What is this team - at crossroads

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BearlyBears
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

What is this team - at crossroads

Postby BearlyBears » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:41 am

Comments appreciated.

Team 2 in sig (bear in mind it's an 18-team league) - I know I don't have a true RB1 and that's part of the problem. Now I just lost Kerryon for a few weeks.

We played a few double-headers so my record is 5-5.

I'm 9th in standings and 8th in points scored. 8 teams make the playoffs. I don't see this team making it far through the playoffs. I'm stuck in the middle and need help getting out. Tear down? Build up?

I have my 2020 picks and an additional 2020 3rd

Just kinda lost with this team. I've scoured the bottom 5 teams for any players I can grab from them...and they're pretty terrible. Only player worth anything is DJ Moore and the owner wants Kerryon and a 2020 1st, which I think is too steep.

Part of me wants to tear it down because it's the "easy" choice but I've spent the two previous years near the bottom and I'm looking forward to actually competing.

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Re: What is this team - at crossroads

Postby fantasyhermit » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:44 am

Honestly I'd stay the course. You've got a good team for the most part, just injuries and rotten luck has all but thrown the season for ya. I'd do my best to make your pick a top 3 pick in the next draft and grab one of the rbs there.
Team 1:
12 team SF PPR/2PPR TE Prem, .2 ppc
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Fitz, Flacco, Lock
RB: Jacobs, CEH, DJ, Dillon, Michel, Royce, Lewis, Bruce Anderson, Gus, Warren
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Davis, Dissly, Knox, T.Moss

Team 2:
Q-SF-R-R-W-W-F-F-T-T-D-K-IDP-IDP PPR
QB: Mahomes, TLaw, Darnold, Bridgewater
RB: Zeke, Swift, Singletary, Dillon, Mack, Penny, LMurray
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller
TE: Gesicki, Hooper, Knox
Def: Chi
K: Elliot
IDP: Bosa, LVE, Flowers

BearlyBears
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BearlyBears » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:48 am

Staying the course will put me around 8th to 12th in an 18-team league. If I wanted to get a top 3 pick next year I'd need to start trading players like Mack and Woods and shedding points for picks. That's kind my issue right now - staying the course means probably JUST missing the playoffs or making it and being the first out. Either way I don't get anything to show for the season AND not a great pick in 2020.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:54 am

BearlyBears wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:48 am Staying the course will put me around 8th to 12th in an 18-team league. If I wanted to get a top 3 pick next year I'd need to start trading players like Mack and Woods and shedding points for picks. That's kind my issue right now - staying the course means probably JUST missing the playoffs or making it and being the first out. Either way I don't get anything to show for the season AND not a great pick in 2020.
You have some good pieces to build around long term, so I would not move assets like: Sanders, Engram and Hopkins. I would likely keep Johnson also, but sounds like you are not real pleased with your overall build and leaning towards a bit of a retool. It's tough to have a wasted season but IF you make the playoffs, anything can happen.

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:02 am

BearlyBears wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:48 am Staying the course will put me around 8th to 12th in an 18-team league. If I wanted to get a top 3 pick next year I'd need to start trading players like Mack and Woods and shedding points for picks. That's kind my issue right now - staying the course means probably JUST missing the playoffs or making it and being the first out. Either way I don't get anything to show for the season AND not a great pick in 2020.
That's if you play your best players every week. Some commissioners I have encountered consider tanking to include not playing your best players, and some consider it just not updating your lineups at all. If your commish is the latter, I'd just roll out Sanders/Cohen/Coleman in your rb/flex#1 spots, and Davis/Woods/Zay (when he returns) in your wr/flex#2 spots. If necessary scour the contending team rosters and look for someone who could upgrade to Hopkins, and offer them a deal where you downgrade slightly at wr but also pick up a 1st. Locate the juju owner and try sending Hopkins/2nd for juju/1st. It may not get accepted, but a lot of Juju owners are panicking right now.
Team 1:
12 team SF PPR/2PPR TE Prem, .2 ppc
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Fitz, Flacco, Lock
RB: Jacobs, CEH, DJ, Dillon, Michel, Royce, Lewis, Bruce Anderson, Gus, Warren
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Davis, Dissly, Knox, T.Moss

Team 2:
Q-SF-R-R-W-W-F-F-T-T-D-K-IDP-IDP PPR
QB: Mahomes, TLaw, Darnold, Bridgewater
RB: Zeke, Swift, Singletary, Dillon, Mack, Penny, LMurray
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller
TE: Gesicki, Hooper, Knox
Def: Chi
K: Elliot
IDP: Bosa, LVE, Flowers

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:17 am

I think you still have some decent talent, but probably still a year away. I wouldn't tear it down, but might look to move Woods if anything.

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:37 am

I have never come close to playing in an 18 team league, but I would rebuild. I would keep allen and minshew at qb. Keep Sanders at rb. Keep Harry and Kirk at wr. I would see what you can get for Hopkins. If it is a haul, trade him. Sell Engram and keep Goedert. I would look at 2019/2020 as rebuilding. Gather young players you like along with 1st and 2nd rounders...and hope for the best.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:20 am

Well I'll start off with, I like how you have built your team around WR and TE (I see you are not required to start a TE, which kinda sucks given your roster, but are there any bonuses for TEs?). I think that allows you a lot more flexibility when it comes to deciding what to do with your team.

I also like the depth that you have at RB given that its a 18 team league. Your major problem, imo, is your QB and top end RB. I'm not sure its worth blowing apart your team to try to fix it via the draft.

Obviously you've been hit by injuries and rookies with Sanders, Coleman, Kirk and harry, and those will work themselves out. If you're looking to improve the RB, I'd probably try to package woods and mack for a RB, or woods and Josh Allen for a QB upgrade.

I think I'd be fine sticking with this team. I believe that you can still get an impact player with a top 10 pick, or during the draft you'll be able to package the pick with a player to upgrade a position. If you end up making the playoffs, then who knows what can happen then.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

BearlyBears
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BearlyBears » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:36 am

Thanks for the analysis, abloom! We do actually start a TE in that league, so Engram is normally my go-to, but he always seems banged up. This is a 4-point TD league for QB so I don't mind having Josh Allen because he gets me a high floor with rushing - he's no Lamar Jackson, but he'll do. Getting a top-tier RB could be easier said than done at this point, but Woods makes an interesting trading chip - I'll see what I can do.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:01 pm

To me if you want to win in a big league like this you need studs and you either need a top pick or get lucky and have a guy in the mid 1st blow up. I’d even think about trying to acquire Hunt, he’s a free agent at years end, could end up somewhere as a lead rb. And I’d look to move Woods / Davis for picks to load up in the draft allowing you to possibly trade up or add proven players. Good luck.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:05 pm

BearlyBears wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:36 am Thanks for the analysis, abloom! We do actually start a TE in that league, so Engram is normally my go-to, but he always seems banged up. This is a 4-point TD league for QB so I don't mind having Josh Allen because he gets me a high floor with rushing - he's no Lamar Jackson, but he'll do. Getting a top-tier RB could be easier said than done at this point, but Woods makes an interesting trading chip - I'll see what I can do.
Misread that starting lineup then. your TEs are in great shape then. If you're comfortable with Allen at QB, then yea, I'd go Woods + one of your RBs for an upgraded RB.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

BearlyBears
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BearlyBears » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:29 pm

Update for anyone playing along at home - I couldn't get anything to happen for a stud RB. Problem is this is an 18-team league with 8 making the playoffs. Everyone with an actual stud RB is IN the playoffs. They're not giving them up even for Mack + Woods...which leads me to:

Woods out for some personal reason
Mack has a broken hand
Kerryon lost to IR as per usual

So...I'm not left with much ammo to move. Those guys are virtually untradable (believe me, I've tried with Kerryon and no one wants him). I want to keep Kirk unless I get a nice offer for him (and I don't get a lot of rando offers into this league - I've got to make the magic happen myself), but I could totally part with any of these RBs if it makes my team better long-term. And Hopkins...but only if I could get a top 2020 pick and a major RB or WR asset...which I don't see anyone parting with.

My closest competitors for the last seed in the playoffs had lost, so I'm guaranteed a spot, but my team is averaging about 20 points below the top 7. I don't stand a chance.

So I traded my 2020 1st (guaranteed to be 1.11 or 1.12) and Tarik Cohen (after he had his first good game of the season) for DJ Moore. I felt that the upside for him (and his age - 22!) is as good if not better than anyone I could get at that spot in 2020.

But I still need an RB that puts me into real contention next year...still trying to figure out what this team is.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:13 pm

I would still stay the course for next year. Your QB/WR/TE core is fantastic for an 18 team league. If Kerryon, Mack, or Sanders push back-end RB1 numbers, then you've got a contender on your hands.

If you're dead-set on acquiring a true RB1, it'll probably require trading Hopkins. Gotta give a stud to get a stud.
Team 1: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '16 & '17 3rd, '20 2nd Place
REBUILD STARTED 2019
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex
Kyler,Stafford,Herbert
Zeke,Sanders,Swift,Moss,Robinson,Mattison,Gio
Cooper,Juju,AJB,Reagor,Ruggs,Mims,Kirk,Bateman,Moore
Kelce,Henry
2022: 2,3,4

Team 2: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '17 & '20 2nd Place
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex
Rodgers,Stafford
Zeke,Conner,Robinson,Dillon,CEvans,Mattison,Edmonds,Davis
Hopkins,Thomas,Woods,Cooks,Toney,MWilliams,
Kittle,Henry,Freier
2022:1,1,2,3,4

Team 3: 14-Team SF,PPR,0.25/rush '18 3rd Place, 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex SFlex
Cousins,Kyler,Carr,Trask
Jacobs,Gibson,Robinson,LMurray,Ingram,Moss,Gio,SScott
Evans,Nuk,DJM,Boyd,Davis
Fant,Hooper,Gronk
2022:2,4
2023:1,1,2,3,4

Team 4: 12-TeamSF,0.5PPR,TE1PPR 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR WR TE FLEX FLEX SFlex
Allen,Tanny,Cam,MacJones
Taylor,Akers,Montgomery,Gibson,Robinson,Harris,McKissic,SScott
DKM,Evans,Juju,Cooks,MWilliams,Trequan
Engram,Hurst,Gronk,Long

BearlyBears
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BearlyBears » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:09 am

snaps06 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:13 pm If you're dead-set on acquiring a true RB1, it'll probably require trading Hopkins. Gotta give a stud to get a stud.
Was thinking the same thing. And if I could get a top-3 2020 pick and a WR like Galloday for Nuk I'd do it...but otherwise I gotta hold and hope these guys give me high-end RB2, low RB1 results.

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:18 am

BearlyBears wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:29 pm My closest competitors for the last seed in the playoffs had lost, so I'm guaranteed a spot, but my team is averaging about 20 points below the top 7. I don't stand a chance.

So I traded my 2020 1st (guaranteed to be 1.11 or 1.12) and Tarik Cohen (after he had his first good game of the season) for DJ Moore. I felt that the upside for him (and his age - 22!) is as good if not better than anyone I could get at that spot in 2020.

But I still need an RB that puts me into real contention next year...still trying to figure out what this team is.
This is a monster move that improves your team; I love Moore moving forward. For next year, what do we know about the running back position? It's volatile; use whatever picks you have and just load up on lotto-pick RBs. If you have somebody to trade at another position, use them to get a pick or an RB. Also, I wouldn't dump any of your RBs; you never know when you'll need them.

Good luck!