Trade Etiquette: owner discouraging others from trading with you

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Trade Etiquette: owner discouraging others from trading with you

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:18 pm

Last edited by Prison_Mike on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trade Etiquette: owner discouraging others from trading with you

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:47 pm

I have never had anyone in my league go this far in a group chat. There are comments in reference to someone winning a trade or the classic "Yikes, I would not have made that deal." Most of it is in good fun and razzing the other owner. Your case sounds more like a bitter owner that is not pleased with the trades you have been able to make. I would give it no attention and move on. No reason to let it bother you. Some owners just like to trash talk.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:15 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:47 pm I have never had anyone in my league go this far in a group chat. There are comments in reference to someone winning a trade or the classic "Yikes, I would not have made that deal." Most of it is in good fun and razzing the other owner. Your case sounds more like a bitter owner that is not pleased with the trades you have been able to make. I would give it no attention and move on. No reason to let it bother you. Some owners just like to trash talk.
Yeah to be honest I have no problem with trash talk or the type of comments you referenced

It would be one thing if I knew he was just messing around. But the only time this guy interacts is when he's being negative or complaining in the group chat (usually about trades) and he hasn't made a single trade all season (or last season if I remember correctly)

Same guy that called me out in the group chat a few weeks ago:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=193494&hilit=insulting

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:32 pm

if you are constantly a top team and constantly seemingly win your trades hes probably 2 things, jealous, and mad as hell your leaguemates arent being a lot smarter. i get livid with my one buddy because he gets the better side of most every deal but i also cant say he didnt put in a lot of work to badger that person into submission. im jealous he wins the trades, mad my competition got better, and peeved that he always goes the extra mile to talk to owners until they are ready to say "FINE I'LL TRADE!" hes not doing anything wrong but i still find it annoying lol. very likely the case here if i had to guess.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:45 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:32 pm if you are constantly a top team and constantly seemingly win your trades hes probably 2 things, jealous, and mad as hell your leaguemates arent being a lot smarter. i get livid with my one buddy because he gets the better side of most every deal but i also cant say he didnt put in a lot of work to badger that person into submission. im jealous he wins the trades, mad my competition got better, and peeved that he always goes the extra mile to talk to owners until they are ready to say "FINE I'LL TRADE!" hes not doing anything wrong but i still find it annoying lol. very likely the case here if i had to guess.
Agreed, that's probably what it is

The funny part I forgot to mention is: I'm NOT constantly a top team - I was toward the top of the league in points last year too and I finished 9th because I also led the league in points against. I'm currently in THIRD place and am fighting for a playoff spot alongside this guy (he's in 4th)

His biggest issue seems to be that I'm doing so well and still have the 1.01 next year. I traded for that pick long before it was projected to be the 1.01 (I traded Melvin Gordon for two 1sts, a 2nd & Kenyan Drake early in the season)

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:35 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:45 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:32 pm if you are constantly a top team and constantly seemingly win your trades hes probably 2 things, jealous, and mad as hell your leaguemates arent being a lot smarter. i get livid with my one buddy because he gets the better side of most every deal but i also cant say he didnt put in a lot of work to badger that person into submission. im jealous he wins the trades, mad my competition got better, and peeved that he always goes the extra mile to talk to owners until they are ready to say "FINE I'LL TRADE!" hes not doing anything wrong but i still find it annoying lol. very likely the case here if i had to guess.
Agreed, that's probably what it is

The funny part I forgot to mention is: I'm NOT constantly a top team - I was toward the top of the league in points last year too and I finished 9th because I also led the league in points against. I'm currently in THIRD place and am fighting for a playoff spot alongside this guy (he's in 4th)

His biggest issue seems to be that I'm doing so well and still have the 1.01 next year. I traded for that pick long before it was projected to be the 1.01 (I traded Melvin Gordon for two 1sts, a 2nd & Kenyan Drake early in the season)
For sure I have the same issue...I have made trades and draft picks years in advance that have hit paydirt. Now everyone in my league has jokingly put a trade embargo against trading with me even if it might make them stronger long term. If people aren’t willing to improve their long term value then let them suffer. :-)
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5