Where are we at with Gurley? (Updated Offer)**

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Where are we at with Gurley? (Updated Offer)**

Postby eraldo_coil » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:59 pm

Obviously he's been a hot topic this offseason with the looming knee injury and addition of Henderson, and i've been very much in the camp of "fade Gurley" the whole time. Well, I was able to snag Henderson in the draft, and shortly after received the following offer from the Gurley owner:

I give: Guice & Lindsay

I get: Gurley

Guice has concerns of his own, but I feel like acquiring Gurley while having Henderson as a handcuff might be a good move in case the rumblings about Gurley's knee are overblown.

Thoughts on this one?
Last edited by eraldo_coil on Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Team 1
12-team, 0.5 PPR, SuperFlex, TE Premium (+0.5 PPR) | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1SF

QB: Hurts, Herbert, Cousins, Purdy
RB: Taylor, Barkley, Swift, Mixon, N.Harris, Hunt, Dobbins
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Metcalf, Godwin, Ridley, Lockett, Cooks
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Gesicki

Team 2
12-team, PPR | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX

QB: Wilson, Jones
RB: Robinson, Gibbs, Mixon, Sanders, R. White
WR: Lamb, Godwin, Lockett, Addison, D. Johnson, Meyers, Campbell, R. Moore
TE: Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant

throwaway1604
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Where are we at with Gurley?

Postby throwaway1604 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:24 pm

This has gotten to the point where it’s kinda ridiculous. Take that and run. I’d accept that even without owning Henderson
All teams settings:
NON-Superflex, Full PPR, Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX

10 Team
QB: Rodgers, Tannehil, Lance
RB: Cook, Chubb, Taylor, Hunt, Drake, Davis, Mattison, Penny
WR: MT, Nuk, Evans, Hill, Sutton, D. Smith, OBJ, E Moore, Renfrow
TE: Kittle, Schultz, Higbee, Njoku
22: 3rd, 4th
23: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
24: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 team
QB: Ryan, Hurts
RB: Taylor, Mixon, Henderson, Bernard, Michel, Mcnichols
WR: DJM, Sutton, Thielen, Gallup, OBJ, Toney, Kirk, Mims, Harry, Slayton
TE: Kittle, Pitts

22: 2nd, 3rd, 4th
23: 1st, 3rd (x2), 4th
24: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team
QB: Jackson, Mayfield
RB: Taylor, J. Williams, Mack, Guice, D. Evans
WR: AJB, Godwin, Toney, Harry, Reynolds, Wilson
TE: Jonnu, Doyle
22: 1st, 2nd (x3), 4th
23: 1st (x3), 2nd (x2), 3rd (x2), 4th
24: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd (x2), 4th

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:59 pm

throwaway1604 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:24 pm This has gotten to the point where it’s kinda ridiculous. Take that and run. I’d accept that even without owning Henderson
x2 - great deal

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:53 pm

I'd easily pay that for Gurley.

eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eraldo_coil » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:55 pm

Of course after some back and forth on it he now wants me to add in Tevin Coleman... still a good deal?
Team 1
12-team, 0.5 PPR, SuperFlex, TE Premium (+0.5 PPR) | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1SF

Team 2

Bubba90
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Bubba90 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:11 pm

Probably still a good deal, but I think you should ask for something back in draft pick(s) if Coleman included.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:21 pm

I wouldnt hesitate to see what he would give for henderson before getting to deep in paying for gurley. A solid proven wr would be a nice addition.

I liked the initial offer but at what point does it hurt rather than help. Lets say its a timeshare between gurley and henderson and your left hoping you start the right 1 each week? Eeek

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:47 pm

Boils down to your own personal opinion. None of us know better than the other.

Guice and Lindsay I'd pay, personally, but to each their own. The fact you have Henderson means you have the Rams RB locked down. If it turns into Ingram/Kamara, you have two startable RB's on the same team.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:46 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:47 pm If it turns into Ingram/Kamara, you have two startable RB's on the same team.
I was chatting it up with another guy the other day who felt this way. He was certain that its going to play out like this.

I think thats a very optimistic take on the situation. 1st, most believe henderson will be there because they need to "limit" gurleys load. Not sure that the intent for the saints was to limit the rbs, but rather...get the ball in their best players hands or just a product of peytons offense. Remeber pierre thomas and sproles were both quality starters each week aswell. I also brought up that the saints only really have had thomas as a receiving option the last few years. Whereas the rams have 3wrs ranked and being drafted in the top 40 or so.

Long story short, for both gurley and henderson to give us the weekly production we're looking for...somethings gotta give with the 3wrs. Certainly possible, but the saints may be an outlier in this rb scenario.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:50 am

sloth8u wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:46 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:47 pm If it turns into Ingram/Kamara, you have two startable RB's on the same team.
I was chatting it up with another guy the other day who felt this way. He was certain that its going to play out like this.

I think thats a very optimistic take on the situation. 1st, most believe henderson will be there because they need to "limit" gurleys load. Not sure that the intent for the saints was to limit the rbs, but rather...get the ball in their best players hands or just a product of peytons offense. Remeber pierre thomas and sproles were both quality starters each week aswell. I also brought up that the saints only really have had thomas as a receiving option the last few years. Whereas the rams have 3wrs ranked and being drafted in the top 40 or so.

Long story short, for both gurley and henderson to give us the weekly production we're looking for...somethings gotta give with the 3wrs. Certainly possible, but the saints may be an outlier in this rb scenario.
I agree. Price wise, I'd still give that for TG, Even if Henderson was a RB2, with Gurley, I think it's a win. I don't think Lindsay will ever reproduce his stats, and Guice I have no idea. I do not think Kamara/Ingram is a reasonable argument. I do think two productive starting back are, if it goes well, however.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:18 am

Im with you on the guice and lindsay price, but sounds like he's gotta add now. Why i pointed out that maybe selling the other guy henderson may be an option. I would not let him go cheap.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:19 am

Scooped up as many cheap shares of Gurly as I could this off season. Suddenly he's my most owned running back. Might bite me in the arse but it let's you know where I am on him.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eraldo_coil » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:40 am

Thanks everyone for hanging with me here on this... trade talks have now moved to the following: He wants Guice and Kerryon for Gurley and his 2020 2nd.

I don't think it's a terrible offer but i'd literally be giving up my two starting RBs. If Gurley doesn't work out i'd be screwed. I guess i'd have Lindsay back in the mix, but other than that I have a bunch of middling RBs. Plus i'm kind of high on Kerryon for this year as well.

What do you guys think of that updated offer?
Team 1

Team 2

surgebird2
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Where are we at with Gurley? (Updated Offer)**

Postby surgebird2 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:05 am

I'd just play hard ball at this point. I love Kerryon this year and actually had him at the center point of a deal where I traded my only Gurley share. It's probably close value, but I'd just try to get back to the original deal or just keep what you have. Sounds like he might be a little worried and will give in to backing down to the first offer.
Team 1
12 Team PPR TEP Superflex, 30 Man Roster (No 2024 Picks)
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, 1 Superflex
QB: Herbert, Hurts, Purdy, Murray, O'Connell, Lock, Wentz, Mullens (IR)
RB: Taylor, Gibbs, Jav. Williams, Spears, R. Dowdle, K. Mitchell, Rivers (IR), Brooks (IR)
WR: Diggs, Aiyuk, D. Smith, M. Brown, Jam. Williams, D. Douglas, E. Moore, Mims, Toney, Tillman, Tucker
TE: Pitts, Ferguson, Njoku, Musgrave, Bellinger

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Where are we at with Gurley? (Updated Offer)**

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:07 am

I think it's a close offer. I do like Johnson more than Lindsay so you are certainly giving up a bit more, but you do get a 2nd in a nice class back. Your assumption that Guice is a starting running back is just a bit ambitious IMO, there is still risk baked into his value. I think I would still lean Gurley here, but it's pretty much personal preference.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland