Weak point(s)?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ookluh
Rookie
Rookie

Weak point(s)?

Postby ookluh » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Looking for some general advice, primarily on team 1 below but also interested in team 2. Team 1 is a strong contender, currently 2nd in points for by a fairly large margin thanks to Wilson and McCaffrey.. 1st place has me by a bit though, and I perceive my weakness to be at RB. Was considering trying to flip a WR for a low-end RB1 or an RB2 type (Fournette, Carson are on losing teams and may be options), but posted that idea on social media and people seemed to feel like my WR core was not all that great. Trying to decide if attempting to get a stronger RB (at the expense of a WR and possibly a pick) is worth it.. I do feel like Freeman may be sufficient as an RB2, but certainly isn't a league winner.

For team 2, pretty sure my weakness comes down to RB as well, but trades much harder to come by in that league. Feel like I have WR depth out the wazoo - need another QB, as I lost Luck (and Gronk) this year, but Stafford has been just fine and may try to wait it out until next year.
12-team SF PPR, 6 pt TD
QB: Allen, Goff, Lance, Heinecke
WR: Waddle, Cooper, Pittman, Hopkins, DJM, Renfrow, Shaheed, Chark, Tillman, T.Scott, Shephard
RB: Ekeler, Henry, Stevenson, D.Harris, Mitchell, Edwards, CPatt
TE: Andrews, Smith, Tonyan, Ferguson, Musgrave

12-team PPR SF TEP
QB: Mahomes, Herbert, Mayfield, Pickett
WR: Higgins, Mooney, R.Moore, JJSS, Jamo, Landry, Shepard, C.Samuel, Lazard, N.Brown, Eskridge, Atwell
RB: Javonte, Dobbins, Carter, Sanders, Walker, Hilliard, Vaughn, K.Williams, Evans
TE: Kittle, Freiermuth, Trautman, Jordan, Woods

12-team PPR SF TEP, 6 pt TD
QB: Jackson, Stafford, Stroud, Levis
WR: C.Watson, Dotson, Jamo, Reed, Mims, Slayton, Dortch
RB: Bijan, Hall, Achane, Spiller, Warren, Z.White, Spears
TE: Hockenson, Dulcich, Chig, Smith

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Weak point(s)?

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:47 pm

If you can add a better option at RB without breaking up the makeup of your core, I see no issue with doing that. RB's are pricey, so not sure if that is an option. Freeman could also suffice if the prices are too high.

Team 2 - you could try to package a couple young upside wr's for a running back. Not sure that team is a contender, so I would not give to much here.

ookluh
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ookluh » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:33 pm

Jeez, need to trade you for some of your RBs..! Anyway - thanks. Think McLaurin or Chark on their own would fetch anything worthwhile? Or rather hold?

And yea, Team 2 is middling - points for are right up there, but 5-4 and probably another year before seriously competing IMO
12-team SF PPR, 6 pt TD
WR: Waddle, Cooper, Pittman, Hopkins, DJM, Renfrow, Shaheed, Chark, Tillman, T.Scott, Shephard

12-team PPR SF TEP
WR: Higgins, Mooney, R.Moore, JJSS, Jamo, Landry, Shepard, C.Samuel, Lazard, N.Brown, Eskridge, Atwell
RB: Javonte, Dobbins, Carter, Sanders, Walker, Hilliard, Vaughn, K.Williams, Evans

ookluh
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ookluh » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Should also mention that I still have all of my 2020 picks, but not sure if I want to give them up unless necessary given all the hype and value likely to continue to climb on picks.
12-team SF PPR, 6 pt TD

12-team PPR SF TEP