Trade Penny for which picks?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

What is a good (yet fair) offer to sell Penny for:

Get 2019 1.02 for Penny
50%
Get 2020 1st (undetermined) for Penny
No votes
Get 2019 1.02 + 2.05 for Penny
No votes
Get 2019 1.05 + 1.08
No votes
Get 2019 1.02 + 2020 2nd
No votes
Get 2019 1.02 + 2020 1st for Penny + 2020 2nd
50%

Total votes: 10

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Trade Penny for which picks?

Postby Avery » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:42 am

Team 1 below is has become a dumpster fire of a mess rather quickly so looking to burn it down.

Trying to trade Damien Williams but can't find any takers at decent value so I may have to ride him but I have an owner with a bevy of picks asking about Rashaad Penny.

I think I'd take Sanders or Montgomery over penny so trading him straight up for the 1.02 seems like something I should do (if he will do it... and then try to trade down to 1.03 because I'm undecided on Sanders v. Montgomery) but is that asking for enough?

He's collecting offer so I don't want to over-ask (too much) but I want to maximize value.

I'm putting a couple of options in the poll but would love some feedback. Looking to find the sweet spot of a confluence of maximizing my return but not looking like I asking for the moon and the stars.

Thanks! :thumbup:
Last edited by Avery on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Trade Penny for which picks?

Postby dhanks91 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:47 am

If you could get 1.02+2020-1 for penny and a 2020-2 I’d be all over that. If he offers 1.05 & 1.08 I would try and throw in a 2nd rounder to land 1.10 aswell

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 am

I don't see how you get more than a single first for Penny.

If you can get the 1.02 I'd go for it, but I fear that Monty and even Sanders will be seen as being better than Penny, so don't know if you can actually get the 1.02.

That leaves the 2020 1st. I think this is reasonable, but ultimately if that's what you are going to get, is there any harm in holding off on the trade? You're probably off better holding onto him, and then trading him if Carson gets hurt, or someone else's RBs get injured and they need someone.

Also if he wants to offer for Penny, tell him to make an offer and you can then discuss it with him.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:04 am

abloom wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 am I don't see how you get more than a single first for Penny.

If you can get the 1.02 I'd go for it, but I fear that Monty and even Sanders will be seen as being better than Penny, so don't know if you can actually get the 1.02.

That leaves the 2020 1st. I think this is reasonable, but ultimately if that's what you are going to get, is there any harm in holding off on the trade? You're probably off better holding onto him, and then trading him if Carson gets hurt, or someone else's RBs get injured and they need someone.

Also if he wants to offer for Penny, tell him to make an offer and you can then discuss it with him.
All good points.

but a counterpoint to the "hold Penny" idea, is that it's a bet for either Carson to get hurt or Penny to take the job. If that doesn't happen, his value drops.

I'm think a lot of those offers above are asking too much. I'm thinking now about asking for 1.02 + 2020nd or 20201st and 2.05. I feel like those are asking a bit too much but not way too much. Keep in mind, he came asking for Penny so I think that means he likes/values Penny.

Out of those, which would you prefer?

Edit to add: I asked him for an offer, but he is "collecting" offers for his picks so I need to make to first move.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)

Nightmares
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Nightmares » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:10 am

Are you dealing with Penny's Mom? If not, these are all really bad.

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:15 am

Nightmares wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:10 am Are you dealing with Penny's Mom? If not, these are all really bad.
So you don't like Penny much. Heard. The guy asking for him does.

First round (fantasy and NFL) RB last year who has looked good in camp. I'm not saying that I would take these deals but I don't think a 1st in a weak draft class is an outlandish ask (again for someone who is asking for Penny) but I do appreciate your perspective and thanks for chiming in. :thumbup:

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:16 am

I actually acquired Penny this year as I think his value is suppressed right now. However, as a league that you only need to start 1 RB, Penny's value is even lower. The team that looking to acquire him isn't a contender IMO unless he makes some major moves this year with his picks. If he won't do 1.2, I would ask for his 2020 1st, it should be top 6, and you'll have better options than 1.5 this year. Your team isn't playing for this year anyway. Start with 2020 1st + 2019 2nd, settle for 2020 1st
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:23 am

DinoDynasty wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:16 am I actually acquired Penny this year as I think his value is suppressed right now. However, as a league that you only need to start 1 RB, Penny's value is even lower. The team that looking to acquire him isn't a contender IMO unless he makes some major moves this year with his picks. If he won't do 1.2, I would ask for his 2020 1st, it should be top 6, and you'll have better options than 1.5 this year. Your team isn't playing for this year anyway. Start with 2020 1st + 2019 2nd, settle for 2020 1st
That's what I'm thinking however... due to contact cap limits, he may not be able to sign all his picks so he may be needing to unload some. Would you rather:

2020 1st (unknown) + 2.05 or 2019 1.02 + 2020nd (unknown)?

Was thinking about offering both to give him options...

Edit to add: I entirely forgot that we are adding 1 or 2 starting positions and one will likely be a RB if that changes things...

Nightmares
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Nightmares » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:31 am

The talk in camp is that Carson is going to get 2/3 the load. In Bears camp they are saying Monty looks great and will carry the load and get some work in the passing game. Can't see anyone dealing the 1.2 for Penny. If you can get it done, nice job.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 am

If there ends up being an option to move Penny for the 1.02, I would jump on that and take Montgomery. I really like Penny's upside but I'm not sure he is in the best system for his skill set and Carson is a good RB.

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:12 pm

And he can "collect offers", but you're the Penny owner. I'd give him a list of the assets you appreciate and let him make the first move. He came to you. Otherwise, I agree Penny's value is more likely to go up than depreciate, so I'd hold.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Avery wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:42 am I think I'd take Sanders or Montgomery over penny so trading him straight up for the 1.02 seems like something I should do (if he will do it...
I'd try Penny for the 1.02, but I highly doubt that'll get accepted.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Postby chubnubbin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:14 pm

I recently traded away Penny for a 2020 first in a league. I think that is a fair offer - but it would leave you pretty thin at RB this season.