Stacking QB with WR1

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Peepyopee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Stacking QB with WR1

Postby Peepyopee » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:16 am

I am curious how you guys feel about stacking a QB with his WR1. I've done it in redraft twice and had mixed results (latest was OBJ with Eli and that was painful). From a Dynasty perspective it seems like it has its pros and cons. One of the pros is I can make a push this year if I think both the QB and WR1 are supposed to have top 3 seasons at their positions. If things do not pan out, I can always trade the WR1 away at the end of the year for still very good return value - different from redraft where I would lose both players. Cons are obviously injuries, 'meh' games from each likely results in a loss, etc.
League Started in 2018
12 Team, .5 PPR, 25 roster: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE(1.5 PPR), 1 FLEX (WR/RB)
QB: Deshaun Watson, Matt Stafford, Teddy Bridgewater
RB:Austin Ekeler, Kareem Hunt, Cam Akers, Jamaal Williams, Melvin Gordon, Joshua Kelley, DeeJay Dallas, Salvon Ahmed, Trayveon Williams, Xavier Jones, Darrell Williams
WR: Tyreek Hill, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, Chase Claypool, Michael Gallup, Brashad Perriman, Byron Pringle, Auden Tate, Amari Rogers, Dyami Brown, Anthony Schwartz
TE: Jonnu Smith, Chris Herndon, Dawson Knox, Harrison Bryant, Pat Freiermuth, Jacob Hollister

Picks:
2022: 1st x2, 2nd
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

pokerplayer1000
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Stacking QB with WR1

Postby pokerplayer1000 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:35 am

I personally enjoy stacking a QB/WR but not with Eli and OBJ....if we are talking something like BigBen/Juju, Watson/Nuk, Ryan/Julio....sure it sucks when they have a bye week, but i like doing it with guys who are Pure QB1/WR1s where even a bad game for any of them is still a decent output.
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB
QB: Watson/Lamar/FitzMAGIC
RB: Cook/Jacobs/Kamara/Guice/JWilliams
WR: Kupp/Landry/CRidley/Sutton/Fitz/Campbell/Agholar/Boykin
TE: Henry/Hooper/Fant
DL: Houston/Calias
LB: Littleton/Blake
DB: Walker/Bell
20: 1.02,1.08,2.01,2.05,2.08
21: 2 1sts
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1 DE,DT,LB,S,CB,FLX,DL/DB
QB: Goff/Stafford/Fitz/Allen/Luck
RB: Zeke/CMC/DJ/Thompson/Barber/Laird
WR: OBJ/Amari/Keenan/Thielen/Fitz/Deebo/Beasley/Boykin/Renfrow/Harmon(TS)
TE: Ebron/Hooper/Vance/Hurst(TS)/Knox(TS)
DE: Jordan/Bosa/Lawerence
DT: Lawerence/Reader
LB: Jaylon/Martinez/Roquan/Campbell
CB: TWhite/King
S: Johnson III/Bell/Jenkins
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB 1FLX
QB: Goff/BigBen/Ryan/Rivers/Minshew
RB: MG3/Kamara/Thompson/AP
WR: Julio/Nuk/Adams/MJones/Fitz/Lazard/Tate/Isabella(TS)/Renfrow(TS)
TE: Ertz/Higbee/Ebron/Vance/Knox
DL: Lawerence/Jones(KC)/Ingram
LB: DWhite/Leonard/Werner
DB: Walker/Humphrey
20: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:38 am

I like the idea of stacking as long as the options are elite: Mahomes/Hill, Brees/Thomas...the wr if the combo is not young is the more important piece to own in my opinion. This strategy of stacking can yield some monster games.

Smoking Guns
Starter
Starter

Postby Smoking Guns » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:45 am

Agree with the already mentioned - if the opportunity presents itself then sure but I don’t draft out of BPA to force it.

Peepyopee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Peepyopee » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:50 am

I tend to agree, even more so if both players are youngish. In my case I would be trying to obtain Hopkins. Gives me the option to play out this season and/or next and decide if i need to sell as things play out. It would likely cost me Dalvin Cook and someone else or a pick on top but the gains would be great.
League Started in 2018
RB:Austin Ekeler, Kareem Hunt, Cam Akers, Jamaal Williams, Melvin Gordon, Joshua Kelley, DeeJay Dallas, Salvon Ahmed, Trayveon Williams, Xavier Jones, Darrell Williams
WR: Tyreek Hill, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, Chase Claypool, Michael Gallup, Brashad Perriman, Byron Pringle, Auden Tate, Amari Rogers, Dyami Brown, Anthony Schwartz
TE: Jonnu Smith, Chris Herndon, Dawson Knox, Harrison Bryant, Pat Freiermuth, Jacob Hollister

Picks:

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:05 am

I draft the BPA or trade for that player. I don't care if every player I have is on the same team at the right value. I don't think it matters
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:14 am

Peepyopee wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:16 am I am curious how you guys feel about stacking a QB with his WR1. I've done it in redraft twice and had mixed results (latest was OBJ with Eli and that was painful).
beckham is the better QB out of the two...

Peepyopee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Peepyopee » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:25 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:05 am I draft the BPA or trade for that player. I don't care if every player I have is on the same team at the right value. I don't think it matters
This was a dynasty question. Teams are drafted, talking about acquiring the WR1.

"beckham is the better QB out of the two..."
That was in redraft a few years ago when Eli was supposed to have a top5 year. I finished in 9th place that year.
League Started in 2018

Picks:

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 am

I don't think it really matters. Just depends on who your QB and WR are. If you're stacking let's say Baltimore's QB and WR1 (extreme example) compared to owning Luck and Hopkins, obviously stacking is not smart in this case. But if you're stacking Luck/Hilton, Watson/Hopkins, Ryan/Julio, Brees/MT, and so...then those are all obviously studs. There's no right answer here and depends on who you're stacking.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:18 am

i like stacking, as long as i like both the QB and WR separately. in that case it can give you an edge in the right week, but it's pointless otherwise.

Peepyopee wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:25 am That was in redraft a few years ago when Eli was supposed to have a top5 year. I finished in 9th place that year.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
you bet on the giants. you lost. i'm sure you've learnt something from that (that the giants are shite, basically)

Peepyopee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Peepyopee » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:22 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:18 am i like stacking, as long as i like both the QB and WR separately. in that case it can give you an edge in the right week, but it's pointless otherwise.

Peepyopee wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:25 am That was in redraft a few years ago when Eli was supposed to have a top5 year. I finished in 9th place that year.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
you bet on the giants. you lost. i'm sure you've learnt something from that (that the giants are shite, basically)
Yea learned it the hard way. :wall:
League Started in 2018

Picks: