2.07 for Curtis Samuel

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

2.07 for Curtis Samuel

Postby Jetsfan06 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Would you trade a 2019 2.07 rookie pick for Curtis Samuel? Trying to gauge his value. Thanks!

QB's - Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy, Mac Jones
RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.
TE's - George Kittle, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Juwan Johnson
Taxi: Demario Douglas, Cedric Tillman, David Bell.

kilgorextrout
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 2.07 for Curtis Samuel

Postby kilgorextrout » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:01 pm

I doubt the 2.7 gets it done. The hype has built too much. I’ve seen owners asking for late firsts. Take it and run if the owner agrees.
12 team Standard
Russell Wilson
King Henry,Chubb, Antonio Gibson, David Johnson, Mike Davis, A McFarland, J Samuels, Ito Smith, Brian Hill
Godwin, K Allen, OBJ, Tyler Boyd, Tre'Quan Smith, M Boykin, D Duvernay,
Travis Kelce, T.J. Hockenson, OJ Howard
(QB/3WR/2RB/TE/FLEX)

12 team 1 point PPR
Justin Herbert, Matt Ryan, Derek Carr
JT, Chubb, Mixon, Chase Edmonds, Sony Michel, Ito Smith, Brian Hill, Gio Bernard
Nuk, Ridley, Boyd, OBJ, Claypool, Agholor, Zay Jones, A Tate, James Washington, John Brown, Preston Williams
Hockenson, OJ Howard
(QB/2WR/2RB/TE/2FLEX)

12 team 1 point PPR, SF, IDP
https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/ ... =0011&O=01
(QB/3WR/2RB/TE/2FLEX/SF/2DT/2LB/2CB/2FLEX/K)

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:13 pm

I'd do it
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Is this for team in signature? 12 team league?

If you are buying, depending on who you'd have to drop I'd pay that.

If you are selling, that seems a little light by a few picks. (Trade analyzer has the value somewhere between 2.03 and 2.04)

But if it allows you to keep someone else of similar value while getting an extra pick, then not horrible.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Sounds like there's a lot of recent hype around Samuel, so doubt that would get it done. If it's on the table, I'd take it...but wouldn't do it if it was much more than that.

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Sorry should of clarified I would trade the 2.07 and get Samuel. It was offered to me. Probably going to accept.

RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:20 pm

Paul717 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:14 pm Is this for team in signature? 12 team league?

If you are buying, depending on who you'd have to drop I'd pay that.

If you are selling, that seems a little light by a few picks. (Trade analyzer has the value somewhere between 2.03 and 2.04)

But if it allows you to keep someone else of similar value while getting an extra pick, then not horrible.
Yep that’s my team,12 teamer. I would be getting Samuel while trading the pick.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:21 pm

Jetsfan06 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:19 pm Sorry should of clarified I would trade the 2.07 and get Samuel. It was offered to me. Probably going to accept.
I like. But who will you have to drop? That is the hidden cost in these things.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason

Picks:

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:28 pm

Paul717 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:21 pm
Jetsfan06 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:19 pm Sorry should of clarified I would trade the 2.07 and get Samuel. It was offered to me. Probably going to accept.
Shouldn’t be any different than before. Instead of drafting 4 players ( 4 rounds) I will now have Curtis Samuel and 3 players from the draft. I was going to keep whatever player I drafted with my 2nd round pick anyways so now I’ll just keep Samuel instead of the guy at that pick.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:31 pm

Jetsfan06 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:28 pm
Shouldn’t be any different than before. Instead of drafting 4 players ( 4 rounds) I will now have Curtis Samuel and 3 players from the draft. I was going to keep whatever player I drafted with my 2nd round pick anyways so now I’ll just keep Samuel instead of the guy at that pick.
Ok, gotcha. So no need to drop any of the players in your signature. There aren't a lot of guys I'd want to drop from that team. In a vacuum like that, where you don't need to "cut down" before the draft, this is a great trade for you. Nicely done.

Picks:

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:23 pm

Paul717 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:31 pm
Jetsfan06 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:28 pm
Ok, gotcha. So no need to drop any of the players in your signature. There aren't a lot of guys I'd want to drop from that team. In a vacuum like that, where you don't need to "cut down" before the draft, this is a great trade for you. Nicely done.

Correct. After the draft I will need to cut down to 25 again, but this trade doesn’t effect that. I’ll either trade my 3rd/4ths or try and trade some of the lesser players for future picks.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:33 pm

I would trade the 2.07 for Curtis Samuel easily.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Easily make that deal. Nice price for Samuel.

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:11 pm

i think he's probably pretty safe dropping the second defense paul. good point though.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

BearlyBears
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BearlyBears » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:22 am

I'd trade a 2.07 in this year's draft for him in a second - I offered a 2020 2nd for him in a league and was rejected.