Harry or Montgomery at 1.04

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Mr. Reid
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Harry or Montgomery at 1.04

Postby Mr. Reid » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:32 pm

SteveMaddenShoes...............

This is the exact thought process I had on the situation. While I believe Monty will be solid in Chicago's offense, there's a possibility he's a bust and or has 3-4 solid years and dies off from there. With the recent surge towards high end RBs productivity and their point differential over other RB's, the shift seems to be going back to searching for the next stud RB. If Harry shows flashes and produces as some would expect, you get good WR production from him for 6-7 years instead of the possible 3-4 years from a rb.

If we look at the WR class next year, you could argue Harry would be in the top 3-4 range if you blend the 2019 & 2020 classes together (Lamb, Judy, Shenault, Harry..........not necessarily in that order). If you look at the RB class next year, you could argue that Monty wouldn't be in the top 6, if we blend the classes (Etienne, Swift, Taylor, Akers, Jacobs, Dobbins). Considering I'm in rebuild mode, it seems like it makes more sense to draft Harry with the idea of getting a top tier RB next year.

I don't think this topic is a clear cut as some make it seem to be. While I like Monty's potential, his lack of athleticism is a little worrisome.
14 Team SF (12 keepers)
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 SF 1Flex K Def

QB - Tua, Purdy
RB - Kamara, Montgomery, Gibson
WR - Chase, Lamb, Boyd
TE - Pitts

24 Picks - 2.13
25 Picks - (4) 1st rounders, (2) 2nd rounders, (2) 3rd rounders

mrmagloo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Harry or Montgomery at 1.04

Postby mrmagloo » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Draft Monty, hope for a great start and trade for future value. Harry may be great some day, or he can be a middling guy.
Rollin with Mahomes
10 team, standard dynasty league, roster 22, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K First Year 2018 runner up
QB- Mahomes, Winston
RB- Drake, Carson, Thompson, Chubb, R Jones, Darrel Williams, Penny, Samuels
WR- Julio, Mike Williams, JUJU, Golladay, DJ Moore, McLaurin, D Johnson
TE- OJ, Hooper
IR- Butler, Guice
TS- D Henderson, J Hill
2020- 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th, 5th.