Evans for Cooper+

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Evans or Cooper

Cooper, 2 2020 1sts mid to high
75%
Evans 2020 2nd (high)
25%

Total votes: 44

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Evans for Cooper+

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:45 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:01 pm Yeah I'm having a really tough time deciding. I have what I would bet is the 2020 1.1 already and that will be an elite RB. The problem is another team has:

QB: Mayfield
RB: CMC, Zeke, AJones
WR: MT, JuJu, Diggs, Moore, Godwin, Sutton
TE: Ertz

And so I'd say my team is literally tied with his maybe I have slight advantage, but if I downgraded to Cooper it could actually be the difference as I have the advantage with WR right now.
I don’t play in 10 team leagues, only 12 teamers and up but everyone says that studs win 10 team leagues, so I understand your hesitation. At the same time though, I honestly don’t think Cooper is much of a downgrade from Evans, I’d much rather have Cooper and those two future 1sts but I know I’m in the minority.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:59 pm

Yeah studs make all the difference in 10 man. Ultimately if It were a head to head matchup against his team I'd feel a lot better with Evans vs Diggs, than Cooper vs. Diggs. However, I think you're right and my mentality has always been make any trade if I gain value, so maybe I should go with my instincts and pull the trigger. The good thing is that everyone with an elite WR simply refuses to move them so this deal should be on the table for quite a while.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:12 am

Even though we play to win, dynasty means playing to win consistently. This trade would allow you to draft 3 of the top 6 players in a supposedly loaded draft class or trade one or two of the picks for established players. That puts you in a position moving forward of dominating for years, not just this one. The extra 2nd shouldn't sway the deal.
I love Evans and am down on Cooper, but I agree that DAL will feed Amari this year. You still will have a shot this year as well.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:08 pm

jwconnel wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:43 am Evans may have better consistency, but the value here is too much to pass up. Evans is going to get his, but I wonder if the volume will decrease a little with Godwin and Howard hopefully healthy for the whole season. You'd get another young WR with an opportunity to really breakout with a whole offseason to prepare and now have 3 2020 1st's in the top half of the draft. I would do it.
Evans' volume already dipped a lot the last two years and all he did was rack up an insane ypr at 17.7yds and the highest efficiency totals of his career.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins