Kenyan Drake/ David Johnson 2020

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Nimrod
Role Player
Role Player

Kenyan Drake/ David Johnson 2020

Postby Nimrod » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:58 am

What is the consensus of Drake heading into next year? An unrestricted FA but really has a chance to shine?

Does he resign with AZ and splits with DJ?

Is anyone trying to buy Drake now? He was just sold in my league along with a 2020 2nd for a 2021 1st
Team 1

12 team PPR QB 2 RB 2 WR 3 Flex TE DST

QB: Kyler, Cousins, Trubisky
RB: CEH, Hines, Cohen, Evans, Perine,
WR: AJ Brown, McLaurin, Allen Robinson, Gallup, Harry, Kirk
TE: Herndon, Njoku, Doyle

2021 picks 2nd, 4rd,

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kenyan Drake/ David Johnson 2020

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:00 am

I'm not really interested in Drake at this point. Who knows if he stays or goes, but outside of a stretch a couple years back, he has not been a great fantasy option. I would pay a 3rd for him, but I doubt anyone is selling for that. It's a long off season and lots of good RB's are coming out, I would not reach for Drake at least until post NFL draft.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:47 am

I'd rather have edmonds than drake

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:59 am

I just sold Drake, DJ and OBJ in a package for Nuk. I would guess that Drake is not in AZ next season and that Edmonds continues to spell DJ, who will retain the bell cow role when healthy - for at least another 1-2 years. Drake is JAG IMO and will likely land with some RB needy team as part of a committee. Just my guesses.

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:04 pm

So what is Drake’s value going into 2020? Does he re-sign with ARI?
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:05 am

jdacunha wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:04 pm So what is Drake’s value going into 2020? Does he re-sign with ARI?
IMO, almost certainly. They traded a conditional pick for him, and Kliff said they wanted to give him the opportunity to see if he could be "the guy". It seems Kliff targeted him, and has been rewarded. They have 78 million in cap room next year. I am wondering if they eat DJ's cap hit, or perhaps make a trade to another team like the Rams trade when they moved Talib, where they basically pay by moving back in the draft to unload the contract. They could also just eat the deal and have a very expensive backup, but Drake almost certainly stays in the desert, IMO.

His value to me is a late first.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:46 am

Love me some Kenyan Drake, dude makes impressive plays. The issue was always A) being in Miami and B) them not believing he was a 3 down workhorse. Not sure he'll be that in ARI but they could very well keep him and split the work between him and Edmonds. Dont know what happened to DJ but he has ZERO burst and is really just not a good fit for their offense at this point. Have to think they're gonna try to figure out a way to get out from under his contract. Even if they cant, Kliff wants that offense to be explosive and right now Drake is the most explosive back on the roster. Taking all that into consideration I'd say hes worth a late 1st to early 2nd at this point
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen