Gurley Current Value?/

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
pjb5150
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Gurley Current Value?/

Postby pjb5150 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:03 am

I was really holding onto hope fro Gurley longer than most as he has brought me a great deal of joy over the past few seasons. Sadly, the preseason narrative of getting more from less many analysts were pushing does not seem to be true. While I think McVay's failure to modify his scheme and a worse offensive line than years past are factors, he certainly seems to not be explosive. How would some of you value Gurley at this point? 1 owner in my league has Kelce, Waller and Goedert. I was thinking of offering a trade Gurley for Waller.
Team 1 - PHILLY TROPICS (Sleeper)
1QB League, 12 Team, 1PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/2Flex/DEF
QB: J. Herbert, K. Murray
RB: JK Dobbins, B. Hall, K. Walker III, K. Williams, N. Harris, Dameon Pierce, T. Allgeier, G. Edwards
WR: J. Chase, D. Metcalf, J. Waddle, M. Brown, C. Olave, T. Burks, G. Pickens, A. Cooper
TE: K. Pitts, D. Schultz, G. Dulcich

Team 2 - PHILLY TROPICS (MFL)
1QB League, 10 Team, 1PPR - QB/RB/WR/TE/4 Flex( any combination of RB/WR/TE)/PK/DT/3
QB: L. Jackson, T. Lawrence, J Love, T Brady
RB: N. Chubb, N. Harris, T. Etienne, T. Allgeier, Z White, J Warren, Z Knight, J Ford
WR: K. Allen, B. Cooks, T. Higgins, J. Jeudy, T. McLaurin, J. Waddle, M Brown, D. Bell, Claypool
TE: K Pitts. D Schultz, G Dulcich
PK: J. Tucker
DEF: not filled
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.10, 2.04, 2.09

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Gurley Current Value?/

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:08 am

Man, really tough call here. Waller has been great and should continue to be a solid asset in that system, but Gurley straight up feels so light. But, in reality is it?? I sold my share of Gurley a couple years ago. It really hurt when he was the #1 overall RB in fantasy, but now I'm pleased because it would be so hard to settle on a deal for Gurley. So many what if's to Gurley I can't land on a price for him. After all those ramblings, Waller straight up might be the best you can hope for...

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:08 am

Don't like that Gurley for Waller trade.

I think hes still worth basically 2 firsts, and I'd wait for the rest of the season to see how Gurley's workload changes with Cooks being out.

at a minimum I wouldn't sell him prior to a great game
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

pjb5150
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby pjb5150 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:27 am

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:08 am Man, really tough call here. Waller has been great and should continue to be a solid asset in that system, but Gurley straight up feels so light. But, in reality is it?? I sold my share of Gurley a couple years ago. It really hurt when he was the #1 overall RB in fantasy, but now I'm pleased because it would be so hard to settle on a deal for Gurley. So many what if's to Gurley I can't land on a price for him. After all those ramblings, Waller straight up might be the best you can hope for...
I know Gurley for Waller seems light at the moment I agree. That said, this is the first season we know Waller's name and he is 27 after missing 4 years of football due to injuries and struggles with addiction. So while I agree he looks like a top 3 fantasy tight end right now, I just feel like it is tough to assume this is who he will be for the next 3-4 years.

I appreciate the input a lot though. I had Gurley as well during his lousy 2nd season and it sucked. But remembering how he came back in years 3 & 4 gives me hope. Part of me feels like Gurley does mentally loses his intensity and does not perform at his maximal level when things around him fall apart. Which is why it is tough to not hold out hope for another year. I agree Waller straight up is likely the most I can hope for.
RB: JK Dobbins, B. Hall, K. Walker III, K. Williams, N. Harris, Dameon Pierce, T. Allgeier, G. Edwards
WR: J. Chase, D. Metcalf, J. Waddle, M. Brown, C. Olave, T. Burks, G. Pickens, A. Cooper

1QB League, 10 Team, 1PPR - QB/RB/WR/TE/4 Flex( any combination of RB/WR/TE)/PK/DT/3
RB: N. Chubb, N. Harris, T. Etienne, T. Allgeier, Z White, J Warren, Z Knight, J Ford
WR: K. Allen, B. Cooks, T. Higgins, J. Jeudy, T. McLaurin, J. Waddle, M Brown, D. Bell, Claypool

pjb5150
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby pjb5150 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:28 am

abloom wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:08 am Don't like that Gurley for Waller trade.

I think hes still worth basically 2 firsts, and I'd wait for the rest of the season to see how Gurley's workload changes with Cooks being out.

at a minimum I wouldn't sell him prior to a great game
I appreciate the input. As I said I think there are circumstances outside of his own health affecting his performance. I am glad to know I am not the only one who still sees value.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:51 am

Just decided to look up his stats from last year and this year.

His average production this season is slightly better than his production in the playoffs last year

Last year Playoffs: 53Ruyds, .67 rutd, 2.3 targets, 1.3 receptions, 1.7 recyd, 0td
This year: 51Ruyds, 0.86 rutd, 3.4 targets, 2.1 receptions, 11.6recyd, 0.15 td

Of course both of these are much lower than his production during the regular season last year:

Last year, prior to playoffs: 89ruyds, 1.2rutd, 5.8 targets, 4.2 receptions, 41.4 recyds, 0.29 rectd

so right now he's basically getting about 50% of the production that he got last year. Hopefully they are truely just trying to keep him fresher for the end of the season but we'll see.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:03 am

abloom wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:51 am Hopefully they are truely just trying to keep him fresher for the end of the season but we'll see.
For me the issue isn't the useage, he's not the same RB when he is on the field. He just doesn't move like he once did. He is a RB#2 from here on out. The window for still getting value based on his name and/or somebody still believing has likely passed.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:12 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:03 am
abloom wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:51 am Hopefully they are truely just trying to keep him fresher for the end of the season but we'll see.
For me the issue isn't the useage, he's not the same RB when he is on the field. He just doesn't move like he once did. He is a RB#2 from here on out. The window for still getting value based on his name and/or somebody still believing has likely passed.
I agree. Gurley's value should be deflated because he's looked like a shell of himself since January. If he still looked like the RB from the start of last season, I'd agree that it's a usage issue.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

pjb5150
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby pjb5150 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:23 am

Thank you all for input.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:01 am

His name value should get you Waller+ instead of a straight up trade.