DJ for Sony+ Offer

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
TroyH
Role Player
Role Player

DJ for Sony+ Offer

Postby TroyH » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:55 am

The below trade is on the table for my team in sig:

Current Offer:
Send: DJ
Receive: Sony and a 2020 1st

This team earned the 1.01 this year but has a solid core so I would say it is a mid 2020 1st. A few of his best pieces include 1.01, Jimmy G, Chubb, Sony, Mack, Julio, and Njoku.

I am a contender so I am having a hard time moving DJ. I am thinking of countering with the below:

Counter:
Send: DJ
Receive: Sony and 1.01 (Jacobs)

Should I take the original offer? Keep what I have? Or what do I need to add (if any) to on the counter offer? Thanks in advance for any responses.

EDIT - His Team:

QB: Jimmy G, Big Ben, Brees
RB: Chubb, Sony, Mack, Howard, McKinnon, AP
WR: Julio, Shepard, M. Jones, R. Cobb, T. Gabriel
TE: Njoku, J Cook
Last edited by TroyH on Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
10-Team League, Non-PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, WR/RB/TE)
QB: Love, Watson, Cousins
RB: JT, Kyren, BRob, Roschon, Miles
WR: AJB, Wilson, Waddle, Puka, Higgins, Hopkins, Jeudy, Jameson Williams
TE: Okonkwo, Thomas
2024: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: DJ for Sony+ Offer

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:06 am

I'm probably in the minority but I think Michel and Johnson put up similar overall point totals. I think Johnson's best days are behind him and I would take the deal. Michel has more TD upside in my opinion.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:20 am

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:06 am I'm probably in the minority but I think Michel and Johnson put up similar overall point totals. I think Johnson's best days are behind him and I would take the deal. Michel has more TD upside in my opinion.
this cant be serious
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:21 am

list the other dudes whole team not just his best pieces. i like 1.01 and 2020 first for dj a lot better than sony and 2020 first but i have major concerns over sony long term and the selection of harris.
team 1
Dak , Herbert
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks

team 2
12 team .5ppr
Fields, Dak
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:23 am

I don't trust Sony's knee long term and I don't really like investing in a New England back field. It isn't that appealing to me especially if you are contending. I would prefer Jacobs and the 2020 1st if you are really trying to make a move.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

TroyH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TroyH » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:29 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:21 am list the other dudes whole team not just his best pieces. i like 1.01 and 2020 first for dj a lot better than sony and 2020 first but i have major concerns over sony long term and the selection of harris.
I added the rest of his team to my post. I like Sony this year but have long term concerns. For my team set up is the 1.01 and 2020 1st a good choice considering my lineup?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:34 am

I'd keep DJ since you're competing.

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:37 am

TroyH wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:29 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:21 am list the other dudes whole team not just his best pieces. i like 1.01 and 2020 first for dj a lot better than sony and 2020 first but i have major concerns over sony long term and the selection of harris.
I added the rest of his team to my post. I like Sony this year but have long term concerns. For my team set up is the 1.01 and 2020 1st a good choice considering my lineup?
You think Sony is a better player this year over DJ? If you are worried about Sony long term and you don't think he out produces DJ this year, where is the upside in this deal for you.

I like DJ this year, but can understand wanting to move him before he loses value but you don't sound sold on Sony.

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

TroyH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TroyH » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:43 am

Flgatorguy87 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:37 am
You think Sony is a better player this year over DJ? If you are worried about Sony long term and you don't think he out produces DJ this year, where is the upside in this deal for you.

I like DJ this year, but can understand wanting to move him before he loses value but you don't sound sold on Sony.
No I never said Sony will outproduce DJ. I just think Sony will give me enough production (RB2 or better) so I can still compete this year. I am mainly looking to move DJ while I can before his value drops, as I don't think he will ever be what he was 2 years ago. And I liked the idea of having 5 2020 1sts in a 10 team league.

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:11 am

TroyH wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:43 am

No I never said Sony will outproduce DJ. I just think Sony will give me enough production (RB2 or better) so I can still compete this year. I am mainly looking to move DJ while I can before his value drops, as I don't think he will ever be what he was 2 years ago. And I liked the idea of having 5 2020 1sts in a 10 team league.
That was more me trying to make you think about what you are getting if you don't like Sony long term and you think he's also a step down this year...then why is he an option. Sounds like you have eliminated Sony already...just reading between the lines from the outside.

I like 1.01 and 2020 1st if you are moving DJ.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:23 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:20 am
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:06 am I'm probably in the minority but I think Michel and Johnson put up similar overall point totals. I think Johnson's best days are behind him and I would take the deal. Michel has more TD upside in my opinion.
this cant be serious
David Johnson is 27 years old and has had 1 good season (an excellent one). I would rather move him while his value is still high vs hold him one year to long. Is one of the 1st round rookies and Michel better heading into 2020 or David Johnson? I guess time will tell but I don't think this is a bad deal is all I'm saying.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:50 am

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:23 am
this cant be serious
David Johnson is 27 years old and has had 1 good season (an excellent one). I would rather move him while his value is still high vs hold him one year to long. Is one of the 1st round rookies and Michel better heading into 2020 or David Johnson? I guess time will tell but I don't think this is a bad deal is all I'm saying.
the part i bolded was the part i was talking about. michel has double digit TD upside, DJ has 20+ TD upside. that was my beef with your comment. if you believe michel has more TD upside that doesnt affect me and you are entitled to your opinion but it is a curious position. thats all
team 1
Dak , Herbert
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks

team 2
12 team .5ppr
Fields, Dak
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:55 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:50 am
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:23 am

this cant be serious
the part i bolded was the part i was talking about. michel has double digit TD upside, DJ has 20+ TD upside. that was my beef with your comment. if you believe michel has more TD upside that doesnt affect me and you are entitled to your opinion but it is a curious position. thats all
My biggest worry about Johnson is age and the team adding more potential weapons then they have had in the past, which could eat into his TD's. Johnson does have a much higher receiving floor then Michel no question which could lead to more TD's. I'm intrigued to see how Johnson does this year with all the posts on him.

TroyH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TroyH » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:51 pm

Flgatorguy87 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:11 am
TroyH wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:43 am

That was more me trying to make you think about what you are getting if you don't like Sony long term and you think he's also a step down this year...then why is he an option. Sounds like you have eliminated Sony already...just reading between the lines from the outside.

I like 1.01 and 2020 1st if you are moving DJ.
Good point. After reading all the comments, I think I'm going to go with a counter of 1.01 and a 2020 1st for DJ. I would take Jacobs over Sony this year anyways just due to the workload Jacobs could see and he doesn't have the lingering knee issue.

Thanks for the help on this one.

Howardzac88
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Howardzac88 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:30 pm

I think Sony could outproduce DJ. Also think it's silly if people don't feel he could.
10 team .2 PPR, .2 return yards. 28 player rosters, 16 offensive keepers on cutdown day.

QB- Rodgers, Lamar J, Josh allen

RB- Sony Michel, Kerryon J, Royce Freeman, Kalen Ballage, CJ Anderson, Justin Jackson, Damien Harris, Alex Mattison, Qadree Ollison,

WR- Davante Adams, Tyreek H, Josh Gordon, Alshon Jeffrey, Curtis Samuel, K Stills, John Brown, Demaryius Thomas

TE- Eric Ebron, Chris Herndon, Dallas Goedert, Matt Lacosse, Will Dissly, Darren Waller

K-greg the leg