Is now the time to sell Godwin?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Is now the time to sell Godwin?

Postby vbbish » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:22 am

Trying to gauge if his production is sustainable.

Is he the number 1 WR in football or is now the time to sell high on the hype?
12th Year Full Dynasty PPR (1 pt. per Rec.) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1TE/RB/WR 12 team league **Champ 20, 21 & 22 **
QB: J. Burrow, M. Jones, B. Zappe
RB: Breece Hall, J. Gibbs, D. Cook, AJ Dillon, D. Pierce
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Jeudy, R. Moore, K. Shakir, T. Burks, Z. Flowers, S. Moore, J. Reed, J. Metchie, J. Downs
TE: Andrews, J. Johnson, T. Kraft

2024 1.01, 1.02, 1.11, 3.10

1st Year Superflex PPR (.5 per Rec) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2WR/RB/TE, 1SF

QB: Herbie, T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
RB: D. Singletary, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
WR: D. London, G. Wilson, KJ Osborn, M. Wilson, D. Davis, J. Watson, J. Williams, T, Scott, Q, Johnson, P. Washingon
TE: C. Otton, D. Kincaid, T. Conklin, N. Fant, J, Whyle, M. Mayer

2024 1.05, 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04

jpusmc0311
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Is now the time to sell Godwin?

Postby jpusmc0311 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:24 am

I think he's a legit WR 1 and he's only 23... He's a guy you'd build your WR corps around, imho
Team 1: 10 TEAM PPR. 0.2 PPC 2QB 3RB 4WR 1TE 1FLEX 2IDP 1 D/ST 1K
QBs - Bridgewater, Cousins, Darnold, Rudolph
RBs - Miles Sanders, Ronald Jones, Mixon, Fournette, Mike Davis, Gio Bernard, T. Coleman, Damien Williams, Love
WRs - DHop, Chris Godwin, DK Metcalf, DJ Chark, Beckham Jr, DJ Moore, Sutton, Kirk, Edelman, Tre'Quan Smith, Anthony Miller, Van Jefferson, Jalen Guyton, Peoples-Jones, Marcus Johnson
TEs- Kittle, Hockenson, Tonyan, Njoku, Trautman
IDP: Lavonte David, Roquan Smith
K: Greg Zuerlein

Team 2: 12 Team PPR 1QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
QBs - Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Lock, Eason
RBs - Barkley, Cook, Swift, Cam Akers, Mack, K. Johnson,
WRs - Michael Thomas, A Robinson II, Chark Jr, Tee Higgins, Woods, Sutton, B Edwards, Hardman, Zach Pascal, Van Jefferson, Berrios, Gandy-Golden, Tyler Johnson, P Campbell
TE - Fant, Ebron, Kmet

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:38 am

I don't think there is a wrong answer right now.

If you want to sell him, sell him. I don't see his value getting that much higher than it is. If you want to keep him to keep his WR1 production, keep it. Its really going to depend on the rest of your roster.

The worst thing that I can see happening to him is if Winston leave TB after the year, and TB doesn't replace him with a competent QB.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:58 am

There’s a lot to unpack from just these two sentences. Haha.

1. Is his production sustainable?
He’s currently on pace for 115/1,765/16. If he hit those numbers exactly, that would amount to the 17th most receptions, 6th most yards and 14th most receiving TDs by a player in NFL history. So a stat line like that is not unprecedented, but it would rank among the best seasons by all-time greats like Rice, Moss, Calvin, etc.

2. Is he the #1 WR in football?
In terms of production, he absolutely is right now. Will he continue to be over the next several years? Who knows? There are several WRs for whom you could make a reasonable argument as THE WR1 (Nuk, Thomas, Adams, JuJu, OBJ) and I don’t think it’s crazy whatsoever to think Godwin has joined that group.

3. Is now the time to sell high on the hype?
Well just to be clear, it’s not hype. It’s actual real-world production. Whether or not now is the time to sell is entirely dependent on your own answers to the above two questions, as well as what you can actually get for him. There are a lot of people who don’t think he’s entered that elite tier yet. Hell, there are even some people who want to wait five years before even declaring him the best WR on the Bucs. I’m of the opinion that no player is untradable, given the right return. But unless someone is giving you #1 overall WR value for him, I’d be inclined to just hold. But if you believe that you can make your team better now and/or in the future by trading him away, then by all means do so.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:08 am

I think he is a legit WR1 based on age and production. I don't think he will keep up his current pace, but I think he is a top 10 WR.

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:17 am

M-Dub wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:58 am There’s a lot to unpack from just these two sentences. Haha.

1. Is his production sustainable?
He’s currently on pace for 115/1,765/16. If he hit those numbers exactly, that would amount to the 17th most receptions, 6th most yards and 14th most receiving TDs by a player in NFL history. So a stat line like that is not unprecedented, but it would rank among the best seasons by all-time greats like Rice, Moss, Calvin, etc.

2. Is he the #1 WR in football?
In terms of production, he absolutely is right now. Will he continue to be over the next several years? Who knows? There are several WRs for whom you could make a reasonable argument as THE WR1 (Nuk, Thomas, Adams, JuJu, OBJ) and I don’t think it’s crazy whatsoever to think Godwin has joined that group.

3. Is now the time to sell high on the hype?
Well just to be clear, it’s not hype. It’s actual real-world production. Whether or not now is the time to sell is entirely dependent on your own answers to the above two questions, as well as what you can actually get for him. There are a lot of people who don’t think he’s entered that elite tier yet. Hell, there are even some people who want to wait five years before even declaring him the best WR on the Bucs. I’m of the opinion that no player is untradable, given the right return. But unless someone is giving you #1 overall WR value for him, I’d be inclined to just hold. But if you believe that you can make your team better now and/or in the future by trading him away, then by all means do so.
Thanks for the great responses guys. Gonna float some offers and see what bites i get
12th Year Full Dynasty PPR (1 pt. per Rec.) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1TE/RB/WR 12 team league **Champ 20, 21 & 22 **
QB: J. Burrow, M. Jones, B. Zappe
RB: Breece Hall, J. Gibbs, D. Cook, AJ Dillon, D. Pierce
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Jeudy, R. Moore, K. Shakir, T. Burks, Z. Flowers, S. Moore, J. Reed, J. Metchie, J. Downs
TE: Andrews, J. Johnson, T. Kraft

2024 1.01, 1.02, 1.11, 3.10

1st Year Superflex PPR (.5 per Rec) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2WR/RB/TE, 1SF

QB: Herbie, T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
RB: D. Singletary, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
WR: D. London, G. Wilson, KJ Osborn, M. Wilson, D. Davis, J. Watson, J. Williams, T, Scott, Q, Johnson, P. Washingon
TE: C. Otton, D. Kincaid, T. Conklin, N. Fant, J, Whyle, M. Mayer

2024 1.05, 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:32 am

I don't think you're going to get the overall WR1 value for him if that's what you're asking. If you do, I'd sell. If not, keep him as a WR1 for years to come.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:37 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:32 am I don't think you're going to get the overall WR1 value for him if that's what you're asking. If you do, I'd sell. If not, keep him as a WR1 for years to come.
I think if you are getting WR 1-2 value you sell sell sell (provided he is not a lynchpin for you contending for your championship, like he is for me in my team #2 in sig). If you are getting WR 3-6 value, it probably depends on the actual deal and anything lower I'd probably hold.

Overall thoughts:
This is Godwin's third year. Evans is going to be working the outside for the forseeable future. Bruce Arians likes to use the slot receiver. Slot receivers tend to get the CB2/3. Even if Winston does not stay next year, the TB offense is too potent through the air to NOT have a QB that can throw the ball around.

Could Godwin lose some value? yes, of course he can. But I think he will finish off this season as a top 10 WR (barring injury) and that for at least the next couple years he'll have great potential.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

diamonddave
Captain
Captain

Postby diamonddave » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:09 pm

i think godwin's the real deal, a surefire wr1 for several years. i'd go and try to grab him if you want him.
12-team, PPR, 2QB, IDP League--Start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 W/R/T, 2D, 1LB, 1DL, 1DB

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Gardner Minshew
RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, D'Onta Foreman, AJ Dillon, Kenneth Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Rico Dowdle, IR: JK Dobbins
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, Cooper Kupp, Diontae Johnson, Marquise Brown, Josh Palmer, Dontayvion Wicks, Tutu Atwell
TE: TJ Hockensen, Pat Freiermuth
K: Dustin Hopkins
LB: Roquan Smith, CJ Mosley, Terrel Bernard Ernest Jones, Quincy Williams
DL: Jonathan Greenard , Malcolm Koonce
DB: Jason Pinnock