Derrick Henry value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Derrick Henry value

Postby TimeWillTell » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:55 am

So while I had been rebuilding, I look at my team and think maybe I'm getting close to being able to compete if my young guys take steps this year (and if Darnold or Mariota do well off the wire for me). The Henry owner is needing some WR depth (he mentioned in the context of another conversation) and he didn't do much to address that in our rookie draft, mostly since he didn't have a 1st this year. His main RB options are: Henry, Miller, McKinnon, Lindsey, A. Jones, and I know he's been frustrated/down in Henry in the past. I'm not interested in Gore or McKinnon. I'm skeptical of Lindsey. I think he's super high on Jones.

I plugged into the trade calculator and it says Woods for Henry straight up is pretty fair. So is Davis+Hamilton (if he wants quantity over quality). Both those seem a little lighter than I wouldn't expected, so I'm asking for opinions on making an offer.

(Alternatively, I have 6 firsts for next year I'd like to keep, including his, but I am open to moving 1. Or, maybe I'm not close to competing and I should just hold)
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Re: Derrick Henry value

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:03 am

I'm not high on Woods and would trade him for Henry easily. Several others would say you're selling Woods way too short. I would not trade Davis for him, much less Davis and Hamilton.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:08 am

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:03 am I'm not high on Woods and would trade him for Henry easily. Several others would say you're selling Woods way too short. I would not trade Davis for him, much less Davis and Hamilton.
Appreciate the response! Do you think I'm close enough to competing to make this deal (Dalton, Darnold or Mariota will be my QB)? Or better just holding for now and maybe moving Woods for additional picks next year? Henry isn't old by any means but he is in his 4th season so if I buy now but don't compete for 3 years I think it'll be a waste.
1.01, 1.03

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:09 am

I'm not a Henry fan at all. He had 3 good games at the end of last season against teams that had clearly given up. I'm not convinced he has turned some corner all of a sudden. I think if you can get some good value for Woods, go for it with your build. You're still a year or 2 away from competing anyway at the earliest.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:24 am

I would hold Davis and Hamilton over Henry. I think your rebuild is on the right track and you will make the playoffs this year. Keep building.

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:52 am

If I was moving Woods for Henry I would want more back. That being said I tend to agree with Gator here and stay the course , especially with your picks next year. You will be able to move them for solid 2nd and 3rd year players in a year plus hold 2-3 of them.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:56 am

:thumbup:
jenkins.math wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:09 am I'm not a Henry fan at all. He had 3 good games at the end of last season against teams that had clearly given up. I'm not convinced he has turned some corner all of a sudden. I think if you can get some good value for Woods, go for it with your build. You're still a year or 2 away from competing anyway at the earliest.
This. I really think Henry is a bit of fools gold atm. A couple huge games but the rest he was terrible .

To OP: I would inquire on Jones and you never know he might be willing to part with him. Don't buy Henry
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:20 am

Smoking Guns wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:52 am If I was moving Woods for Henry I would want more back. That being said I tend to agree with Gator here and stay the course , especially with your picks next year. You will be able to move them for solid 2nd and 3rd year players in a year plus hold 2-3 of them.
So this is what I did this year. Turned 1.02, 1.04 and 1.11 into: Pettis, DJ Moore, 3x 2020 1st and a 2020 2nd. I had planned on drafting at least 1.02 but I thought getting a solid 2nd year guy plus a 2020 1st was a better long term play.

Sounds like I just need to be patient. Thanks guys!
1.01, 1.03

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:28 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:20 am
Smoking Guns wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:52 am If I was moving Woods for Henry I would want more back. That being said I tend to agree with Gator here and stay the course , especially with your picks next year. You will be able to move them for solid 2nd and 3rd year players in a year plus hold 2-3 of them.
So this is what I did this year. Turned 1.02, 1.04 and 1.11 into: Pettis, DJ Moore, 3x 2020 1st and a 2020 2nd. I had planned on drafting at least 1.02 but I thought getting a solid 2nd year guy plus a 2020 1st was a better long term play.

Sounds like I just need to be patient. Thanks guys!
That is a haul for those 3 picks nice job

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:25 pm

Id give woods for henry, but keep davis and hamilton over him.

I expect we see that henry is the workhorse everyone was hoping for comming out. Its always been a volume thing with him....hopefully we see a concentrated effort to get him involved.

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:33 pm

i wouldn't give anything close to this for henry in anything resembling ppr.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Wouldn’t take Woods for my shares of henry.

Probably wouldn’t take Davis + Hamilton either and I’m high on Davis.
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:23 pm

I'm going to sit tight but it's interesting that Henry is as polarizing as Woods it appears.
1.01, 1.03

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:56 am

derrick henry's ability to continually dupe the fantasy community by compiling in the last few games against sub-par competition playing for nothing is nothing short of fascinating. that he's able to do it to the dynasty community at 25 with so many red flags and an historically terrible offense is even more mind blowing.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett