(POLL) Hunt VS Henderson

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Hunt or Henderson (Team in sig)

Kareem Hunt
62%
Darrell Henderson
38%

Total votes: 26

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

(POLL) Hunt VS Henderson

Postby gogobradyarm » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:30 am

For team in sig. I currently have Darrell Henderson, and have received interest from the Hunt owner. I think its a pretty fair trade on paper, and like both players from a talent perspective. I won't lie, I do think Hunt is a risk to himself (career) off the field. Given I have chubb though, does this make sense?
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Re: (POLL) Hunt VS Henderson

Postby Ravenous » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:45 am

Your team looks stacked at rb. I think you can afford to swing for the elite upside of hunt. Even if it fails you are still in a good spot. The only way I wouldn't is if you truly think Henderson is a stud.
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:03 am

Ravenous wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:45 am Your team looks stacked at rb. I think you can afford to swing for the elite upside of hunt. Even if it fails you are still in a good spot. The only way I wouldn't is if you truly think Henderson is a stud.
I think Henderson will be a stud in that system, but I cannot predict how Gurley's knee will be.
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman

Year 9 of my league

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:05 am

I would gamble on Hunt and hope he lands in a good spot in 2020.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:07 am

I did it. Acquired Hunt and traded Henderson.

Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:34 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:06 am It's a decent trade on paper, but one yiunmay end up regretting.
Agree. I got Henderson with 2.04, so it won't cost me too much in the long run.

Year 9 of my league

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:02 pm

someone someday is really going to have to help me understand the fascination with kareem hunt.

for example, he has a nearly identical athletic profile to david montgomery who the dynasty community is almost universally "meh" on, is 2 years older and locked into a backup role for at least this season. where do people see this going, exactly?

I mean, sure, he had some great production for KC but so did Spencer Ware and Damien Williams and nearly every single RB that has started in that system over the last 20 years.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

psfox2010
Captain
Captain

Postby psfox2010 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:50 pm

I'd prefer Henderson. Hunt was the product of the KC offense. Plus he comes with to many off field concerns.
10 team, Full PPR, 27 man roster
2018 Champion, 2020 Champion
QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex/Defense/Kicker

QB: Allen, Watson, Fields
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Harris Chubb
WR: Ridley, Cooper, Thielen, M. Thomas, D. Smith, Boyd E. Moore, R. Moore, Reagor, St. Brown
TE: Kelce, Fant, Engram
Defense: Denver
Kicker: Gay

2022: None
2023: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:53 pm

FuzzySignificance wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:02 pm someone someday is really going to have to help me understand the fascination with kareem hunt.

for example, he has a nearly identical athletic profile to david montgomery who the dynasty community is almost universally "meh" on, is 2 years older and locked into a backup role for at least this season. where do people see this going, exactly?

I mean, sure, he had some great production for KC but so did Spencer Ware and Damien Williams and nearly every single RB that has started in that system over the last 20 years.
Kareem Hunt led the league in rushing in 2017. Are you really going to comp him to a guy that hasn't played an NFL snap, just because of an athletic profile? It seems like lazy analysis.

As far as the backup role, he is in a backup role because of off-field concerns. Players with his level of talent, do not remain backups. if you think he is going to stay a backup, then we'll have to agree to disagree. He'll likely end up on a new team in 2020 and resume play as a top 5-10 RB.

Hunt had the 2nd best season in any Andy Reid offense, but go ahead and throw out nebulous stats. According to your analysis, LeSean McCoy should have been fodder as well.

Hopefully this more in depth analysis helps you understand.

Year 9 of my league

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:25 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:53 pm
FuzzySignificance wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:02 pm someone someday is really going to have to help me understand the fascination with kareem hunt.

Kareem Hunt led the league in rushing in 2017. Are you really going to comp him to a guy that hasn't played an NFL snap, just because of an athletic profile? It seems like lazy analysis.

As far as the backup role, he is in a backup role because of off-field concerns. Players with his level of talent, do not remain backups. if you think he is going to stay a backup, then we'll have to agree to disagree. He'll likely end up on a new team in 2020 and resume play as a top 5-10 RB.

Hunt had the 2nd best season in any Andy Reid offense, but go ahead and throw out nebulous stats. According to your analysis, LeSean McCoy should have been fodder as well
Hopefully this more in depth analysis helps you understand.
this isn't in depth analysis, my dude. this is just using cliches, making unproven assertions and propping up logical fallacies to arrive at the conclusion that you decided upon before responding.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

tommymct
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tommymct » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:07 am

I think this is Henderson in a landslide.
Team 1: 2019 Rebuild | 12-Team SF / TE Premium
QB: Dak, Wentz,
RB: Akers, Dillon, Rojo, Damien Harris
WR: AJ Brown, Lamb, Ridley, Shenault, Campbell
TE: Pitts, Logan, OJ Howard, Hooper, MAC