Barkley+ for Mixon, Juju+ trade to win the league

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

What side would you take keeping league-winning potential in mind with my lineup in signature?

Saquon, Cooks, MVS
75%
Juju, Mixon, Matt Ryan, 2 firsts in 2020
25%

Total votes: 8

dgra94
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Barkley+ for Mixon, Juju+ trade to win the league

Postby dgra94 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:21 pm

Hey all. Please chime in on this one. I thought I had a superstar filled team ready to compete this year and am suffering due to lackluster play from a few guys. Thinking of cutting bait on Juju and Mixon in a monster deal for Saquon that I honestly think could win me the league but wanted others' opinions before accepting. I know it's an overpay - that's not the question. Please let me know if you think it'll increase my chances of actually winning the league by a significant amount. If you look at my 2020 picks I'm set for the future so I'm not too worried about the future. One of the 2020 picks that I'm keeping is ABSOLUTELY going to be the 1.01 this year, the orphan team's best player is honestly Jared Goff. I want to pair Chubb, Saquon, and 1.01.
Standard, non-ppr 12 team
QB - RB - RB - WR - WR - TE - FLEX - K - DEF
QB: Russ, Stafford, Tua
RB: Taylor, Kamara, Sanders, Saquon
WR: Hill, Diggs, AJ Brown, Lamb, D. Smith, Deebo
TE: Kittle, Knox
K: Folk
D/ST: Chargers, Eagles

dgra94
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Barkley+ for Mixon, Juju+ trade to win the league

Postby dgra94 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:23 pm

Side note; my reasoning behind Juju and Mixon are team situations, not talent. I know they're both young but the Bengals look atrocious and Big Ben will likely not be back at 100%. I'd have a hard time buying into him next season, I suffered the same exact injury a few years ago and while I'm no professional athlete, it still took 12-14 months for me to get back to "full strength" with about 1-2 hours a day of rehab plus lifting weights (I was a college athlete then). My opinion is that I think their potential production for this year is low.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:26 pm

I don't think this deal puts you over the top to win it all, but you are landing the best piece in the deal. This may be the best time to try and land Barkley from a panicked owner.

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:27 pm

It's a lot to pay but honestly I like it if it's going to get you a title.. Honestly though I'd be a little concerned about your WR depth. Are you sure this will get you to be a contender?
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:28 pm

I think that's an overpay. Juju and Mixon should be enough for Barkley and I'm not even sure I'd pay that much for him. I also wouldn't move Ryan and two 2020 1st for Cooks and MVS.

dgra94
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dgra94 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:27 pm It's a lot to pay but honestly I like it if it's going to get you a title.. Honestly though I'd be a little concerned about your WR depth. Are you sure this will get you to be a contender?
This deal definitely makes my team a contender, but it does take some depth away you're right. And definitely an overpay! My WR2 position would be Cooks. Past that, my hope would be that MVS, Davis, and Jeffery would give me enough production to fill the void during bye weeks.

dgra94
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dgra94 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:28 pm I think that's an overpay. Juju and Mixon should be enough for Barkley and I'm not even sure I'd pay that much for him. I also wouldn't move Ryan and two 2020 1st for Cooks and MVS.
100% an overpay. In the current situations they're in now though, their production has to have a much lower ceiling than we thought at the beginning of the year. I think the Juju situation is cleaner than Mixon's but not sure either crack the top 12 at their position this year. Barkley on the other hand I would bet is going to be top 5 in PPG if not right there in scoring and is easily the 1.01 imo. That's why I'm even considering this deal.

dgra94
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dgra94 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:35 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:26 pm I don't think this deal puts you over the top to win it all, but you are landing the best piece in the deal. This may be the best time to try and land Barkley from a panicked owner.
Kind of my thoughts too, I don't think Barkley is ever moved for less than something absolutely insane if he's healthy and producing like he has.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:45 pm

dgra94 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:34 pm
Goddard wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:28 pm I think that's an overpay. Juju and Mixon should be enough for Barkley and I'm not even sure I'd pay that much for him. I also wouldn't move Ryan and two 2020 1st for Cooks and MVS.
100% an overpay. In the current situations they're in now though, their production has to have a much lower ceiling than we thought at the beginning of the year. I think the Juju situation is cleaner than Mixon's but not sure either crack the top 12 at their position this year. Barkley on the other hand I would bet is going to be top 5 in PPG if not right there in scoring and is easily the 1.01 imo. That's why I'm even considering this deal.
In a redraft, this would make a lot of sense. And I get the goal is to win now. But I just don't know if I'd overpay by that much. I mean I guess it can be worth it if you win it all...your call.

dgra94
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dgra94 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:48 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:45 pm
In a redraft, this would make a lot of sense. And I get the goal is to win now. But I just don't know if I'd overpay by that much. I mean I guess it can be worth it if you win it all...your call.
Agreed dude. If I take it and don't win I'll be pissed! Lol. About to start flipping a damn coin for this one.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:02 pm

dgra94 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:48 pm
Goddard wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:45 pm

Agreed dude. If I take it and don't win I'll be pissed! Lol. About to start flipping a damn coin for this one.
Then you'd have to figure out which side is heads and which one's tails...and that might be an even harder decision to make lol.