Price check: Zeke

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
OCPunisher
Role Player
Role Player

Price check: Zeke

Postby OCPunisher » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Hello friends,

After listening to a very sobering take on high-end running backs from the most recent episode of the flagship DLF podcast, I'm thinking about parting ways with Ezekiel Elliott. The team in question (1QB, PPR, not in sig) is trying desperately to rebuild, with only Zeke/Keenan/MAndrews as viable players, but four '20 firsts and two more in '21.

One contender is definitely interested, and he has the pieces to deal (Mahomes, Wilson, OBJ, Juju, Lockett). His latest offer was Juju and a late '21 first for Zeke, but my gut says I can do a little better. Then again, RBs just don't last as long as other positions, which was the basis of the discussion in the podcast.

Bottom line: what should I expect to get back for Zeke?
Team 1
10 team, PPR, 22-man rosters, 5 PS. 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1PK 1DST
- QB: Herbert, Goff
- RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Achane, Akers, Dobbins, Gibson, Pacheco, Carter, Warren
- WR: AJB, Wilson, Olave, DJM, JSN, Pittman, Zay, Jameson, Godwin, Palmer
- TE: Andrews, Goedert, Freiermuth, Engram
2016 and 2018 champion! :dance: :biggrin: :clap:

Team 2
12 team, PPR, 40-man rosters, 1QB 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3FLX
- QB: Herbert, Dalton, Minshew
- RB: Barkley, Swift, Herbert, JWilliams, Roschon, Zeke, KIngram, McFarland
- WR: Lamb, Waddle, DK, Aiyuk, MWilliams, Keenan, ARob, Woods
- TE: Andrews, Engram, Moreau, Trautman, Ruckert

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Re: Price check: Zeke

Postby Factory of Sadness » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:25 am

Zeke is 24 years old! He is an absolutely elite runner, built like a tank and has shown no signs of being injury prone at all. Keep Zeke and win titles.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:20 am

I would hold Zeke as well. IF you decide to move him, I would expect multiple 1st's and a solid asset or two.

srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby srlarson » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:42 am

minimum 3 firsts or equivalent players......and not 2021...would need at least 2 to be 2020 or player.....
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray

nicktahoes
Starter
Starter

Postby nicktahoes » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:06 am

OCPunisher wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:52 pm Hello friends,

After listening to a very sobering take on high-end running backs from the most recent episode of the flagship DLF podcast, I'm thinking about parting ways with Ezekiel Elliott. The team in question (1QB, PPR, not in sig) is trying desperately to rebuild, with only Zeke/Keenan/MAndrews as viable players, but four '20 firsts and two more in '21.

One contender is definitely interested, and he has the pieces to deal (Mahomes, Wilson, OBJ, Juju, Lockett). His latest offer was Juju and a late '21 first for Zeke, but my gut says I can do a little better. Then again, RBs just don't last as long as other positions, which was the basis of the discussion in the podcast.

Bottom line: what should I expect to get back for Zeke?
You definitely want to acquire multiple pieces. It's a 1 QB league and you're in rebuild mode so I would target Mahomes plus his first plus one more piece. If he needs Zeke to put himself over the top it's worth it to him. Position it as winning the championship this year is more important. You have to do what it takes to win this year instead of the future. Anything can happen. Take it from me. My wrs are OBJ, juju, Adams, and cooks. Look what they have done this year. At the start of the season you would think they would have been 4 top 12. Now John Brown is my highest scoring WR.
Team 1:
PPR--QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, Superflex, Flex x2
QBs: Lawrence, Stafford, Geno, Hooker, Rush
RBs: Ekeler, Kamara, Achane, Elijah Mitchell, Dillon, Kelley, Moss, Jamaal Williams
WRs: Adams, Hopkins, Waddle, Kirk, JSN, Boyd, OBJ, Hyatt
TEs: Kelce, Hockenson, Taysom, Irv Smith

and then a few minor players and rookie stashed on taxi

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:23 am

Zeke is one of the pieces I wouldn't be selling without a huge overpay.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.