JuJu trade build **updated**

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

JuJu trade build **updated**

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:06 am

I have been after JuJu since his rookie year but just can't land him. The JuJu owner said a wide receiver would have to come back in the deal. I have a ton of young assets but I'm struggling with moving any of them. Hoping the community could help me formulate a deal to go get JuJu. The JuJu owner is a huge Nebraska fan and was disappointed to miss out on Ozigbo and needs flyer RB help as well.

My initial thoughts seem light but:

Give: 2020 3rd, 2021 1st (could be a top 5 realistically), Ozigbo, Chris Godwin and Gaskin
Get: JuJu

Thanks for the thoughts and help all!

Updated in the most recent post at the bottom
Last edited by Gator Sens on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: JuJu trade build

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:14 am

that's not even close.
godwin and the far first are the only pieces of note here, the rest is near worthless compared to juju.

i missed out on some players i really like in some drafts, doesn't mean i would undersell one of my best assets to get them. they could be used as sweeteners, but you need something a lot more solid behind them.

godwin, chubb and a first would be more likely to get the talks going, especially if needs help at RB, but expect an even heavier counter, don't know many juju owners who would accept that.

Bubba90
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Bubba90 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:31 am

I agree, that offer wouldn’t even be close or intriguing. Chubb, Kerryon or Guice would have to be involved as a starting offer.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:38 am

I thought about Godwin and Kerryon as a package but struggling with moving both pieces in a deal.

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:40 am

You're gonna have to add quite a bit more. That's a pretty bad offer..

You have plenty of young upside players. I would be packaging a few of those WRs to get Juju. You have more than enough ammo to get this deal done without hurting your team. I don't agree with the above post about giving Chubb though. Chubb is a beast and his value should only go up as he establishes himself more and more.

I would try something like Godwin/Williams/Sutton. Those are some nice pieces but i don't see any of them getting to Juju's level. I would even add that 2020 1st to get it done. None of those guys will be starters for you and you'll still have really nice depth with Ridley, Davis, Kirk, Dede etc. Keep your RBs how they are, you're super solid there. Just package WRs. But if he absolutely wants an RB, toss Guice in there for good measure. Your team is stacked and adding Juju should only help you dominate. Don't be afraid to give up some talented guys to get him.
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:44 am

I doubt Godwin + 2021 1st would be enough for most JuJu owners to sell, especially when you have a ton of young talent at RB and WR. Since you don't want to move Kerryon, I'd try Godwin + Davis + 2021 1st or Godwin + Guice + 2021 1st.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:55 am

I don’t think your original offer is even worth sending. I like the idea of sending two of Godwin/Williams/Ridley/Sutton/Kirk plus either Guice/Kerryon

Or do one of those WR, one RB and your 2021 first
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:03 am

thomasscheeks wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:40 am Just package WRs. But if he absolutely wants an RB, toss Guice in there for good measure.
well sure, but he's dealing with another team (which appears to be weak at RB), not against the stock market.
juju is a stud, and a beast too. he's perfectly fine for teams in a rebuild.
he's the kind of guy you need to overpay for.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:09 am

Thanks for the help all! I'm leaning towards Godwin + Kerryon + Ozigbo (again the owner is high on him) + 2021 2nd (would raise to a 1st if I have to). Struggling with giving up Johnson and I'm certainly not moving Guice now after holding him all last year before I see what he is. Guice is been one of my top guys since college days.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:27 am

still light, even with the first. it is a better start, but if that's all you are prepared to give i doubt you'll get your juju.
i understand not wanting to let go one of your guys, but if you want someone better than them, you have to.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:08 am

JuJu is one of the hottest players in dynasty right now and will be super expensive. I own him on like 4 teams and tried to get him on another recently, offered K.Allen/2020 1st/2nd but was declined with no counter. Most of his owners want more than any owners want to pay.

ChefHerbie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChefHerbie » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:46 am

I'd start with KJ/Godwin/'21 1st. If you know the other owner wants Ozigbo, keep him out and then when he asks you too include him, use it to try to negotiate down on your own pick, or to make it look like you're already working to meet him in the middle.
Team 1 - 10 Team PPR - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

QBs: Wentz, Big Ben, Darnold, Murray, Bridgewater
RBs: Chubb, Mack, L. Miller, Monty, Foreman, Henderson, Ballage, Armstead, R. Anderson
WRs: OBJ, K. Allen, Cooks, ARob, Z. Jones, Chark, K. White, D. Robinson, McLaurin
TE: Howard, Njoku, Reed

Picks:
2020: 1-4
2021: 1-4
2022: 1-4

Team 2 - 10 Team PPR SF - QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1SF

QBs: Mayfield, Watson, Jimmy GQ, Grier
RBs: Barkley, Sony, Lewis, D. Thompson, Love
WRs: Thomas, OBJ, AB, Kupp, ARob, C. Ridley, Alshon, MVS, Chark, Gordon, McLaurin, Quinn
TE: Burton, Walker

Picks:
2020: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3
2021: 1, 3
2022: 1-3

Team 3 - 10 Team PPR - QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX

QBs: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, Murray, Grier
RBs: Ballage, Henderson, Hunt, Hill, Armstead, Anderson, Williams, Thompson, Crockett
WRs: Nuk, Evans, Cooper, Cooks, Samuel, Butler, Chark, Quinn, Robinson, D. Johnson, Morgan Jr.
TEs: Fant, Dissly, Goedert

Picks:
2020: 1-4
2021: 1-4
2022: 1-4

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:29 pm

I offered Godwin, Kerryon, 2021 1st, 2nd and Ozigbo...no go

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:43 pm

So I'm new here and new to dynasty. I see you give a lot of advice here, which I generally think is solid and I appreciate it myself when I need guidance. Given all that, I'm glad (Sorry not sorry haha) that you also struggle with this. You've built a great team and you have the ability to overpay for Juju, yet your emotions are interfering, as is somewhat expected. Personally, I'd deal Guice, KJ and Godwin and a 2020 1st for Juju, but I see him as special. I have also had no luck in acquiring him. I was told it would have to be Barkley+ which def isn't going to happen.

(Half my league doesn't understand valuations hence my 6 2020 1st, the other half is crazy like a guy wanted a 2020 1st + a "top tier" WR for Rodgers in a 1QB league)
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:58 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:43 pm So I'm new here and new to dynasty. I see you give a lot of advice here, which I generally think is solid and I appreciate it myself when I need guidance. Given all that, I'm glad (Sorry not sorry haha) that you also struggle with this. You've built a great team and you have the ability to overpay for Juju, yet your emotions are interfering, as is somewhat expected. Personally, I'd deal Guice, KJ and Godwin and a 2020 1st for Juju, but I see him as special. I have also had no luck in acquiring him. I was told it would have to be Barkley+ which def isn't going to happen.

(Half my league doesn't understand valuations hence my 6 2020 1st, the other half is crazy like a guy wanted a 2020 1st + a "top tier" WR for Rodgers in a 1QB league)
Barkley +!! Wow, that's steep. I get it, JuJu is extremely young and looks fantastic. Very tough time to try and acquire JuJu. I have built this team through years of trades and drafting and do really struggle to move a bunch of pieces/overpay for any player, glad I'm not alone there. Nice work on the 6 1sts next year! That draft will be fun for you.