Weird way to get MT

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jab3120
Role Player
Role Player

Weird way to get MT

Postby jab3120 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:59 am

So in my league, there's an owner who wants Julio from me and has offered Conner straight across for Julio. Well there's another owner who wants Conner and has MT. He said he'd trade me MT for Conner and Ridley if I did the first deal. Question is, is it worth it to lose Julio and Ridley for MT? Thanks for all advice
10 Team Non-PPR league. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1 DEF (Return Yds *25 yds per 1pt & Ret TD's only count for the player)

QB: J.Allen, T.Tagovailoa
RB: J.Taylor, T.Etienne, N.Harris, J.Conner, Z.Charbonnet, K.Miller, D.Johnson, D.Vaugn
WR: C.Kupp, J.Waddle, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, J.Reed, Z.Flowers, Jameson, J.Dotson
TE: S.LaPorta, D.Kincaid, T.Kraft
K: J. Tucker
DEF: BAL,

IR: J.K. Dobbins
IR: E.Hull
IR: K.Mitchell
IR: R.Stevenson

2024 1st
2024 1st

2020 League CHAMPION!!
2023 League CHAMPION!!

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Weird way to get MT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:08 am

Long term, building around Evans, Adams and Thomas make more sense then holding Jones. It hurts to lose Ridley, but you have the depth to do it.

jab3120
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jab3120 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:11 am

So that's a yes you'd do it. My concern is losing Ridley really, but I could see it in the long run being worth it. That's why I ask
10 Team Non-PPR league. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1 DEF (Return Yds *25 yds per 1pt & Ret TD's only count for the player)

RB: J.Taylor, T.Etienne, N.Harris, J.Conner, Z.Charbonnet, K.Miller, D.Johnson, D.Vaugn
WR: C.Kupp, J.Waddle, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, J.Reed, Z.Flowers, Jameson, J.Dotson

2024 1st
2024 1st

2020 League CHAMPION!!
2023 League CHAMPION!!

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:22 am

Yes!
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:30 am

jab3120 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:11 am So that's a yes you'd do it. My concern is losing Ridley really, but I could see it in the long run being worth it. That's why I ask
Yes, I would make the deal.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:31 am

I'd make those trades and get MT.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:33 am

I dont really like it for your team even though in general id prefer mt to julio and ridley. you have extreme rb depth and not very much depth at all at wr. you are win now as a team can get and julio has something like 7 straight 1400 yard seasons. you also know if he were to get injured that ridley would see a big boost in targets and you own him so thats perfect.

id look to move guice and ridley for another stud wr and go full speed ahead for a title. AB, AJG, Thielen are dudes you should be able to buy low or lowish on (comparable to their values over the last year or 2) especially if any of those dudes are on a team that is not win now
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:47 am

i think a lot of people are buying mt at his ceiling, it's not like his floor is outside the top 15 or so, so whatever but i don't really see a path for him to repeat what he did last year either
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

jab3120
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jab3120 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:03 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:33 am I dont really like it for your team even though in general id prefer mt to julio and ridley. you have extreme rb depth and not very much depth at all at wr. you are win now as a team can get and julio has something like 7 straight 1400 yard seasons. you also know if he were to get injured that ridley would see a big boost in targets and you own him so thats perfect.

id look to move guice and ridley for another stud wr and go full speed ahead for a title. AB, AJG, Thielen are dudes you should be able to buy low or lowish on (comparable to their values over the last year or 2) especially if any of those dudes are on a team that is not win now
So with what you said you made it sound like it was a good thing to have Julio and Ridley, then tell me to trade Ridley and Guice. As tempting as that is in Non-ppr I'd want to keep Guice. Think if I can get this to work I'll move for MT, thanks for input though

2024 1st
2024 1st

2020 League CHAMPION!!
2023 League CHAMPION!!

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:03 am

jab3120 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:03 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:33 am I dont really like it for your team even though in general id prefer mt to julio and ridley. you have extreme rb depth and not very much depth at all at wr. you are win now as a team can get and julio has something like 7 straight 1400 yard seasons. you also know if he were to get injured that ridley would see a big boost in targets and you own him so thats perfect.

So with what you said you made it sound like it was a good thing to have Julio and Ridley, then tell me to trade Ridley and Guice. As tempting as that is in Non-ppr I'd want to keep Guice. Think if I can get this to work I'll move for MT, thanks for input though
having ridley while owning julio is nice but turning two lesser pieces for a stud is always great. just saying you are win now and the goal is to win this season not to get younger at wr so my idea is to trade two younger guys one with a giant question mark looming over his head and add a stud rather than stud swapping in an age oriented move that hurts your depth at a position lacking depth.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

jp4703
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jp4703 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:16 am

I personally wouldn't want to trade Julio and Ridley for MT.

MT is great, and I think he continues to produce the way he does but you also said this is a non-ppr league. Most of MT's points come from PPR, Julio on the other hand eats up yardage like its his job. In this format Julio might very well do better than MT next year.

Now moving forward we don't know how long Brees will play. Once Brees leaves we don't know if MT will remain the same player. The volume will be there, but not every QB is Brees so will the efficiency be there? Atlanta wants to lock in Julio with another extension and Matt Ryan isn't going anywhere. I give Julio 2-3 more years of stud production, and after that who knows Ridley might be the next go to guy.

Like someone else mentioned MT is amazing, but this might be his ceiling. If I really want MT for the future I'd hold till after this season to try and get him. His value will be a lot lower once Brees retires(this doesn't mean it won't go back up, this just means that's when ppl should buy).
16 team - 42rosters - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1PK, 3DE/DL, 2DB, 2LB, 1DFLEX
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford.
RB: L. Bell, D. Cook, J. Conner, M. Sanders, A. Blue, J. Ajayi, A. Barnes.
WR: M. Thomas, A.J. Green, J. Jones, C. Godwin, Z. Jones, J. Reynolds, K. Kirkwood, J. Moore, J. Hurd, T. Benjamin.
TE: Z. Ertz, J. Smith, M. Andrews, D. Waller, J. Sternberger.
K: M. Badgley.
DB: L. Collins, J. Johnson, J. Tart, C. Geathers, M. Blair.
DL: C. Dunlap, D. Barnett, J. Casey, B. Graham, G. McCoy, J. Allen.
LB: T. Whitehead, J. Hicks, J. Collins, J. Brown, K. White, G. Avery, C. Barton, B. Cashman, J. Ryan, J. Tavai, Q. Williams.
Picks:
2020: 2, 4, 4, 5
2021: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

jab3120
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jab3120 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:57 am

Hmm, ok thanks for the input guys. Good discussion for sure, didn't know MT gets most of his points from PPR where Julio is yds.

2024 1st
2024 1st

2020 League CHAMPION!!
2023 League CHAMPION!!

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:03 pm

I am biased - I own, and love MT... but my argument:

In my eyes you are giving up Ridley to get 4 years younger - so that is the question.

Looking at the stats over the past 3 years (average) below, Julio would be getting around 185 points per season while MT has 172. For the 4 additional years of production, less injury history (the foot) I like MT between the 2. Maybe try to get a pick outta both sides, maybe squeeze a 2nd out of it

MT
Target: 139
Rec: 107
Yards: 1262.3
TD: 7.67
Catch %: 77%
Yards/Target: 9.10
Yards/Catch: 11.86
TD Share of Passing TDs: 25%

Julio
Target: 149
Rec: 94.67
Yards: 1510.0
TD: 5.67
Catch %: 63.4%
Yards/Target: 10.18
Yards/Catch: 16.08
TD Share of Passing TDs: 18%

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:48 pm

Do it. That'd be a great thing to happen
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:57 pm

I don't like it so first you have to take an L trading Julio for Connor so then that makes the 2nd trade basically Julio and Ridley for Thomas and I don't think the difference between the 2 is Ridley that's to much Julio still can have another great 3 seasons.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.