DLF IDP Support

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jp4703
Role Player
Role Player

DLF IDP Support

Postby jp4703 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:22 am

I know this has been said before but I just wanted to bring it up again. Also I wrote this here instead of the IDP forums because the IDP forums a deadzone outside of a few people who regularly post.

I'm not sure if its just me but the lack of IDP content has been crazy. One of the main reasons I've been paying for a DLF membership and lately there hasn't been much. The stuff on offense you can easily find even for free, but the IDP stuff is a bit harder. The off-season is one of the best times to get ahead of other owners especially for IDP. So the lack of content kind of surprises me because I think last year if I remember correctly there were IDP Projections for every team running through the whole off-season.

Because of this I had to buy another membership(which is cheaper) on a different site. I'm not going to name any sites because that's besides the point, but it's kind of upsetting that I've been using DLF for about 3 years now and instead of the IDP support growing its decreasing. Even on the offense side I feel like there's less content compared to last year. If I remember correctly the prices for DLF membership also went up this year and they said this was so they can find more writers to push out more content.....but like I said I don't see anything more.

I just feel like this is bad business, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. This isn't a rant saying I'm going to cancel my membership etc..... I'm just trying to say it how I see it hoping for some kind of change.
16 team - 42rosters - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1PK, 3DE/DL, 2DB, 2LB, 1DFLEX
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford.
RB: L. Bell, D. Cook, J. Conner, M. Sanders, A. Blue, J. Ajayi, A. Barnes.
WR: M. Thomas, A.J. Green, J. Jones, C. Godwin, Z. Jones, J. Reynolds, K. Kirkwood, J. Moore, J. Hurd, T. Benjamin.
TE: Z. Ertz, J. Smith, M. Andrews, D. Waller, J. Sternberger.
K: M. Badgley.
DB: L. Collins, J. Johnson, J. Tart, C. Geathers, M. Blair.
DL: C. Dunlap, D. Barnett, J. Casey, B. Graham, G. McCoy, J. Allen.
LB: T. Whitehead, J. Hicks, J. Collins, J. Brown, K. White, G. Avery, C. Barton, B. Cashman, J. Ryan, J. Tavai, Q. Williams.
Picks:
2020: 2, 4, 4, 5
2021: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

pokerplayer1000
All Pro
All Pro

Re: DLF IDP Support

Postby pokerplayer1000 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:51 am

It is something that doesnt play to the masses in my opinion. Not many people play IDP, or actually understand the defensive side of football, plus i personally believe making accurate IDP projections is substantially harder than offensive.
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB
QB: Watson/Lamar/FitzMAGIC
RB: Cook/Jacobs/Kamara/Guice/JWilliams
WR: Kupp/Landry/CRidley/Sutton/Fitz/Campbell/Agholar/Boykin
TE: Henry/Hooper/Fant
DL: Houston/Calias
LB: Littleton/Blake
DB: Walker/Bell
20: 1.02,1.08,2.01,2.05,2.08
21: 2 1sts
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1 DE,DT,LB,S,CB,FLX,DL/DB
QB: Goff/Stafford/Fitz/Allen/Luck
RB: Zeke/CMC/DJ/Thompson/Barber/Laird
WR: OBJ/Amari/Keenan/Thielen/Fitz/Deebo/Beasley/Boykin/Renfrow/Harmon(TS)
TE: Ebron/Hooper/Vance/Hurst(TS)/Knox(TS)
DE: Jordan/Bosa/Lawerence
DT: Lawerence/Reader
LB: Jaylon/Martinez/Roquan/Campbell
CB: TWhite/King
S: Johnson III/Bell/Jenkins
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB 1FLX
QB: Goff/BigBen/Ryan/Rivers/Minshew
RB: MG3/Kamara/Thompson/AP
WR: Julio/Nuk/Adams/MJones/Fitz/Lazard/Tate/Isabella(TS)/Renfrow(TS)
TE: Ertz/Higbee/Ebron/Vance/Knox
DL: Lawerence/Jones(KC)/Ingram
LB: DWhite/Leonard/Werner
DB: Walker/Humphrey
20: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06

jp4703
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jp4703 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:01 pm

pokerplayer1000 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:51 am It is something that doesnt play to the masses in my opinion. Not many people play IDP, or actually understand the defensive side of football, plus i personally believe making accurate IDP projections is substantially harder than offensive.
I agree with the second part but its still nice to read the content put out.

I personally think IDP is growing, every year more and more people are giving it a try and actually liking it. But content wise there's less overall content this off-season then last off-season and the main reasoning they had behind raising the price was so they can find people to put out more stuff.

To be honest with you I don't even read any of those deep sleeper articles because sure those are great but who has the bench spots to pickup a 5th string guy hoping he gets a chance? I'm in 20 leagues and MAYBE in 2-3 I'd have enough roster space to actually pickup the guy they count as the deep sleeper.

Also the mailbox things that are done that referred to rookies, and even during the season for starting lineups....those things people can ask twitter these days and get a quicker reply from multiple people then waiting a whole day from the guy who does it(not trying to bash who does it because I think he does an awesome job but just pointing out there's free and quicker options).

I guess in the end what I'm trying to say is what exactly am I paying for here? I'm not really getting much. I also think I'm in the minority here because most of the people on this forums don't have a membership, they just come here because this is the most popular dynasty forum.
WR: M. Thomas, A.J. Green, J. Jones, C. Godwin, Z. Jones, J. Reynolds, K. Kirkwood, J. Moore, J. Hurd, T. Benjamin.
LB: T. Whitehead, J. Hicks, J. Collins, J. Brown, K. White, G. Avery, C. Barton, B. Cashman, J. Ryan, J. Tavai, Q. Williams.
Picks:

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:08 pm

pokerplayer1000 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:51 am It is something that doesnt play to the masses in my opinion. Not many people play IDP, or actually understand the defensive side of football, plus i personally believe making accurate IDP projections is substantially harder than offensive.
IDP projections seem to be very tough. I play in an IDP (non-dynasty) and guys pop up out of nowhere for big season. Again, maybe that is because it's not dynasty. The same could be said for lack of research in a standard non-dynasty league.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:36 pm

You aren't seeing the value in Doug Green's LB rankings, which include De'Vondre Campbell as #11?

jp4703
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jp4703 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:22 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:36 pm You aren't seeing the value in Doug Green's LB rankings, which include De'Vondre Campbell as #11?
😂 that’s a joke I didn’t even see that.

The guy lukky provides more idp help then all the DLF writers combined. Idk why they just don’t hire the guy it’s been said by the community so many times.
Picks:

jp4703
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jp4703 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:50 am

Would love to hear from a DLF admin try and defend their product.
Picks: