What do you think about this trade?? Tyreek

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

What do you think about this trade?? Tyreek

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 am

This just happened in my league and wanted to see if I’m crazy.. being the only one not ok with it lol..
Granted this happened yesterday before we found out he will not be suspended...

Tyreek Hill for Damien Williams, Hunter Henry
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, D Pierce, Monty, Herbert, McLaughlin
WR: Deebo, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, Jeudy, E Moore, Michael Wilson, Tutu
TE: Kinkaid, Schultz, Njoku

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: What do you think about this trade?? Tyreek

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:19 am

OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 am This just happened in my league and wanted to see if I’m crazy.. being the only one not ok with it lol..

What's the issue? It clearly isn't collusion. The fact it happened yesterday further validates it.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:21 am

Def fine with it especially since was done yesterday. And even with the news today there will still be some people sell lower just to divest.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:24 am

As it happened yesterday, yeah, that was about his going rate. Maybe even better. I'm sure there's people who, expecting a year long suspension or worse, wouldn't have moved Hunter Henry straight up for him until the announcement that only happened today.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:42 am

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:19 am
OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 am This just happened in my league and wanted to see if I’m crazy.. being the only one not ok with it lol..

What's the issue? It clearly isn't collusion. The fact it happened yesterday further validates it.
Anytime someone mentions Damien Williams here, all they talk about is how “he’s not worth anything and going to be replaced”, any time someone mentions Tyreek (recently) “a lot of hate” for obvious reasons..
I guess to me, in reality even if he was suspended for 4 or 6 games he would have came back a top 5 Wr.. some people even had him equal or close to Juju or OBJ last season. No way anyone would take that deal for any of those guys.. even if they were going to be suspended for 8 games..

I guess I’m looking at the common sense side
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, D Pierce, Monty, Herbert, McLaughlin
WR: Deebo, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, Jeudy, E Moore, Michael Wilson, Tutu
TE: Kinkaid, Schultz, Njoku

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:49 am

Great deal to make yesterday for whoever got Hill. Very nice price for a top 5 dynasty wr asset.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 am

OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:42 am

I guess to me, in reality even if he was suspended for 4 or 6 games he would have came back a top 5 Wr..
I agree with you, but not all owners value players the same way. Seems like a pretty fair deal since there was still uncertainty regarding Hill's 2019 availability yesterday. I've seen Hill sold for a lot less.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:39 am

Anytime someone mentions Damien Williams here, all they talk about is how “he’s not worth anything and going to be replaced”, any time someone mentions Tyreek (recently) “a lot of hate” for obvious reasons..
I guess to me, in reality even if he was suspended for 4 or 6 games he would have came back a top 5 Wr.. some people even had him equal or close to Juju or OBJ last season. No way anyone would take that deal for any of those guys.. even if they were going to be suspended for 8 games..

i wouldn't put too much weight into what people say in this forum about player "x". the consensus in this forum is often wildly different from that of *people in all of my leagues*, sometimes I agree with the forum, sometimes the broader community. the trade, on it's face, seems fine. i've seen him go for much less and haul in much more in a variety of leagues.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:49 am

That is certainly one way of looking at it. The other is that there was still uncertainty and a level of risk with Tyreek and uncertainty of where he will be in the future (i.e. resign with KC, another less appealing landing spot, etc.). Meanwhile, Hunter Henry is touted as a young TE6-TE8 and Damien Williams could be a league winner in 2019. Could upgrade two spots and avoid an 8 game suspension.

I'm not saying i would move Tyreek for that package, I'm just saying that different folks view things differently. There are a lot worse Tyreek deals that have occurred, and I certainly wouldn't have any level of discontent if that is the deal that went down. You will see a lot worse, if you haven't already.