Dk Metcalf Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Dk Metcalf Trade

Postby Jetsfan06 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:52 am

The following trade has been offered to me, and I’m debating accepting :

Give
DK Metcalf

Get
Austin Hooper
Miles Boykin

Rationale for doing the trade: I have no TE of the future, drafting one requires waiting years for them to develop as well. I would rather buy one now that is about to enter his prime and just enjoy the TE1 ride. Also I am no longer competing this year so I don’t need hooper until next year. Additionally this upcoming draft looks loaded with WR and metcalf isn’t even the WR1 on his team. Boykin is a semi nice piece as well

Rationale for not doing it - I’m trying to get younger and giving up a 21 year old potential stud is the opposite of that, especially one linked to a franchise QB such as Russell. Also I could be giving up a true alpha WR, a position that can bring you a decade of fantasy points, for a TE who technically hasn’t fully proven himself as the elite of the position.

If you had my team, and weren’t going to compete this year, would you do this trade? Appreciate the thoughts.

QB's - Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy, Mac Jones
RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.
TE's - George Kittle, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Juwan Johnson
Taxi: Demario Douglas, Cedric Tillman, David Bell.

dougw060
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Dk Metcalf Trade

Postby dougw060 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:55 am

Hooper is only 25 and like you said you have to wait on TEs for a couple years anyway. I wouldn’t worry about the age part.

Would try to get a better piece back than Boyin though
I'm in too many leagues to list them here :wave:

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:58 am

dougw060 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:55 am Hooper is only 25 and like you said you have to wait on TEs for a couple years anyway. I wouldn’t worry about the age part.

Only other reasonable options in my opinion would be to try and get justice hill or MVS instead of
Boykin. But he may not be interested. Thought about a draft pick but his team is rebuilding too so he probably would be hard pressed to give one up.

RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.

hoggball
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hoggball » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:03 am

I'm holding for a better deal but I'm a huge fan of the DK talent.
Team 1
2022 Champ, 2018 Undefeated Champ
12 Team Non PPR, yardage bonus, scoring distance bonus
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/
1 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)/1K/1DEF
QBs-Mahomes, GQ
RBs-Kamara, Henry, R White, Foreman, McKinnon
WRs-Adams, Tyreek, Olave, G Davis, Toney
TEs-Kelce

Team 2
12 Team 1 PPR RB/WR,
2.0 PPR TE, yardage bonus, scoring distance bonus
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE
2FLEX(RB,WR,TE)/1K/1DEF
QBs-Dak, Lance, Purdy, Ridder
RBs-Chubb, Swift, Dillon, Etienne, J Cook, Mattison
WRs-Tyreek, AJB, Diggs, OBJ, Olave
TEs-Schultz, Cmet, Otton, Dulcich
K-Butker
D-Dallas

dougw060
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dougw060 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:05 am

Jetsfan06 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:58 am
dougw060 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:55 am Hooper is only 25 and like you said you have to wait on TEs for a couple years anyway. I wouldn’t worry about the age part.

Only other reasonable options in my opinion would be to try and get justice hill or MVS instead of
Boykin. But he may not be interested. Thought about a draft pick but his team is rebuilding too so he probably
would be hard pressed to give one up.
Would hold then. Tell him he needs to add something better to get DK
I'm in too many leagues to list them here :wave:

Rustycage
Starter
Starter

Postby Rustycage » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 am

I'd hold DK even with the other mentioned WR replacing Boykins. DK's targets have gone up throughout the season and I personally think he is going to become a true WR1 and he'll have Wilson throwing him the ball for then next 5 years minimum.

In theory you have Olsen and Thomas, so when one goes out the other comes in. It'd be nice to have a proven TE, but not sure if DK is the proper cost.
12 Team Dynasty, (SF) (2pt/c TE Prem)
QB - Wentz, Heinicke, Big Ben, Fitz, Tyrod, Rudolph
RB - Henry, Kamara, CMC, R. Jones, D. Felton, P. Lindsay
WR - Ridley, Pittman, Cooks, M. Williams, MT, AJG, R. Higgins, Perriman, Shi Smith, MVS
TE - Gesicki, Engram, Uzomah, Hurst, Manhertz, Farrell

2022: 1,2,3,4

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:04 am

Rustycage wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 am I'd hold DK even with the other mentioned WR replacing Boykins. DK's targets have gone up throughout the season and I personally think he is going to become a true WR1 and he'll have Wilson throwing him the ball for then next 5 years minimum.

In theory you have Olsen and Thomas, so when one goes out the other comes in. It'd be nice to have a proven TE, but not sure if DK is the proper cost.
Ya Thomas was my original go to, but I’m worried now that he hasn’t even caught a ball this year lol

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 am

I'd make that trade. Getting a young, elite TE isn't easy to do. I like DK, but he's more of a WR2 and don't ever see him developing into a true stud.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:17 am

Metcalf for Hooper straight up seems pretty fair if you want depth at TE. I don't think Hooper can maintain elite TE production without the volume he got in garbage time this year, but he should be at least a mid/low TE1 long-term.

Wilson can get the best out of Metcalf with his deep accuracy, but he's never locked in on a target like Brees to Thomas. He'll keep spreading the ball around, keeping Metcalf a WR2 with WR1 upside but probably never an elite WR1.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:24 am

I would make the deal. A young elite TE is a massive piece.

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:22 am

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:24 am I would make the deal. A young elite TE is a massive piece.
Is he truly elite? Or just a solid TE who has put up a lot of stats in garbage time. That’s something I’m debating myself lol. His measurables aren’t off the charts and I don’t watch enough of the falcons to know how he creates mismatches/gets open

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:13 pm

Goddard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 am I'd make that trade. Getting a young, elite TE isn't easy to do. I like DK, but he's more of a WR2 and don't ever see him developing into a true stud.
I go back and forth on this. He flashes brilliance at times and other times drops head scratchers.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

jonesmaster
Starter
Starter

Postby jonesmaster » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Goddard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 am I'd make that trade. Getting a young, elite TE isn't easy to do. I like DK, but he's more of a WR2 and don't ever see him developing into a true stud.
I agree with this assessment. Id be making the deal all day.
8-team SF / 0.5 PPR / TE (Full PPR) Scoring: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2FLX, 1 SFLX, 1TE, 1D/ST, K (Only relevant players listed)

QB: Kyler , Dak , R. Wilson, Dimes, Kenny P
RB: AK , Mostert
WR: Godwin , Deebo , Dotson , Hollywood, Addison, E. Moore
TE: Andrews , Njoku, LaPorta, Washington, Mayer
D/ST: Bills / Philly

Picks : 2024: 3 firsts; 2025: 3 firsts; 2026: 4 firsts