Team Advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Team Advice

Postby Jetsfan06 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:49 am

So I find myself at a bit of a crossroads. I’m currently 5-5, started off the year 0-4 but won 5 in a row. All of a sudden though I no longer see DJ as an RB1 and Latavius who helped carry me is no longer helping much now with Kamara back. I am currently in a playoff spot, but i am not as good as the top few teams. I have a 1st 2nd and 3rd round pick in the upcoming draft. Would you trade picks for assets to try and strengthen the team for one more playoff push, or fold and try to start thinking about the future?

I’m leaning towards folding, but it’s tough getting much assets when a lot of my depth players are aging. I tried Greg Olsen for a very late 3rd to a team that desperately needed a TE but even that didn’t work lol. Just having a tough time determining which direction to to go in.

Roster is in signature. Thank you!

QB's - Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy, Mac Jones
RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.
TE's - George Kittle, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Juwan Johnson
Taxi: Demario Douglas, Cedric Tillman, David Bell.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Team Advice

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:52 am

Yeah I don't think that team is a true contender even if you sneak into the playoffs. I'd try to sell Brees to a contender, Johnson and Carson to contenders, and McCoy to the Damien Williams owner.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Team Advice

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:50 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:52 am Yeah I don't think that team is a true contender even if you sneak into the playoffs. I'd try to sell Brees to a contender, Johnson and Carson to contenders, and McCoy to the Damien Williams owner.
Great thoughts here on the trade front and I agree with the strategy.