2 QB Startup Draft Help

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who to take?

Tyreek Hill
No votes
Aaron Jones
No votes
Marlon Mack
No votes
Leonard Fournette
No votes
Aaron Rodgers
38%
Russel Wilson
63%

Total votes: 24

Steelersxx6
Rookie
Rookie

2 QB Startup Draft Help

Postby Steelersxx6 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:09 pm

Im 2 picks away from being on the clock at 4.3 and so far i drafted OBJ, Mahomes, and Brandon Cooks.

Should i draft tyreek hill or is it too early for him? I like the idea of pairing him with Mahomes on my team

Some of the other guys im looking into taking are:
Aaron Jones
Marlon Mack
Fournette
Aaron Rodgers
Russel Wilson

What do you guys think??
12 Team .5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX 1D/ST
QB: Lawrence, Lance, Goff
RB: JT, Dobbins, Swift, CEH, Tevin Coleman, Rashad Penny, Tony Pollard
WR: Stephon Diggs, DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, Tee Higgins, DeVonta Smith, DeVante Parker, KJ Hamler, Darnell Mooney, Gabriel Davis, Amari Rodgers
TE: Jonnu Smith, Irv Smith, Tyler Higbee
D/ST: Ravens, Steelers
K:

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2 QB Startup Draft Help

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:09 pm

2 QB, take Russel Wilson

jwconnel
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jwconnel » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:15 pm

I second the Russell Wilson pick. Way younger than Rodgers for your second QB.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:28 pm

jwconnel wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:15 pm I second the Russell Wilson pick. Way younger than Rodgers for your second QB.
X3
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:45 pm

How many teams?
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:59 pm

The only 2 correct answers are Wilson or Rodgers. I took Wilson. None of those other players need to be on that list of available votes, and if somebody votes for one of them, they obviously don't understand 2 QB leagues. You have a great roster so far. You need to get 3 starting QB's ASAP. Bye weeks, injuries etc. QB's will never be cheaper than in the startup. RB's are WAY easier to replace than QB's in this format. Wilson and Rodgers should be long gone. I'd even trade up and give away a small amount for the pick OTC. Your league mates (and yourself) should not have left those guys that late. Take advantage now and get QB's. You'll be glad you did, trust me.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Steelersxx6
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Steelersxx6 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:59 pm The only 2 correct answers are Wilson or Rodgers. I took Wilson. None of those other players need to be on that list of available votes, and if somebody votes for one of them, they obviously don't understand 2 QB leagues. You have a great roster so far. You need to get 3 starting QB's ASAP. Bye weeks, injuries etc. QB's will never be cheaper than in the startup. RB's are WAY easier to replace than QB's in this format. Wilson and Rodgers should be long gone. I'd even trade up and give away a small amount for the pick OTC. Your league mates (and yourself) should not have left those guys that late. Take advantage now and get QB's. You'll be glad you did, trust me.
Wow thanks for that advice, this is my first 2qb league so that helps a lot!
WR: Stephon Diggs, DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, Tee Higgins, DeVonta Smith, DeVante Parker, KJ Hamler, Darnell Mooney, Gabriel Davis, Amari Rodgers
K:

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:59 pm The only 2 correct answers are Wilson or Rodgers. I took Wilson. None of those other players need to be on that list of available votes, and if somebody votes for one of them, they obviously don't understand 2 QB leagues. You have a great roster so far. You need to get 3 starting QB's ASAP. Bye weeks, injuries etc. QB's will never be cheaper than in the startup. RB's are WAY easier to replace than QB's in this format. Wilson and Rodgers should be long gone. I'd even trade up and give away a small amount for the pick OTC. Your league mates (and yourself) should not have left those guys that late. Take advantage now and get QB's. You'll be glad you did, trust me.
Incorrect. This is only true if it's a 12+ team league. 10 team it's probably true depending on scoring settings and line ups. 8 team it's pretty much never true.

Need to know team numbers and possibly starter numbers

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:22 pm

abloom wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:45 pm How many teams?
this question actually has a lot to do with determining the correct answer.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:55 pm

abloom wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:21 pm
Incorrect. This is only true if it's a 12+ team league. 10 team it's probably true depending on scoring settings and line ups. 8 team it's pretty much never true.

Even in a ten team league RW and Rodgers are the pick. You still have to start 2, which means you need to roster 3 starting QB's. In the 4th round RW and Rodgers should not be there in a 2 QB league, even if it's a ten team IMO, they are top end options at the position. They are both top ten QB's, so that means basically some people haven't even drafted one QB yet, which is a bad way to draft in that format. If it's an 8 team league and he hasn't specified, that's a non issue to my advice, that is an anomaly and should be clearly stated. If there are some funky scoring rules that take away value from the QB's, then again, that needs to be stated. I am basing this on a pretty standard scoring format.

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Even in a ten team league RW and Rodgers are the pick. You still have to start 2, which means you need to roster 3 starting QB's. In the 4th round RW and Rodgers should not be there in a 2 QB league, even if it's a ten team IMO, they are top end options at the position. They are both top ten QB's, so that means basically some people haven't even drafted one QB yet, which is a bad way to draft in that format. If it's an 8 team league and he hasn't specified, that's a non issue to my advice, that is an anomaly and should be clearly stated.
it's true that they shouldn't be there. the fact that they are doesn't mean op *must* take one. in fact, it means she/he has a fair amount of flexibility here depending on how he has the qb's tiered and how many people are in the league.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Even in a ten team league RW and Rodgers are the pick. You still have to start 2, which means you need to roster 3 starting QB's. In the 4th round RW and Rodgers should not be there in a 2 QB league, even if it's a ten team IMO, they are top end options at the position. They are both top ten QB's, so that means basically some people haven't even drafted one QB yet, which is a bad way to draft in that format. If it's an 8 team league and he hasn't specified, that's a non issue to my advice, that is an anomaly and should be clearly stated. If there are some funky scoring rules that take away value from the QB's, then again, that needs to be stated. I am basing this on a pretty standard scoring format.
Thanks for agreeing with me ;)

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

Steelersxx6
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Steelersxx6 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:35 pm

Sorry, it is a 12 team league
K:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:48 pm

Steelersxx6 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:35 pm Sorry, it is a 12 team league
Get Wilson. If Rodgers is there in the next round, get him too. You want to lock down at least 3 starting QB's. There's only 32 of them, and some of them you don't want, either. You will be glad you did later on. In a 2 QB league Mahomes should be the 1.01, and Wilson should be a first round startup pick, IMO, 2nd round at worst. To get him in the 4th is robbery.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:05 pm

Steelersxx6 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:35 pm Sorry, it is a 12 team league
Wilson or Rodgers then, and keep pounding QB if they are dropping.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan