QB Advice & Strategy

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Packerland
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

QB Advice & Strategy

Postby Packerland » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:03 am

I have 2 aging QBs in Brady and Rivers along with Jameis who is on thin ice as a starter in Tampa. I currently have 2 picks in the top 5 of the 2020 draft and don't really want to draft Tua or Herbert that early with all the talent at RB and WR. Do you think I should just bite the bullet and invest in Tua or Herbert with one of those picks? What do you think my best strategy would be? Also, if I do invest in a QB, Tua or Herbert?

Thanks for the help.

FantasyFoosball
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: QB Advice & Strategy

Postby FantasyFoosball » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:18 am

Is this a 1QB league or a SF? Need to know settings here to be able to give any advice.

If it's a 1QB then no way in the world do you use a top five pick on a QB. That's crazy talk.

If it's a SF, then that's a different story.
10 Team Dynasty Salary Cap League with 0.5 PPR and IDP - Est. 2018
2018 - Champions!
2019: 8-2, 1st Place, 1st in Points
35-40 man rosters - $200 budget
Starting Positions:
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 WR/TE
1 K
9 IDP positions
2 DL
2 LB
2 DB
3 DL/LB/DB

Current Roster:
QB - Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Chris Carson, Sony Michel, Derrius Guice, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Robert Woods, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Parris Campbell, Anthony Miller
TE - George Kittle, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki
K - Robbie Gould, Mike Badgley
DL - Joey Bosa, DeForest Buckner, Cameron Heyward
LB - Darius Leonard, Lavonte David, Myles Jack, Fred Warner, Matt Milano, Dre Greenlaw
DB - Shawn Williams, Kevin Byard, Ronnie Harrison, Logan Ryan
IR - Will Dissly, John Johnson III

2020 - 3rd
2021 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd
2022 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Packerland
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Packerland » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:19 am

I apologize, 1 QB league but definitely need to get younger at the position. I guarantee if I ignore drafting a QB all of them will be gone after my picks in the first round because everyone values QB's highly in this league.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:21 am

If people value QBs that highly in your league, sell the ones you have now and be glad that the top QBs are gone by the time you pick...leaves you with better talent at other positions.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:26 am

Goddard wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:21 am
If people value QBs that highly in your league, sell the ones you have now and be glad that the top QBs are gone by the time you pick...leaves you with better talent at other positions.
My thoughts exactly. Sell high based on league values.
You're in this for Life
12 Team, PPR, 30 roster: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 DST, 1 K
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, Josh Allen
RB: Alvin Kamara, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Derrius Guice, Alexander Mattison, Ryquell Armstead, Rodney Anderson
WR: Kenny Golladay, Chris Godwin, Calvin Ridley, Courtland Sutton, Dede Westbrook, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk, Mike Williams, Josh Reynolds, Equanimeous St. Brown
TE: Mark Andrews, O.J. Howard, David Njoku, Greg Olsen, Ian Thomas

Picks: 2020: 4th, 5th 2021: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Packerland
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Packerland » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:28 am

I don't really have any assets that people want, my best QB's are 40. I might need to start investing in QB's soon though. Any suggestions of trade targets?

FantasyFoosball
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby FantasyFoosball » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:06 am

I mean, Brady has been a top ten QB and he doesn't show any signs of slowing down. Rivers is only 37 and has plenty of offensive weapons around him. Winston is 25 and has two top ten fantasy receivers on his team. I'm struggling to see where the emergency is and why you think you need to use a top five pick on a QB?

If you can't sell any of those guys, then QB's can't be valued that highly in your league. I think you are fine with what you have......

But sure, why not, go ahead and instead of drafting Juedy, or Taylor, or Swift, take Tua. Problem solved...
10 Team Dynasty Salary Cap League with 0.5 PPR and IDP - Est. 2018
2018 - Champions!
2019: 8-2, 1st Place, 1st in Points
35-40 man rosters - $200 budget
Starting Positions:
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 WR/TE
1 K
9 IDP positions
2 DL
2 LB
2 DB
3 DL/LB/DB

Current Roster:
QB - Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Chris Carson, Sony Michel, Derrius Guice, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Robert Woods, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Parris Campbell, Anthony Miller
TE - George Kittle, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki
K - Robbie Gould, Mike Badgley
DL - Joey Bosa, DeForest Buckner, Cameron Heyward
LB - Darius Leonard, Lavonte David, Myles Jack, Fred Warner, Matt Milano, Dre Greenlaw
DB - Shawn Williams, Kevin Byard, Ronnie Harrison, Logan Ryan
IR - Will Dissly, John Johnson III

2020 - 3rd
2021 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd
2022 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Dibbles
Captain
Captain

Postby Dibbles » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:20 am

Do NOT draft a QB early in 2020, in a one QB league there are Minshew opportunities literally every couple of weeks. Hold Winston and Rivers, draft as many RB's and QB's as you can in 2020, and look to pick up Minshew-type backups when chances arise this/next year . . . and you will be fine.

Packerland
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Packerland » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:20 am

Appreciate the advice. I think the talent at RB and WR are too much to ignore next year.

briank
Starter
Starter

Postby briank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:42 pm

Packerland wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:03 am
I have 2 aging QBs in Brady and Rivers along with Jameis who is on thin ice as a starter in Tampa. I currently have 2 picks in the top 5 of the 2020 draft and don't really want to draft Tua or Herbert that early with all the talent at RB and WR. Do you think I should just bite the bullet and invest in Tua or Herbert with one of those picks? What do you think my best strategy would be? Also, if I do invest in a QB, Tua or Herbert?

Thanks for the help.
I'd be comfortable riding those old QB into the sunset. I'd throw 3rd round darts at rookie QBs. I'd be comfortable acquiring other old QB when these guys are done. What I'm saying is QB doesn't really matter in a 1 QB league and I'm not investing anything significant in them ever. You don't have to worry about getting younger at that position.
12 team PPR 1QB 2-3RB 3-4WR 1-2TE 1K 1DST start 10
QB: Wilson, Brady, Mayfield
RB: DJ, Zeke, Mack, Samuels, Edmonds, Wilkins
WR: OBJ, Julio, Hilton, Fitzgerald, AJG, Tate, Allison, Isabella
TE: Ertz, Olsen, Andrews, Walker, Cook, Herndon
K: Zuerlein
DST: Bills
2020 Picks: 1

12 team PPR 1-2QB 2-5RB 2-5WR 1-4TE start 9
QB: Mayfield, Winston, Newton, Keenum, Stidham
RB: Mixon, A. Jones, Miller, Jamaal Williams, Dixon, Edwards, Bernard, Gallman, Pollard
WR: Hopkins, Thomas, Jeffery, DJ Moore, Moncrief, Ginn, David Moore, Perriman
TE: Ertz, Cook, Gesicki, Shaheen
2020 Picks: 4, 5

24 team 2 copy PPR TE 1.5 PPFD 1-2QB 1-7RB 1-7WR 1-7TE start 10
QB: Mahomes, Watson, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick, Flacco
RB: Mixon, Carson, Murray, Jamaal Williams, Mattison, Hines, Barber, Bonnafon, Ty Johnson
WR: Evans, Woods, Cooks, Fuller, Miller, Diontae Johnson, Ross, DT, Reynolds, Ginn, Erickson, Byrd
TE: Andrews, Brate
2020 Picks: 3, 4, 5