David Montgomery

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

David Montgomery

Postby darewood11 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Man is this a buy low or a bad sign. He has been very bad so far. I'm starting to sour a little bit

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: David Montgomery

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:33 pm

Could go either way. I would buy low depending on what that price actually is.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:24 am

Anyone elses thoughts?

fab10
Starter
Starter

Postby fab10 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:07 am

I'm very sour , was able to flip him and Devonte for Jacobs before last week's game , I know he's playing on a bad offence but so are alot of rbs who have shown more

I could be wrong but sell him now
12 Team -PPR

Qb- Mahomes,Howell
Wr-DK, Terry, Jeudy, Wilson, JWill
Rb- Chubb, warren, speares Moss, Chandler
TE-kincaid
K- Bass
2x 2024 1sts

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:11 am

hes just meh. surprised cohen isnt getting more usage. i doubt any owners are trying to sell him off cheap 5 weeks into the season though but worth a shot, hes still getting touches.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:11 am hes just meh. surprised cohen isnt getting more usage. i doubt any owners are trying to sell him off cheap 5 weeks into the season though but worth a shot, hes still getting touches.
I've watched all the Bears games a couple times. Cohen has looked worse than Montgomery this year. This really isn't a situation where DM has looked bad, but more a situation where he has looked "ok" while playing behind an absolutely terrible run blocking OL. Kyle Long is done and needs to be replaced ASAP. Leno is playing way worse than his usual self. Switching Whitehair and Daniels seems to have negatively impacted both, but there is hope they will each get into a new groove at the new positions.

In addition to the OL issues, Nagy seems to have no ability to scheme and call running plays. He also insists on overusing RPO's which dont allow the OL to run block well, because they don't know if a run or pass is coming...I'm also convinced teams know what defensive keys he has his players looking at and line up in formations that make the Bears pass too often when the actual defensive play call doesn't match the formation lined up.

I'm think that Montgomery is a good buy low right now, but might not be much value this year. The Bears clearly have more important offensive upgrades to make than RB this offseason so he'll stick around and probably have an improved OL next year. Nagy is also going to have to learn to adjust tendencies or give up play calling duties next year which should also help. This year though I wouldn't expect much to improve too much. the Bears also have a pretty tough remaining schedule.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:29 am

CubfanAA wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:11 am hes just meh. surprised cohen isnt getting more usage. i doubt any owners are trying to sell him off cheap 5 weeks into the season though but worth a shot, hes still getting touches.
I've watched all the Bears games a couple times. Cohen has looked worse than Montgomery this year. This really isn't a situation where DM has looked bad, but more a situation where he has looked "ok" while playing behind an absolutely terrible run blocking OL. Kyle Long is done and needs to be replaced ASAP. Leno is playing way worse than his usual self. Switching Whitehair and Daniels seems to have negatively impacted both, but there is hope they will each get into a new groove at the new positions.

In addition to the OL issues, Nagy seems to have no ability to scheme and call running plays. He also insists on overusing RPO's which dont allow the OL to run block well, because they don't know if a run or pass is coming...I'm also convinced teams know what defensive keys he has his players looking at and line up in formations that make the Bears pass too often when the actual defensive play call doesn't match the formation lined up.

I'm think that Montgomery is a good buy low right now, but might not be much value this year. The Bears clearly have more important offensive upgrades to make than RB this offseason so he'll stick around and probably have an improved OL next year. Nagy is also going to have to learn to adjust tendencies or give up play calling duties next year which should also help. This year though I wouldn't expect much to improve too much. the Bears also have a pretty tough remaining schedule.
I've watched all the Bear games too and I disagree. The issues that were brought up during combine/draft time are showing up in NFL action now. He's got 0 explosion. He'll get you what's blocked and that's it. In other words he's Jordan Howard 2.0.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:52 am

djeternal2 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:29 am
I've watched all the Bear games too and I disagree. The issues that were brought up during combine/draft time are showing up in NFL action now. He's got 0 explosion. He'll get you what's blocked and that's it. In other words he's Jordan Howard 2.0.
That's not really disagreeing with me...I agree that he is essentially Jordan Howard 2.0, but that is really "ok". Jordan Howard put up good #'s with the Bears until Nagy showed up and was quite useful for fantasy teams. Nobody should be expecting Montgomery to be Kamara or Cook, but he also doesn't really need to be in order to be a buy low. He's got enough ability to break tackles to be a starting RB in the league and the Bears really can't afford to move on next year. He'll get a shot to play in a better offense (it really can't get worse), but some owners might be panic selling cheap right now based on the dumpster fire the offense has been the first 5 weeks.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:58 am

I was never that high on him, but if you can buy him low, I think there will be an opportunity to sell him for more during the offseason when people start hyping him up again as the starter in his second year. Not like the Bears are going to go out of there way and draft a RB high next year or sign a big name free agent.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:55 am

djeternal2 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:29 am
CubfanAA wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 am

Gonna have go with the extremely detailed and nuanced insight over the (much) shallower one...

Excellent post, CubFan.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:01 am

Buy low. Regardless of what we think his snap percentage has increased weekly. The staff wants him to play so he's going to play.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton