Trade offer/Poll

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Pick a side

Poll ended at Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:13 pm

S.Watkins
7
39%
1.12/2020 2nd/Cobb
11
61%
 
Total votes: 18

User avatar
Cowboysfan33
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4814
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Trade offer/Poll

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:13 pm

12 Team PPR

Roster Notables
QB-Mayfield
RBs- Zeke, Kerryon, D.Williams
WRs- Evans, K.Allen, AJG, T.Hill, Pettis
TEs- Kittle, J.Cook

One of the two teams that I still roster T.Hill and just got this offer, what do you guys think?

I give: 1.12/2020 2nd/R.Cobb
I receive: S.Watkins

I think it’s a pretty cheap price for Watkins, which would help me while Hill is suspended, forever how long that ends up being. Any feedback?

User avatar
Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 14619
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 am

Re: Trade offer/Poll

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:19 pm

With your build, I would keep the picks and roll Johnson or Pettis pending roster requirements while Hill is out. I'm not a big Watkins believer though. I personally think someone else will step up while Hill is out.
You're in this for Life
12 Team, PPR, 30 roster: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 DST, 1 K
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, Josh Allen
RB: Alvin Kamara, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Derrius Guice, Alexander Mattison, Ryquell Armstead, Rodney Anderson
WR: Kenny Golladay, Chris Godwin, Calvin Ridley, Courtland Sutton, Dede Westbrook, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk, Mike Williams, Josh Reynolds, Equanimeous St. Brown
TE: Mark Andrews, O.J. Howard, David Njoku, Greg Olsen, Ian Thomas

Picks: 2020: 4th, 5th 2021: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

ChefHerbie
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 7:52 am

Re: Trade offer/Poll

Postby ChefHerbie » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:42 pm

Agree with Gator. If you like Watkins tho, it’s definitely a cheap price.
Team 1 - 10 Team PPR - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

QBs: Wentz, Big Ben, Darnold, Murray, Bridgewater
RBs: Chubb, Mack, L. Miller, Monty, Foreman, Henderson, Ballage, Armstead, R. Anderson
WRs: OBJ, K. Allen, Cooks, ARob, Z. Jones, Chark, K. White, D. Robinson, McLaurin
TE: Howard, Njoku, Reed

Picks:
2020: 1-4
2021: 1-4
2022: 1-4

Team 2 - 10 Team PPR SF - QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1SF

QBs: Mayfield, Watson, Jimmy GQ, Grier
RBs: Barkley, Sony, Lewis, D. Thompson, Love
WRs: Thomas, OBJ, AB, Kupp, ARob, C. Ridley, Alshon, MVS, Chark, Gordon, McLaurin, Quinn
TE: Burton, Walker

Picks:
2020: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3
2021: 1, 3
2022: 1-3

Team 3 - 10 Team PPR - QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX

QBs: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, Murray, Grier
RBs: Ballage, Henderson, Hunt, Hill, Armstead, Anderson, Williams, Thompson, Crockett
WRs: Nuk, Evans, Cooper, Cooks, Samuel, Butler, Chark, Quinn, Robinson, D. Johnson, Morgan Jr.
TEs: Fant, Dissly, Goedert

Picks:
2020: 1-4
2021: 1-4
2022: 1-4

User avatar
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5915
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Re: Trade offer/Poll

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:28 pm

I think it is a fair price given that the 2nd should be late based on your roster (assuming the pick is yours). The challenge for me is believing in Watkins. Can you survive without Watkins based on your current roster? It looks like you potentially could given you don't know the Hill suspension length. Perhaps this becomes easier when you know who's available at 1.12 as well.

Watkins to me feels like he's on a dynasty value cliff. If he doesn't take advantage while Hill is out, even his believers will have to start to give pause. You may be able to simply use Cobb (or another flex depending on your starting requirements) and barely feel a dent, while maintaining more value insulated assets. I wouldn't make the deal unless you believe in Watkins enough that you'd do this even if Hill wasn't suspended.

User avatar
Cowboysfan33
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4814
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Trade offer/Poll

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:29 pm

Gator Sens wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:19 pm
With your build, I would keep the picks and roll Johnson or Pettis pending roster requirements while Hill is out. I'm not a big Watkins believer though. I personally think someone else will step up while Hill is out.
I also should add that I have the 2.01 as well and an extra 2020 2nd, which would be the one that is part of the trade. I won the championship last season and made some trades to get these picks. So I would still have the 2.01 and my 2020 picks left, if I made this deal.

User avatar
Cowboysfan33
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4814
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Trade offer/Poll

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:42 pm

FiremanEd wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:28 pm
I think it is a fair price given that the 2nd should be late based on your roster (assuming the pick is yours). The challenge for me is believing in Watkins. Can you survive without Watkins based on your current roster? It looks like you potentially could given you don't know the Hill suspension length. Perhaps this becomes easier when you know who's available at 1.12 as well.

Watkins to me feels like he's on a dynasty value cliff. If he doesn't take advantage while Hill is out, even his believers will have to start to give pause. You may be able to simply use Cobb (or another flex depending on your starting requirements) and barely feel a dent, while maintaining more value insulated assets. I wouldn't make the deal unless you believe in Watkins enough that you'd do this even if Hill wasn't suspended.
The 2020 2nd is from another team, I’m thinking mid 2nd. Our starting requirements are very shallow with 1QB, 1/3RBs, 1/3WRs, 1/3TEs, 1D/ST, 1Kicker. Last season, most weeks at RB/WR/TE, I started Zeke/Evans, Hill, KA /Kittle then had AJG & Kerryon as substitutes, so really, I think I would be fine.

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:55 am

Re: Trade offer/Poll

Postby FuzzySignificance » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:44 pm

i like the trade, when he was targeted consistently last year, he put up good numbers and I think he'll be targeted consistently this year. health, moreso than talent, has always been the concern with him.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

Edgy68
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:04 am
Location: Zanesville, OH

Re: Trade offer/Poll

Postby Edgy68 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:55 am

This is a cheap price for Watkins, if you are still a believer. That said, with such shallow starting requirements, I wouldn't give picks for a player that would sit your bench with regularity. That random 2020 2nd should be higher than yours and will increase in value next offseason. I would focus on packaging picks with a decent player to gain another starting caliber player. Gives you more starting flexibility and keeps that starter out of your opponent's lineup.
Dynasty Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB D. Brees, L. Jackson, D. Lock
RB S. Barkley, D. Henry, L. McCoy, T. Coleman, M. Sanders, J. Samuels, A. Matt.
WR M. Evans, D. Adams, M. Thomas, C. Sutton, JJAW, J. Hurd, J. Reynolds, A. Lazard, M. Bryant
TE T. Kelce, H. Henry, I. Thomas, C. Herndon
D/ST. GB, TEN, DAL

Panthers Dynasty league
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB A. Rodgers, C. Wentz, M. Trubisky
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, M. Ingram, P. Lindsay, G. Bernard, J. Hill, A. Matt., R. Anderson
WR D. Hopkins, K. Allen, Juju, K. Golladay, C. Godwin, A. Robinson, A. Tate, J. Reynolds
TE Z. Ertz, E. Engram, H. Henry, D. Goedert
DB J. Poyer, J. Johnson, K. Byard, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, D. Fowler, A. Armstead
LB C. Mosley, C. Littleton, KJ Wright, N. Vigil, H. Landry, M. Milano

User avatar
Cowboysfan33
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4814
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Trade offer/Poll

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:35 pm

Edgy68 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:55 am
This is a cheap price for Watkins, if you are still a believer. That said, with such shallow starting requirements, I wouldn't give picks for a player that would sit your bench with regularity. That random 2020 2nd should be higher than yours and will increase in value next offseason. I would focus on packaging picks with a decent player to gain another starting caliber player. Gives you more starting flexibility and keeps that starter out of your opponent's lineup.
Yeah, I ended declining the offer, pretty much for the exact reasons that you stated. I doubt he would see my starting lineup very much, if at all, unless Hill is gone for the whole season, which I don’t see that happening.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hankybro21 and 2 guests