm

I'm having trouble figuring out what Gus Edwards has to do with the other trade, and how can the other trade even go through if Team A is going to lose those picks he plans on trading? Either he has the picks to trade or he doesn't

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:51 pm

steelman wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:39 pm I'm having trouble figuring out what Gus Edwards has to do with the other trade, and how can the other trade even go through if Team A is going to lose those picks he plans on trading? Either he has the picks to trade or he doesn't
Team A had 3 spots in his starting lineup that had people with a bye or just an open spot (DJ, Rudolph, kicker) when he had an alternative on his bench to put in. He was going to lose his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th picks if he didn’t put someone in his lineup. He traded for Gus Edwards and slid him into his RB slot, but didn’t trade anyone/ anything. This way he only loses his 3rd and 4th (since he has 2 spots now open) but keeps his 2nd. Therefore, the other trade can now work. The commissioner takes away the lowest picks first so that’s why his 4th and 3rd are getting taken, but not his 2nd. The entire situation seems real shady to me, not to mention it is a terrible trade (the 1st one)

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:56 pm

The situation seems very strange to me. The most recent trade is awful. Why did the owner trade for Edwards to edit his lineup and then leave two other players out? Sounds like he is not invested in the league which really drags down a dynasty league. I wonder if replacing the owner is needed?

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:11 pm

this seems pretty wonky..
do you have shallow rosters? is that the reason for having players with byes in the lineup?
I appreciate the loss of draft spots per violation, but owners should only be allowed to violate the rule a couple times.. then they should be removed..
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:18 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:56 pm The situation seems very strange to me. The most recent trade is awful. Why did the owner trade for Edwards to edit his lineup and then leave two other players out? Sounds like he is not invested in the league which really drags down a dynasty league. I wonder if replacing the owner is needed?
He traded for Edwards in order to keep his 2nd round pick. Keeping his 2nd round pick allows him do the first trade now. I assume he kept the others the same because they had already played (kicker was Folk on his bench) or he doesn’t have the room to drop someone to pick up another TE. He’s new this year and has been doing a decent job, but these last couple of weeks he has just made some terrible decisions/ trades (which makes me think he doesn’t care anymore)

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:19 pm

vixen wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:11 pm this seems pretty wonky..
do you have shallow rosters? is that the reason for having players with byes in the lineup?
I appreciate the loss of draft spots per violation, but owners should only be allowed to violate the rule a couple times.. then they should be removed..
We have 23 man rosters. 10 starting and 13 bench players. So he had several options to plug in, but decided not too. Yea this is already his 2nd time violating the rules. Last week was 1 player and this week was going to be 3, until this whole situation.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:14 pm

Jcedwards wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:06 pm Need some input on this situation that has happened in my league. I’m not the commissioner, but just a devoted league member.

While the trade is awful, that’s not the concerning part. The commissioner has started to take 1 draft pick away for every player that is in a starting lineup who is on bye/ out when they have another option on the bench to plug in. This is to keep it competitive. Team A already got his 5th taken away last week and was going to get his 2nd, 3rd , and 4th taken away this week (essentially nullifying the trade). Well the same 2 teams made another trade of Team B trading Gus Edwards to Team A for absolutely nothing.

It seems very fishy that the 2nd trade was agreed to and mainly so the 1st trade can happen. It just seems very unethical in my opinion. Is it worth making a stink about or is it that big a deal?

Team A is a new team this year and obviously doesn’t know much about dynasty leagues and is going to miss the playoffs. Team B is in the playoffs and is probably going to be a 3-5 seed.
Assuming you mean he literally got traded for nothing, not a single asset coming back, then you need to leave that league ASAP. Even if you're not being literal (Edwards was traded for Nick Boyle or something), still seems fishy enough. I would bounce and find a grown up league.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:17 am

This league sounds horrendous. I'd get out while you can.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:48 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:14 pm
Jcedwards wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:06 pm Need some input on this situation that has happened in my league. I’m not the commissioner, but just a devoted league member.

Assuming you mean he literally got traded for nothing, not a single asset coming back, then you need to leave that league ASAP. Even if you're not being literal (Edwards was traded for Nick Boyle or something), still seems fishy enough. I would bounce and find a grown up league.
Yea he literally got traded for nothing. Wasn’t a player or pick at all sent back to him. A couple other things than happened in this league that have irked me, so I think this is the final straw for me.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:09 am

Im a no veto guy but when a player is traded for ZERO in return, that is unacceptable. I would bail on the league or vote to boot both offenders.

infamousbacardi
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby infamousbacardi » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:23 am

The Gus Edwards issue doesn't seem that crazy to me. He needed to add him to keep the draft pick so that their main trade would go through.

I'd give up Gus Edwards on top of that package for that return, it's a complete fleecing...if I was the owner of Team B I'd have a VERY vested interest in that trade going through and not getting shot down because Team A owner didn't have the pick anymore to make the trade work.

I'm more concerned with how bad the trade is. You could actually make an argument that package in a dynasty league is just a little shy in total for solely Golladay, let alone DJ and a 2 on top of it...that's awful.
10 team league (PPR). 31 player rosters. Keep all 31. Start 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs.

QB: Cousins, Fields (R), Z. Wilson (R), T. Taylor, Minshew, K. Mond (R)
RB: Chubb, Mixon, Ekeler, J. Robinson, C. Edmonds, D. Henderson, S. Ahmed, J. Wilson
WR: Diggs, D.J. Chark, D. Samuel, M. Brown, C. Davis, C. Kirk, D. Slayton, J. Meyers, P. Williams, D. Mooney, M. Callaway, B. Persman, I. Smith-Marsette (R)
TE: Kittle, Herndon, O.J. Howard, H. Bryant, D. Schultz, L. Farrell (R)

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:32 am

the first trade is totally bogus no matter how much dynasty experience you have. working around the system to make a bogus trade work is even more bogus. get out. not worth causing a stink. if the commish cared it wouldnt happen
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Dynastydumpsterfire
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dynastydumpsterfire » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:04 am

get out.
Team 1 -10 Team 1pt ppr. START 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 RB/WR/TE 1LB 1 S/CB 1DL 1DFLEX
QB.-Brady, Stafford, Garoppolo, Ridder
RB.-Chubb, Kamara, Fournette, K Hunt, Z White,
WR.- Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, B Cooks, MVS, Thielen, Marvin Jones, Zay Jones, Skowronek, Velus Jones
TE.- Hurst, Conklin, Schultz, Taysom Hill
K.-Carlson
LB.- Brooks, Loyd
S/CB.- Love, Neal
DL.-Hunter,Hubbard
Picks

23 2 3rds
24 1 3rd

Team 2 - 10 Team 1pt ppr. START 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 RB/WR/TE 1LB 1 S/CB 1DL 1DFLEX
QB- Goff, Stafford
Rb - Taylor ,Harris, Montgomery, Eno Benjamin, J Warren, Burkhead, Jeff Wilson, Brian Robinson, Spiller, C Evans
Wr- AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Mike Williams, Jameson Williams, Lazzard, D Carter, M Jones, J Reynolds, B Cooks, DJ Chark, Calvin Austin, D Bell
TE - Kittle, Higbee, Schultz
K- McPherson
LB - Brooks, Okereke, TJ Watt
DL- M Garrett, Cam Jordan
S- C Gardner Johnson, Fitzpatrick.
Picks 1 23 3rd, 1 24 3rd.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:50 am

I THINK I understand what they were trying to do, abnd the trading owners could try and defend it THIS TIME, but I would move on from the league. It's walking too fine a line imo.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5