Contender - Trade Saquon?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Weber27
Starter
Starter

Contender - Trade Saquon?

Postby Weber27 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:56 am

Team is in my sig. I have rebuilt a pretty solid team and should be a real contender this year.

I have been looking for an Alpha WR to go with JuJu since I am pretty stacked at RB and only have young "potential" guys behind Juju and AJ Green who's injuries scare me.

WR's I targeted were Hopkins, Thomas and Adams. Hopkins and Thomas owners refuse to move them, but the Adams owner (Packers fan) wants a haul to move him but at least would consider it. He wants Saquon and AJ for Adams and Dalvin Cook.

This trade would be expensive, but would it help give me a better shot at a Championship or should I just wait and hope that one of Godwin or DJ Moore can pop if AJ Green doesn't finish the season.

I tried to get Adams without losing Saquon, I offered Kerryon, AJ, and Njoku (he needs TE bad) he said no quickly and that he will only move Adams if he gets a top 10 player in return.

Thoughts or other suggestions to help me bring home a Ship! These windows are narrow!

Thank you guys
New Mexico Maulers 2019 Champion
12-Team, SF, PPR, TEP, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB: Mahomes, Dak, D. Jones, R. Wilson, Stidham
RB: JT, CMC, Breece, R. White, Izz A, L. Murray, McKinnon, LF, Ahmed, Moss
WR: AJB, Sutton, Jeudy, Addison, London, Godwin, Hardman,
TE: Andrews, Friermuth, Ferguson, , Tremble

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

Rocky Mountain Ramblers 2022 Champion
12 Team, SF, PPR, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft | Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, SF
QB: Lamar, TLaw, Dak, Darnold, M. White
RB: CMC, JT, Breece, LF, L. Murray, Ahmed, Mcglauglin, Moss, Mitchell
WR: AJB, Lamb, G. Wilson, DJM, Hopkins, Jeudy, Burks, Kirk,
TE: Pitts, Freiermuth, Dulcich, Jonnu, Johnson
]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

surgebird2
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Contender - Trade Saquon?

Postby surgebird2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:03 am

Since you only have to start 2 WRs, I wouldn't worry about your WR core as you can wait and see with Godwin/Moore while starting AJ and Juju. Both Godwin and Moore should be solid this year anyways, I believe. Additionally, Saquon is the one I might overpay for, not Adams, so I'd keep what you have. I love Adams, but you don't need him. Plus Saquon has less questions than Adams with Adams' concussion history.
Team 1
12 Team PPR TEP Superflex, 30 Man Roster (No 2024 Picks)
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, 1 Superflex
QB: Herbert, Hurts, Purdy, Murray, O'Connell, Lock, Wentz, Mullens (IR)
RB: Taylor, Gibbs, Jav. Williams, Spears, R. Dowdle, K. Mitchell, Rivers (IR), Brooks (IR)
WR: Diggs, Aiyuk, D. Smith, M. Brown, Jam. Williams, D. Douglas, E. Moore, Mims, Toney, Tillman, Tucker
TE: Pitts, Ferguson, Njoku, Musgrave, Bellinger

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:16 am

I think Godwin, Moore and Sutton all have a solid chance to emerge as a solid option for you this year and help you make a run. I see no reason to move Barkley at this point. Hold what you have.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:16 am

Value wise, I'd say that's a pretty fair offer and maybe even in your favor. With that said, I'd still have a hard time moving Barkley for that. If you want to keep Barkley, try to go after WRs a tier below the guys you're targeting like Julio. He'll still produce as well as Adams and cost much less.

Weber27
Starter
Starter

Postby Weber27 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:17 am

surgebird2 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:03 am Since you only have to start 2 WRs, I wouldn't worry about your WR core as you can wait and see with Godwin/Moore while starting AJ and Juju. Both Godwin and Moore should be solid this year anyways, I believe. Additionally, Saquon is the one I might overpay for, not Adams, so I'd keep what you have. I love Adams, but you don't need him. Plus Saquon has less questions than Adams with Adams' concussion history.
Thank you. Funny you bring up the concussions. I brought that up to the owner and he scoffed at me as if there is nothing. He had 4 in one season about 3 years ago. Thank you again. I was leaning toward just riding it out and keeping Saquon, just knowing I have 3 1sts next year in a stacked RB class figured I could recoup my RB strength there but if only it wasn't Adams, I really am not a big fan of him. I would be willing to pay the price for Hopkins!
12-Team, SF, PPR, TEP, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

12 Team, SF, PPR, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft | Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, SF
]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

Weber27
Starter
Starter

Postby Weber27 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:18 am

Goddard wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:16 am Value wise, I'd say that's a pretty fair offer and maybe even in your favor. With that said, I'd still have a hard time moving Barkley for that. If you want to keep Barkley, try to go after WRs a tier below the guys you're targeting like Julio. He'll still produce as well as Adams and cost much less.
I like that! Thank you.

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:49 am

I read the title and stopped no
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.