I need confirmation with some drops

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

I need confirmation with some drops

Postby elvisn » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi All,

I need some help with some drops for team 1 in my signature. I need to drop 2 players.

I thought it was going to be easy and I'd just drop Preston Williams and Justin Watson. But is it worth holding on to either for any potential upside over someone else on my roster like Josh Gordon, Drew Brees, LeSean McCoy or John Ross for varying reasons (suspension, mental health, age, production)

Am I over thinking this? I feel I'm shallow at WR and seemingly no one wants to trade any WRs at the moment, so that might be where my hesitation is coming from with dropping the 2 WRs in Preston Williams and Justin Watson.

Would love to hear your thoughts, even if this is an open and shut case on the drops.

Thanks in advance.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex(WRT). Bench 11, IR 2.

QB: Drew Brees, Minshew, Hurts.
RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.
TE: Evan Engram, Dallas Goedert, Adam Trautman.

Picks:
2021: 1st, 3rd.
2022: 1st, 3rd.
2023: 1st ,2nd, 3rd.

Team 2
10 Team - PPR, 4pts Pass TD, 6pts Rec/Rush TD, Return scoring yards/TDs.
Start: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4Flex

QB: LJax, Goff, Minshew, Hurts, Rosen.
RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.
TE: Higbee, OJ Howard, Cook, Gesicki.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: I need confirmation with some drops

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Gordon and P. Williams are drops for me. I don't think Gordon will ever play again/get another chance. If you think he will, Williams and Watson are the drops to go with.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:46 pm

I had to look up to see who Ozigbo was. Not sure why he's even rostered to begin with, but maybe you know more about him than I clearly do. You can then flip a coin between Watson and Williams...doesn't really matter which one you drop.

elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby elvisn » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:06 pm

Ozigbo is the 3rd RB on the Saints. I took him with last pick in our rookie draft, he should cover nicely if either Kamara or Murray get injured. Also he has some really interesting college tape and metrics/measurables. So I’ll keep him mainly from a handcuff perspective.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex(WRT). Bench 11, IR 2.

QB: Drew Brees, Minshew, Hurts.
RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.
TE: Evan Engram, Dallas Goedert, Adam Trautman.

Picks:
2021: 1st, 3rd.
2022: 1st, 3rd.
2023: 1st ,2nd, 3rd.

Team 2
10 Team - PPR, 4pts Pass TD, 6pts Rec/Rush TD, Return scoring yards/TDs.
Start: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4Flex

QB: LJax, Goff, Minshew, Hurts, Rosen.
RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.
TE: Higbee, OJ Howard, Cook, Gesicki.

Kkiddynamite
Captain
Captain

Postby Kkiddynamite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:17 pm

I like Ozigbo but with that roster Im dropping him and Watson

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:18 pm

Drop Sanu, he's never getting in your lineup and is the WR3 on his team, there's no upside left in him anymore. Yes he'll probably be picked up by someone else but no one is going to give you anything for him, definition of a roster clogger. After that it's a little tricky, tough to cut any RBs because they are all handcuffs, Ozigbo is the choice if you do though. Then I guess you cut one of Watson or Williams, whichever you are lower on. Gordon and Ross still have too much upside for me to cut unless I absolutely have to, you certainly don't need them in your lineup but are worth holding for 1 more year to see if they can get it together then cut at the end of the year if things continue as is for them.