A Jones and Sutton for 2020 1st+

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Re: A Jones and Sutton for 2020 1st+

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:57 am

I'd rather keep Aaron Jones, and start those 4 RBs if I was you. I think he's primed to blow up this season (Barring health), and could be in the conversation for a first round redraft pick next season, which would mean he's worth at least a 2020 1st and then some.

Jones is one of the most efficient RBs in the league, if he gets the touches, he has a chance to springboard into becoming a top 5-8 RB. I think you're selling him short.

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:02 am

Aaron Jones has some serious upside in that offense, I'd keep those two assets and see if you cant make a push this year.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:08 am

Jcedwards wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:28 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:16 am keep what you have. you are win now as hell and a pick next year and a rookie wr dont benefit you as much as a great rb in a top offense and a 2nd year wr with little comp for targets, who also in theory go an upgrade at qb (depending who you ask i suppose).

this is something i have to hammer home on this forum often, WE PLAY TO WIN. we do not play to see who has the most value, who wins a trade long term, or to brag that we are a pretty good team each year. we play to win the title, the cash, and the glory.
I agree with most of what you are saying. I definitely have a win now team, so it is nice having those 2 on my team for depth. But they are also only depth right now, so I may not ever have to use them (Jones will probably see my starting lineup this year at some point). That 2020 1st could be early and I could draft a RB early next year that could be even better than Jones. I do get what your saying though.
if theres anything i have learned from my title winning teams its that depth is key, especially at rb. never assume your starting lineup is the same week 1 thru week 16. you dont want to crush the comp all season just to have 2 of your rbs hobbled week 13 and be caught without a plan because you tried to chase value before the season began. lets say that rb you take next year is better than jones, would he not still most likely be your rb4 and be depth? but at the cost of not having had that depth during your title run the prior season...
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:11 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:21 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:16 am keep what you have. you are win now as hell and a pick next year and a rookie wr dont benefit you as much as a great rb in a top offense and a 2nd year wr with little comp for targets, who also in theory go an upgrade at qb (depending who you ask i suppose).

this is something i have to hammer home on this forum often, WE PLAY TO WIN. we do not play to see who has the most value, who wins a trade long term, or to brag that we are a pretty good team each year. we play to win the title, the cash, and the glory.
I don't think trading his RB4 and WR7 are really going to hinder his chances of winning it all. Those guys will probably barely see his starting lineup. You always take value and then can trade for need again. I'd bet an early 2020 1st and AJ Brown will get him a better RB than Jones if you're worried about him losing that depth.
this is a fair point in that late season if needing to fill a hole an early 2020 1st will be a very appealing piece that cannot get injured or lose value between now and then.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:40 pm

Thanks everyone for the input so far. Anyone else think I should/ shouldn’t do the trade?
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:02 pm

I would do it. But I also would try to swap out to Campbell and Darwin.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:20 pm

He seems set on keeping Parris and Thompson. I like Brown’s talent, but just don’t like the Titans offense as a whole. Plus, I don’t know what to think about Barber. Don’t really like having to have him as my RB4 (even though he is the starter in TB). Trying to see if any other pieces can be substituted instead of Barber.

I should be a strong contender this year. I shouldn’t need to count on Jones too much with the 3 RBs in front of him and the WRs that I can plug in. However, if 1 or 2 of my RBs go down, I could be in trouble at RB without him. The likelihood that the 1st is early-mid is making it difficult to decide. I can draft Jones’ replacement with that pick next year, but I’m just worried about my depth this year if I trade him.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Jcedwards wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:20 pm He seems set on keeping Parris and Thompson. I like Brown’s talent, but just don’t like the Titans offense as a whole. Plus, I don’t know what to think about Barber. Don’t really like having to have him as my RB4 (even though he is the starter in TB). Trying to see if any other pieces can be substituted instead of Barber.

I should be a strong contender this year. I shouldn’t need to count on Jones too much with the 3 RBs in front of him and the WRs that I can plug in. However, if 1 or 2 of my RBs go down, I could be in trouble at RB without him. The likelihood that the 1st is early-mid is making it difficult to decide. I can draft Jones’ replacement with that pick next year, but I’m just worried about my depth this year if I trade him.
Finding a RB4 shouldn't be that difficult if one of your players gets hurts...especially when you gain valuable trade assets by making this move. I think you're overthinking it if your main concern is your RB4. If you don't like the value, that's a different issue, but you can always trade for need later if injuries occur. Teams are gonna fall out of contention at some point and look to move good players for young players or draft picks, both of which you'll have.

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:20 pm

I wouldn’t say that my main concern is my RB4. I don’t think the value is even on the trade. Although Barber is the starting RB in TB, I don’t think he is worth much. That backfield is a mess That’s one reason why I have been trying to get a better RB/ one with more upside in this trade, but he seems to want to keep some of his other RBs. Seems to me the only ones that he is willing to talk on/ might be willing to talk on is Barber, Rojo, Ballage, And Rodney Anderson. I don’t think any of them tip the scale for me. Maybe I’m just too high on Jones.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:19 am

Well I waited too long. I wasn’t sold on Barber, so I’ve been inquiring on other RBs coming back to me. Might would have went back and accepted the original offer, but he either got impatient or simply had a better offer come along. Oh well. Thanks for the input everyone.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:39 am

Jcedwards wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:08 am I know some people's takes are that I should already take the deal. But if I was to get Darwin Thompson included (instead of Barber) and/ or Parris Campbell (instead of AJ Brown), would it move it to a definite take?

Or am I getting too greedy?
I would not accept the deal as is. If you can get Campbell + Thompson + 2020 1st, that would be an instant accept.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:45 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:39 am
Jcedwards wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:08 am I know some people's takes are that I should already take the deal. But if I was to get Darwin Thompson included (instead of Barber) and/ or Parris Campbell (instead of AJ Brown), would it move it to a definite take?

Or am I getting too greedy?
I would not accept the deal as is. If you can get Campbell + Thompson + 2020 1st, that would be an instant accept.
Thanks. Even though Barber is the starter right now, I feel like he has no value whatsoever, so I was looking for a better piece coming back than Barber, because I didn't feel the value was fair for my 2 guys. He wouldn't trade Thompson or Campbell (which I would have done it no questions asked if he included those 2). Wouldn't even really consider adding anyone, so we couldn't come to terms. He ended up trading the 1st in another package.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker