What to do with this roster? (Time to blow it up?)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

What to do with this roster? (Time to blow it up?)

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:47 pm

For the team in my signature. I made the playoffs last year, and felt good about my progress building the team. It's a Keep 7 league, so I was able to snag up Andrew Luck in the 4th round (Nice!). Then the news broke about Luck, and my team doesn't look so hot any more.
I feel like I'm a middling team at best this year.

What do I do with this roster? Is it time to be honest with myself and blow it up? Start selling early? Or is there any salvaging this season?

If I do blow it up any advice on where to start? Anyone have any resources (sites, articles, threads, etc.) on how to rebuild?
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What to do with this roster? (Time to blow it up?)

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:56 pm

I would blow this team up. I would hold J. Allen (since you need a QB), Adams, Davis (possibly) and Sutton and build around them. I would move every other piece on this team throughout the season. Sell high on Breida, Henderson and Armstead, Tate and Allison if they have a good game or two early in the season. Make smart deals for the future and be patient in your rebuild/retooling of your roster. Good luck!

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:11 am

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:56 pm I would blow this team up. I would hold J. Allen (since you need a QB), Adams, Davis (possibly) and Sutton and build around them. I would move every other piece on this team throughout the season. Sell high on Breida, Henderson and Armstead, Tate and Allison if they have a good game or two early in the season. Make smart deals for the future and be patient in your rebuild/retooling of your roster. Good luck!
Thanks Gator. I actually don't need a QB since it's a keep 7 so I can get one in the draft. But I also probably can't get anything in return for Allen or Trubisky either at this point.

Never rebuilt a team before. Where should I start?
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:14 am

In a keep 7, my strategy would be different than in a true dynasty. If possible, I'd sell depth fro great keepers.

Not sure how keepers work in your league. Some leagues you keep 7 guys with no impact on draft picks, others your keeper costs you your pick in the round the keeper was drafted the year before, or some variety of that. In the 2nd scenario a stud like Mahomes who was likely drafted late is worth keeping over a guy like Kelce who is elite but may have been taken in the 2nd round. Make sense?

If you can't get a stud keeper or two, trade for draft picks and hope for the best...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:10 pm

:lol:
jetsfan5757 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:14 am In a keep 7, my strategy would be different than in a true dynasty. If possible, I'd sell depth fro great keepers.

Not sure how keepers work in your league. Some leagues you keep 7 guys with no impact on draft picks, others your keeper costs you your pick in the round the keeper was drafted the year before, or some variety of that. In the 2nd scenario a stud like Mahomes who was likely drafted late is worth keeping over a guy like Kelce who is elite but may have been taken in the 2nd round. Make sense?

If you can't get a stud keeper or two, trade for draft picks and hope for the best...
Makes perfect sense. In my league there’s no cost associated with keeping someone. You just keep your 7 right before the draft and that’s it. So yes it’s all about accumulating studs. The challenge is how to do that without giving away my studs too.

This is the hardest league to prepare for.. it’s not a dynasty but not a redraft. Ugh

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Davante Adams, Zach Ertz, Fournette off limits.

Anyone else, deal for a stud even if it's an overpay. Don't rush, wait till a stud gets injured and pounce. Maybe jump on Zeke or MG3 if holdouts draw out. Agree it won't be easy, but might be possible if/when a contender becomes desperate...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:25 pm

I’m waiting until Golden is back and hopefully playing well, looking to move him for picks. Same with TY, and your rbs, I’m not a fan of LF or Lindsay. If you can stock up on picks and hopefully hot on a few future keepers.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5