Trade vetoed by league. I need the forum to settle it.

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

This trade WAS vetoed. Should it have been? (See below for details)

Yes, the league was right to veto this trade
3%
No, the league was wrong to veto this trade
97%

Total votes: 64

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Trade vetoed by league. I need the forum to settle it.

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:00 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:37 pm No idea if people who say “no veto ever” actually understand the reality of what they are saying. It is dynasty. It is pretty much impossible to prove collusion. There are trades that will 100% ruin the competition in a league for years if they go through. If you give the contending Zeke and Barkley owner CMC or MT for Andy Isabella+Justice Hill+3rd, your league will not be all that competitive for years.
This meets the threshold of ruining a league. Giving a RB1 at a decent age and not getting a single asset the level of a 1st round pick back
Trades affect the whole league not just the teams involved. Giving a pile of underperforming garbage for a stud should 100% get a veto.
Rip into me all you want and tell me how giving Donte Moncrief and a 2nd for JuJu is “fair and should stand” but when something like this happens in your league, then you can talk about how all trades should stand
“Single asset the level of a 1st”. So I’m guessing if it was the 1st place teams 1st round pick instead of the projected 1st overall pick in the 2nd it would be ok? This is a ridiculous veto.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:21 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:37 pm No idea if people who say “no veto ever” actually understand the reality of what they are saying. It is dynasty. It is pretty much impossible to prove collusion. There are trades that will 100% ruin the competition in a league for years if they go through. If you give the contending Zeke and Barkley owner CMC or MT for Andy Isabella+Justice Hill+3rd, your league will not be all that competitive for years.
This meets the threshold of ruining a league. Giving a RB1 at a decent age and not getting a single asset the level of a 1st round pick back
Trades affect the whole league not just the teams involved. Giving a pile of underperforming garbage for a stud should 100% get a veto.
Rip into me all you want and tell me how giving Donte Moncrief and a 2nd for JuJu is “fair and should stand” but when something like this happens in your league, then you can talk about how all trades should stand
4 months ago Fournette was NOT considered an "RB1 at a decent age." He was an injury prone headcase that was considered at best a RB2 by a lot of people. Values fluctuate wildly throughout the years. This is probably the most ridiculous, misleading post in this thread.

I also like how you used Isabella, Justice Hill, and a 3rd for MT or CMC as your glamorous comparison. That's not even close to the trade in question, and completely discredited your post.
Team 1: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '16 & '17 3rd, '20 2nd Place
REBUILD STARTED 2019
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex
Kyler,Stafford,Herbert
Zeke,Sanders,Swift,Moss,Robinson,Mattison,Gio
Cooper,Juju,AJB,Reagor,Ruggs,Mims,Kirk,Bateman,Moore
Kelce,Henry
2022: 2,3,4

Team 2: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '17 & '20 2nd Place
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex
Rodgers,Stafford
Zeke,Conner,Robinson,Dillon,CEvans,Mattison,Edmonds,Davis
Hopkins,Thomas,Woods,Cooks,Toney,MWilliams,
Kittle,Henry,Freier
2022:1,1,2,3,4

Team 3: 14-Team SF,PPR,0.25/rush '18 3rd Place, 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex SFlex
Cousins,Kyler,Carr,Trask
Jacobs,Gibson,Robinson,LMurray,Ingram,Moss,Gio,SScott
Evans,Nuk,DJM,Boyd,Davis
Fant,Hooper,Gronk
2022:2,4
2023:1,1,2,3,4

Team 4: 12-TeamSF,0.5PPR,TE1PPR 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR WR TE FLEX FLEX SFlex
Allen,Tanny,Cam,MacJones
Taylor,Akers,Montgomery,Gibson,Robinson,Harris,McKissic,SScott
DKM,Evans,Juju,Cooks,MWilliams,Trequan
Engram,Hurst,Gronk,Long

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:45 am

I really only skimmed the responses so far, so consider that with this post.

This trade isn’t even that bad.

As anti veto as this forum is (which I largely agree with) I’m surprised there’s any support for a veto here.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

pinchdrafter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby pinchdrafter » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:15 am

Why don't do you have the owners who vetoed state their reasons on your message board and weigh in their thoughts. No rebuttal = no veto. It is too easy to hide behind a vote without stating your reason for not allowing a trade even a bad one.

Good luck in your outcome.
Team 1 12 team 0.05 PPR Dynasty
Roster 25 Taxi 5

QB(1): JAllen,TLance,ZWilson,MWhite
RB(2): JMixon,NHarris,DHarris,DForeman,JMcKinnon,AMattison,ADillon,TSermon
WR(3): AJBrown,THiggins,MBrown,TMcLaurin,PCampbell,KHamler,IHodgins,JJennings
TE(1): CKmet,JJohnsonNGray
SF(1)(QB/WR/RB/TE)
Flex(2)(WR/RB/TE)
Taxi(5): HBryant,HLong,TMarshall,TWallace,JFord

2023-24 picks
2023 1.07,1.10
2023 1st,2nd,3rd,4th
2024 1st,2nd,3rd,4th

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:17 pm

No chance this should be vetoed and anyone who saying it should at face value is frankly unfit for dynasty. There is no collusion and absolutely not way to imply that there is at face value here. You may disagree with the value of the players/package, but it is clear that both sides have assets and achieved what they wanted. There is logic and value to the trade. If this in any way is your threshold of what can be vetoed, stop playing dynasty or toughen up, and realize that you don’t truly have an idea of what 2020 holds. The package could very easily come ahead in this exchange when all is said and done. This shouldn’t even be a question.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:24 pm

hoos89 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:51 pm I think the Jacquizz/Hernandez trade is the only one that actually came particularly close...and the value STILL ended up being on the other side.
That's a little revisionist history don'tcha think? You could then make that argument for any player and hence why it is a strawman. "Well technically Breida for CMC is fair since CMC might die in a car accident next week! Who knows! Maybe he will have CP found on his phone!" I mean c'mon. Unless you KNEW about states evidence with Hernandez, that was a terrible, awful trade, that proves collusion. There is a big difference between people having different valuations on guys, and a straight up JJAW for Hopkins type deal where it's like GTFO. I agree with no vetoes but this was a bad example imo.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

tbbuc5.dw
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tbbuc5.dw » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:30 pm

This is how rebuilds rebuild and how contenders win chips no way should be vetoed

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:51 pm

Suprised a veto thread is still going on here. In short, most here feel that there should be no veto in dynasty leagues. Mainly because value changes quickly and something today can look very different in short time.

Other factors include how individuals value players differently and how/who a veto is to be determined.

Op, if your trade is reversed, id expect for a standard to be set for what is vetoed. For example....this particular deal has the package side a late 1st short on the dlf trade analyser. Any future deals a late 1st or more short, should also be automatically vetoed.

Good luck with this. As you can see... Your best option is to join a league with no veto. Your going to see some bad trades, but you can always get any deal through.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:48 pm

So, what is the outcome of this, OP?

Also, here's one more major factor to weigh in on that is something strategic and goes beyond the face value of the package....

Before talking the strategy, I need to make two assumptions:
1) "Tanking" is illegal in this league.
2) The team receiving the package still has his 2020 1st

Now, factoring in those two assumptions, it makes perfect strategic sense for Team B to trade away Fournette for multiple reasons:
1) He can legally "tank" easier without having to put Fournette in his lineup. Ross goes on IR, and JJAW/Isabella are developmental and not sniffing weekly lineups this year
2) By legally "tanking" and removing Fournette's points from his lineup, he is assuring a higher pick in a loaded 2020 class, that may help him either draft a stud OR trade down and acquire more assets, potentially multiple 2020 or 2021 1sts.

Moral of the story: there are WAY more factors that go into dynasty than what is on the surface. Good dynasty players see and understand this.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:21 pm

badbuddah wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:24 pm
hoos89 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:51 pm I think the Jacquizz/Hernandez trade is the only one that actually came particularly close...and the value STILL ended up being on the other side.
That's a little revisionist history don'tcha think? You could then make that argument for any player and hence why it is a strawman. "Well technically Breida for CMC is fair since CMC might die in a car accident next week! Who knows! Maybe he will have CP found on his phone!" I mean c'mon. Unless you KNEW about states evidence with Hernandez, that was a terrible, awful trade, that proves collusion. There is a big difference between people having different valuations on guys, and a straight up JJAW for Hopkins type deal where it's like GTFO. I agree with no vetoes but this was a bad example imo.
Not really what "revisionism" means. I literally said it was the closest thing to a vetoable trade I've seen. I'm not saying it was a good trade; I'm just using it as an example of how much values change. Also Hernandez was not Nuk, or even Gronk. This trade was probably more comparable to like...Kittle for JJAW in terms of value.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1