Traded up to the Extreme

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Traded up to the Extreme

Postby makemeasandwich » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:04 pm

Start 11: QB1, RB1, WR1, TE1, 6FLEX, 1SF

QB: Jackson, Rivers
RB: Bell, DJ
WR: MT, Adams, KA, Boyd, Landry
TE: Kelce

Scoring:
WR- 1ppr
RB- .5ppr
TE- 1.5ppr

Just finished a startup and I've got no rookie picks for 2 years and only last round startup picks. Which of these assets would you look to sell in a 1 for 2 trade, or how would you go about gathering some depth?

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Traded up to the Extreme

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:44 am

I would move both Johnson and Bell for younger solid RB's+ but would wait for the season to get rolling to maximize value. Or simply hold and make a title run this year if no smart deals can be found.

Peepyopee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Peepyopee » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:46 am

Confusing part is you say its a start up but clearly you had to dump future picks to get the guys you currently have.. which looks like a real contender. Now you're trying to flip them for future picks which you had already traded? If you are really looking to move one of them I would compare what you gave up and ask for a shade more after the season starts and you can find someone desperate for a championship.
League Started in 2018
12 Team, .5 PPR, 25 roster: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE(1.5 PPR), 1 FLEX (WR/RB)
QB: Deshaun Watson, Matt Stafford, Teddy Bridgewater
RB:Austin Ekeler, Kareem Hunt, Cam Akers, Jamaal Williams, Melvin Gordon, Joshua Kelley, DeeJay Dallas, Salvon Ahmed, Trayveon Williams, Xavier Jones, Darrell Williams
WR: Tyreek Hill, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, Chase Claypool, Michael Gallup, Brashad Perriman, Byron Pringle, Auden Tate, Amari Rogers, Dyami Brown, Anthony Schwartz
TE: Jonnu Smith, Chris Herndon, Dawson Knox, Harrison Bryant, Pat Freiermuth, Jacob Hollister

Picks:
2022: 1st x2, 2nd
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:59 am

I don't understand going all in, and then trying to go back out. I would try to win this year with that roster, and then sell some of the older pieces for a quick re-tool. You might be able to swap Bell/DJ types mid year as mentioned, but I would want the same production coming back in the immediate future if I sold either of them. I would just assume you aren't going to be able to get much action in the 20' draft class but you should be fine for 2 years with that core. Stay active on the wire and utilize your late picks wisely.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:57 am

ok so reading comprehension is not strong here. the gentleman wants to know who he should trade in a 1 for 2 trade to try to build depth. not how to get future picks back.

my suggestion is moving adams for 2 other studs as hes seen as the wr1 to wr4 at worst. trade him for Julio and marlon mack if thats a combo that exists lol idk what other teams have but basically you know what to do, take a step down in age but not production and pick up depth.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

Postby makemeasandwich » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:57 am ok so reading comprehension is not strong here. the gentleman wants to know who he should trade in a 1 for 2 trade to try to build depth. not how to get future picks back.

my suggestion is moving adams for 2 other studs as hes seen as the wr1 to wr4 at worst. trade him for Julio and marlon mack if thats a combo that exists lol idk what other teams have but basically you know what to do, take a step down in age but not production and pick up depth.
It's a 96 team 8 copy league, so it's likely that combination actually exists lol. You wouldn't be looking to trade MT > Adams due to Brees being near the end?