Taxi squad strategy

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
KingWizard12
Rookie
Rookie

Taxi squad strategy

Postby KingWizard12 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:01 am

So I have 5 rookies and only 4 taxi squad spots. (We can hold only rookies for 1 year and can’t move players onto the TS once the season starts)
Is it a better strategy to keep my 4 best rookies on the TS so I can be free to drop the 5th guy (Andy Isabella) if I need to make a pick up.
Or should I keep the player I’m most likely to start off the TS so I can have an excuse to hold the rest (Darrell Henderson, Noah Fant, or Justice Hill). My 5th rookie is Paris Campbell

Honestly my team is pretty stacked (flexing tyreek) so none of them should be started anytime soon and the first few guys I’d cut outside of rookies would be TreQuan Smith or Malcolm Brown
Team 1
10 team full PPR
Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Wr/Rb/Te

QB: Russell Wilson, Jameis Winston, Sam Darnold

RB: Todd Gurley, David Johnson, Tevin Coleman, Royce Freeman, Austin Ekler, Duke Johnson, Jaylen Samuels

WR: Odell, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, Allen Robinson, Corey Davis, Doug Baldwin, James Washington, TreQuan Smith, John Brown

TE: Travis Kelce, David Njoku, Dallas Goedert

Team 2 (inherited)
12 team 1/2 PPR
QB, Rb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Wr, Te, Wr/Te, Wr/Te/Rb, Qb/Wr/Te/Rb

QB: Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins, Teddy Bridewater

RB: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Rashaad Penny, Tevin Coleman, Jerrick McKinnon, Raheem Mostert, Adrian Peterson, Malcom Brown, John Kelly, Elijah McGuire, Bruce Anderson, Paul Perkins

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel, James Washington, Josh Gordon, Allen Hurns, LaQuon Treadwell

TE: George Kittle, Noah Fant, Jake Butt, Jimmy Graham, Adam Shaheen, Mo Ali Cox

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Taxi squad strategy

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:39 am

I'd pick one you want to start and put the rest on taxi. Drop Brown if you need to make a drop
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Taxi squad strategy

Postby Plank » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:04 am

I like to keep my best rookies on taxi, then when they really start contributing I try to sell high on existing roster to make room for them, collect future 1sts etc..
@PlankMelody