Guice Value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ramsey8582
All Pro
All Pro

Guice Value

Postby ramsey8582 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:23 pm

Team 3 in sig. Pretty deep at RB, but badly need a TE. What TE would you target straight up for Guice?

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Guice Value

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:58 pm

Depends on how the other owner feels about Guice. I'm not even sure how to value him at this point. A player like Ebron seems like an option, but not sure if that is selling low (if that is even a thing).

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Eight7Seven » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:00 pm

I’ve never played in a 32 team league or in any any league that used carbon copy players so take my opinion with a decent sized grain of salt. I don’t think Guice should be used as the beginning trade chip in any deal at the moment. He was very good in college and entered the league with a ton of hype (I selected him with the 1.02 in one league). Unfortunately he’ll never be the player we had hoped for. He’s now had to spend both of his first seasons rehabbing instead of learning from experience in game and further developing his skill set in practice. That’s not even factoring in if he lost anything physically or psychologically during these two years. You know that, which factors into why he’s the one you want to trade and any of your potential partners does as well. I think if you open any negotiation with an offer featuring Guice it’s unlikely to go anywhere productive.

If you do want to cash out on Guice for maximum value I’d send out a league wide email (or post on your leagues discord or chat if you use that and it’s active) stating that you’re looking to move a RB for help at another position (ideally TE). I’d let the other owners come to you, when they do I’d ask them what they thought of Guice and see if anything naturally develops from there.
Team One: Children of the Light
12 Team PPR- Superflex- Dynasty - Start 9

QB: Herbert, Watson, Young, Cousins
HB: Bijan, Etienne, J.Jacobs, Najee, D.Harris, J.Ford
WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, L.Schoonmaker, Likely (T.S.)
Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd & 3rd

Team Two: One Nation
12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

QB: Mahomes, Love, Lance, Purdy
HB: Chubb, Etienne, Akers, Dillion, J.Cook, P.Strong (T.S.), Z.White (T.S.)
WR: Waddle, Jameson, A.Cooper, “Bayou”.Michael.Thomas, Pickens, T.Marshall
TE: Waller, I.Smith.Jr, Otton (T.S.)
LB: D.Lloyd, Q.Walker, D.Long, J.Baker, J.Jewel
DB: J.Chinn, J.Pitre, J.Brisker
DL/ER: S.Hubbard, K.Mack, K.Paye
Picks: '23 1.05, 1.07, 1.12 & 3.07

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:01 pm

I still have him pegged at mid to late first round value. The injury this year really doesn't concern me, I consider just part of the acl rehab as rbs tend to need 2 years to fully recover from them.

I'd be hesitant to trade guice right now if you invested a draft pick in him. Lets see if he comes back this season into what should be a run heavy offense and see him get some actual carries.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07