Gurley trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
mgregoirec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:21 am

Gurley trade

Postby mgregoirec » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:51 am

Rebuilding team wants to trade.

He just acquired Gurley for Ertz and Thielen.

Now he wants to give me Gurley for Montgomery, Sutton and a 1st.

I'm in need of a good RB since my only viable option is Ekeler. Others are Montgomery and L. Murray (lol).

Would you do that trade? I personnaly don't want to pay that much for Gurley. Initial offer on my side (just to get talks going) was Monty and a 1st.

What do you think?
Briseur de cennes- 12-team standard scoring w/ IDP (8-4 and 3rd place) (5th in PF - 4th in PA) - 5 keepers

QB : Matt Ryan, Daniel Jones, Ryan Tannehill
RB : Austin Ekeler, David Montgomery, Joe Mixon, Devonta Freeman, Latavius Murray
WR : Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton , Mike Williams, A.J. Brown
RB/WR : Chris Godwin
TE : Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson
K : J. Lambo
DL : Myles Garrett
LB : Shaquil Barrett
DB : Landon Collins

jonesmaster
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: Gurley trade

Postby jonesmaster » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:03 pm

Sutton is ascending and you'll destroy your RB depth by going through with this. instant decline for me
10-team 0.5 PPR Scoring TE Prem (Full PPR): 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 2FLX, 1TE, 1D/ST, K

QB: Brady , Rivers, Brissett
WR: Moore, Juju, Evans, Woods, Watkins, Sanders, Hakeem Butler, Humphries, Cobb
RB: Zeke, Gurley, Mixon, Mike Davis, Gio, Ty Johnson, Perkins, Armstead
TE: Kelce, Reed, Jonnu, Moreau
D/ST: Bears, Colts, Panthers

10-team Full PPR Scoring: 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1FLX, 1 SFLX, 1TE, 1D/ST, K

QB: Wilson , Mahomes , Baker, Teddy B, Stidham
RB: Coleman , White , Breida, Drake, Gio, Lewis, Davis, Ballage, Wilkins, J. Williams
WR: Evans , MT , Ridley, Harry, Boykin, Robby Anderson, Dede
TE: Kittle , Fant, Rudolph, Reed, Dissly
D/ST: Bills, Colts, Vikings

2020 Picks: 1, 1, 2, 2, 2; 2021 Picks: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3

mgregoirec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:21 am

Re: Gurley trade

Postby mgregoirec » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:06 pm

jonesmaster wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:03 pm
Sutton is ascending and you'll destroy your RB depth by going through with this. instant decline for me
Don't you think Gurley can help me for the rest of the year if I give him Monty and a 1st?

Not convinced, but still trying to get a RB soon.

Offered another owner Montgomery, TY Hilton, Sutton, a 1st (mine) and a 2nd (2.06ish) for Kamara and got declined. Was it light?

Thanks!
Briseur de cennes- 12-team standard scoring w/ IDP (8-4 and 3rd place) (5th in PF - 4th in PA) - 5 keepers

QB : Matt Ryan, Daniel Jones, Ryan Tannehill
RB : Austin Ekeler, David Montgomery, Joe Mixon, Devonta Freeman, Latavius Murray
WR : Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton , Mike Williams, A.J. Brown
RB/WR : Chris Godwin
TE : Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson
K : J. Lambo
DL : Myles Garrett
LB : Shaquil Barrett
DB : Landon Collins

abloom
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2744
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am

Re: Gurley trade

Postby abloom » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 pm

I'd look at other options for RB. Coleman, Breida, D Freeman, R Freeman, probably a few others. I'd look at those options first before parting with sutton and your 1st.
Team #1 (9-4) rank: 2/12 (in Finals)
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 2flex, 1DST, 1K

QB: Rivers, Tannehill, Haskins
RB: CMC, Fournette, Samuels, Guice, Scarbrough, Peterson, Armstead, Bonnafon, R Anderson, McKinnon
WR: Nuk, Evans, Edelman, C Samuel
TE: Witten, Goedert
DST: NE, BAL
K: Zurlein

2020 picks: rounds 1,4,4,5,5,7
------------
Team #2 (9-4) rank: 3/12 (in Finals)
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1superflex, 1flex, 1DST, 1K

QB: Wilson, Murray, Darnold, Cousins, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, S Michel, D. Freeman, Breida, AP, J Hill, B Hill
WR: Nuk, Allen, Godwin, Sutton
TE: Felles, Fant, Warring
K: Boswell
DST: PIT

2020 picks: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 7
------------
2019 Redraft (10-3) rank 1/10 (In Semifinals)
10 team, 0.5ppr, 1qb, 1 rb, 2wr, 1 te, 2 flex, 1DST, 1K

QB: Brees
RB: CMC, Kamara, Gurley, Breida
WR: K Allen, Green, Golladay, Boyd, Parker
TE: Henry, Hooper
K: Lutz
DST: BAL

mgregoirec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:21 am

Re: Gurley trade

Postby mgregoirec » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:09 pm

abloom wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 pm
I'd look at other options for RB. Coleman, Breida, D Freeman, R Freeman, probably a few others. I'd look at those options first before parting with sutton and your 1st.
You'd feel more confortable with one of these instead of Monty?
Briseur de cennes- 12-team standard scoring w/ IDP (8-4 and 3rd place) (5th in PF - 4th in PA) - 5 keepers

QB : Matt Ryan, Daniel Jones, Ryan Tannehill
RB : Austin Ekeler, David Montgomery, Joe Mixon, Devonta Freeman, Latavius Murray
WR : Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton , Mike Williams, A.J. Brown
RB/WR : Chris Godwin
TE : Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson
K : J. Lambo
DL : Myles Garrett
LB : Shaquil Barrett
DB : Landon Collins

abloom
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2744
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am

Re: Gurley trade

Postby abloom » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:11 pm

mgregoirec wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:09 pm
abloom wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 pm
I'd look at other options for RB. Coleman, Breida, D Freeman, R Freeman, probably a few others. I'd look at those options first before parting with sutton and your 1st.
You'd feel more confortable with one of these instead of Monty?
For this year? yes.
In the future? no.
I'm also not saying to trade monty for those players.
The ones I listed should only cost you a 2nd and a player, or something like that.
Team #1 (9-4) rank: 2/12 (in Finals)
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 2flex, 1DST, 1K

QB: Rivers, Tannehill, Haskins
RB: CMC, Fournette, Samuels, Guice, Scarbrough, Peterson, Armstead, Bonnafon, R Anderson, McKinnon
WR: Nuk, Evans, Edelman, C Samuel
TE: Witten, Goedert
DST: NE, BAL
K: Zurlein

2020 picks: rounds 1,4,4,5,5,7
------------
Team #2 (9-4) rank: 3/12 (in Finals)
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1superflex, 1flex, 1DST, 1K

QB: Wilson, Murray, Darnold, Cousins, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, S Michel, D. Freeman, Breida, AP, J Hill, B Hill
WR: Nuk, Allen, Godwin, Sutton
TE: Felles, Fant, Warring
K: Boswell
DST: PIT

2020 picks: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 7
------------
2019 Redraft (10-3) rank 1/10 (In Semifinals)
10 team, 0.5ppr, 1qb, 1 rb, 2wr, 1 te, 2 flex, 1DST, 1K

QB: Brees
RB: CMC, Kamara, Gurley, Breida
WR: K Allen, Green, Golladay, Boyd, Parker
TE: Henry, Hooper
K: Lutz
DST: BAL

mgregoirec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:21 am

Re: Gurley trade

Postby mgregoirec » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:24 pm

abloom wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:11 pm
mgregoirec wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:09 pm
abloom wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 pm
I'd look at other options for RB. Coleman, Breida, D Freeman, R Freeman, probably a few others. I'd look at those options first before parting with sutton and your 1st.
You'd feel more confortable with one of these instead of Monty?
For this year? yes.
In the future? no.
I'm also not saying to trade monty for those players.
The ones I listed should only cost you a 2nd and a player, or something like that.
OK thanks!
Briseur de cennes- 12-team standard scoring w/ IDP (8-4 and 3rd place) (5th in PF - 4th in PA) - 5 keepers

QB : Matt Ryan, Daniel Jones, Ryan Tannehill
RB : Austin Ekeler, David Montgomery, Joe Mixon, Devonta Freeman, Latavius Murray
WR : Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton , Mike Williams, A.J. Brown
RB/WR : Chris Godwin
TE : Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson
K : J. Lambo
DL : Myles Garrett
LB : Shaquil Barrett
DB : Landon Collins

User avatar
Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 14548
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 am

Re: Gurley trade

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:11 pm

Easily passing on the original offer. Hold those assets.
You're in this for Life
12 Team, PPR, 30 roster: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 DST, 1 K
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, Josh Allen
RB: Alvin Kamara, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Derrius Guice, Alexander Mattison, Ryquell Armstead, Rodney Anderson
WR: Kenny Golladay, Chris Godwin, Calvin Ridley, Courtland Sutton, Dede Westbrook, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk, Mike Williams, Josh Reynolds, Equanimeous St. Brown
TE: Mark Andrews, O.J. Howard, David Njoku, Greg Olsen, Ian Thomas

Picks: 2020: 4th, 5th 2021: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

briank
Starter
Starter
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Re: Gurley trade

Postby briank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:50 pm

mgregoirec wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:51 am
Rebuilding team wants to trade.

He just acquired Gurley for Ertz and Thielen.

Now he wants to give me Gurley for Montgomery, Sutton and a 1st.

I'm in need of a good RB since my only viable option is Ekeler. Others are Montgomery and L. Murray (lol).

Would you do that trade? I personnaly don't want to pay that much for Gurley. Initial offer on my side (just to get talks going) was Monty and a 1st.

What do you think?
I just saw Gurley/Henderson/Malcom Brown traded for Sutton and a 1st, so this seems like an overpay.
12 team PPR 1QB 2-3RB 3-4WR 1-2TE 1K 1DST start 10
QB: Wilson, Brady, Mayfield
RB: Zeke, Bell, Mack, DJ, Snell, Samuels, Edmonds
WR: OBJ, Julio, Hilton, Edelman, Fitzgerald, AJG, Tate
TE: Ertz, Cook, Olsen, Walker
K: Zuerlein
DST: PIT

12 team PPR 1-2QB 2-5RB 2-5WR 1-4TE start 9
QB: Mayfield, Winston, Newton, Keenum, Stidham
RB: Mixon, A. Jones, Miller, Jamaal Williams, Dixon, Edwards, Bernard, Gallman, Pollard
WR: Hopkins, Thomas, Jeffery, DJ Moore, Moncrief, Ginn, David Moore, Perriman
TE: Ertz, Cook, Gesicki, Shaheen
2020 Picks: 4, 5

24 team 2 copy PPR TE 1.5 PPFD 1-2QB 1-7RB 1-7WR 1-7TE start 10
QB: Mahomes, Watson, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick, Flacco
RB: Mixon, Carson, Murray, Jamaal Williams, Mattison, Hines, Barber, Bonnafon, Ty Johnson
WR: Evans, Woods, Cooks, Fuller, Miller, Diontae Johnson, Ross, DT, Reynolds, Ginn, Erickson, Byrd
TE: Andrews, Brate
2020 Picks: 3, 4, 5

User avatar
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 26425
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:21 am

Re: Gurley trade

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:12 pm

I wouldn't pay that for Gurley. Also, he's averaging just under 15 points per game. That's not terrible at all, but how much is he really going to help you this year? Is that enough to put you over the top? And is he going to stay healthy and play in every game the rest of the way (he's already missed one)? I really love Gurley, but in terms of fantasy and dynasty, I wouldn't really be buying, at least not at that price.

mgregoirec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:21 am

Re: Gurley trade

Postby mgregoirec » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:58 am

Goddard wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:12 pm
I wouldn't pay that for Gurley. Also, he's averaging just under 15 points per game. That's not terrible at all, but how much is he really going to help you this year? Is that enough to put you over the top? And is he going to stay healthy and play in every game the rest of the way (he's already missed one)? I really love Gurley, but in terms of fantasy and dynasty, I wouldn't really be buying, at least not at that price.
Fair enough. I think his value is mainly because of his name.
Briseur de cennes- 12-team standard scoring w/ IDP (8-4 and 3rd place) (5th in PF - 4th in PA) - 5 keepers

QB : Matt Ryan, Daniel Jones, Ryan Tannehill
RB : Austin Ekeler, David Montgomery, Joe Mixon, Devonta Freeman, Latavius Murray
WR : Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton , Mike Williams, A.J. Brown
RB/WR : Chris Godwin
TE : Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson
K : J. Lambo
DL : Myles Garrett
LB : Shaquil Barrett
DB : Landon Collins

mgregoirec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:21 am

Re: Gurley trade

Postby mgregoirec » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:00 am

briank wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:50 pm
mgregoirec wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:51 am
Rebuilding team wants to trade.

He just acquired Gurley for Ertz and Thielen.

Now he wants to give me Gurley for Montgomery, Sutton and a 1st.

I'm in need of a good RB since my only viable option is Ekeler. Others are Montgomery and L. Murray (lol).

Would you do that trade? I personnaly don't want to pay that much for Gurley. Initial offer on my side (just to get talks going) was Monty and a 1st.

What do you think?
I just saw Gurley/Henderson/Malcom Brown traded for Sutton and a 1st, so this seems like an overpay.
I'd easily pay Sutton and a 1st for that, but the initial offer the owner sent me for Gurley was : Gurley for Monty, Ekeler and a 1st. I don't feel like I'm getting Gurley for cheap.
Briseur de cennes- 12-team standard scoring w/ IDP (8-4 and 3rd place) (5th in PF - 4th in PA) - 5 keepers

QB : Matt Ryan, Daniel Jones, Ryan Tannehill
RB : Austin Ekeler, David Montgomery, Joe Mixon, Devonta Freeman, Latavius Murray
WR : Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton , Mike Williams, A.J. Brown
RB/WR : Chris Godwin
TE : Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson
K : J. Lambo
DL : Myles Garrett
LB : Shaquil Barrett
DB : Landon Collins


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 4 guests