Drop John Ross?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Drop John Ross?

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:03 am

Kkiddynamite wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:03 am Even if Moore does start ahead of DK I still dont see him as being lineup worthy or more than a stash... when looking at stash candidates I want the guy with the most upside, for me thats Ross.
fair enough, but for me he isn't, i haven't seen enough from him to get any excitement at all.
third year jump happens, but it doesn't mean it will change a mediocre WR in a world beater.
a new offense can be good if the player catches up quickly with it. allegedly, he was struggling with that.
lowest catch percentage of any receiver with 43 targets or more last season.
one of the highest drop ratio if not the highest (can't be arsed to check).
speed guy with 10.0 YPC.

i'd drop him for a bag of crisps.

Kkiddynamite
Captain
Captain

Postby Kkiddynamite » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:38 am

Id have to roster 150 players to feel comfortable about starting Moore. Sea liked him so much they brought in DK,Jennings, and Ursua....likely will throw it less than any team in the NFL so he would have to be a full time starter and extremely efficient. Not saying Ross will be either, but with the draft capital and $$ they have invested theyd be wise to give him every opportunity to succeed. If he can put it together he will produce solid numbers... hes also hot the highest value. If you were looking to trade him more likely somebody is willing to take a chance and offer something albeit not much for Ross. Dont see anybody buying any of the other guys

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:10 am

Kkiddynamite wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:38 am Id have to roster 150 players to feel comfortable about starting Moore. Sea liked him so much they brought in DK,Jennings, and Ursua....
might have more to do with the fact they had about three WRs on roster, with one being jaron brown...

Kkiddynamite wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:38 amlikely will throw it less than any team in the NFL so he would have to be a full time starter and extremely efficient.

possibly, but their D is weakening, they might be forced to use their best player a bit more (or a bit moore, should i say!)

Kkiddynamite wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:38 amNot saying Ross will be either, but with the draft capital and $$ they have invested theyd be wise to give him every opportunity to succeed. If he can put it together he will produce solid numbers... hes also hot the highest value. If you were looking to trade him more likely somebody is willing to take a chance and offer something albeit not much for Ross. Dont see anybody buying any of the other guys
i assumed he tried to offload him already if he's ready to drop him.
also, IF he can put it together, he'll be dalton's 3rd or 4th target. ouch.

Kkiddynamite
Captain
Captain

Postby Kkiddynamite » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:52 am

Prob be 3a with Mixon 3b if he puts it together. All these guys are dart throws... if new regime does what most expect them to do they should be in more 3 WR sets this year. If both play a full season you think Moore outscores Ross?

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:12 pm

Kkiddynamite wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:52 am Prob be 3a with Mixon 3b if he puts it together. All these guys are dart throws... if new regime does what most expect them to do they should be in more 3 WR sets this year. If both play a full season you think Moore outscores Ross?
i don't think they were too far off last season (points per game), with moore receiving more than twice as many yards, in the team with less passing in the league by far, as many have pointed out.
so yes.

Kkiddynamite
Captain
Captain

Postby Kkiddynamite » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:16 pm

Guess its a gamble on him holding off DK... if he does I agree he may outscore Ross unless he finally puts something together... if he loses the job hes not worth much imo. Just my opinion though. They are all dart throws

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:40 pm

Kkiddynamite wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:16 pmif he loses the job hes not worth much imo.
indeed, but despite the draft capital, ross' job isn't safe either, and he's already the third WR in the offense.

JohnnyBoyRoss
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JohnnyBoyRoss » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Definitely a biased opinion here, was a big ross fan coming out of college, pre combine too. My expectations have tempered after his first two years, but I still think he has rebound potential. While I recognize there are many reasons to be sour on him, he has a few things going on his favor.
1. His rookie year was a waste because of injuries and how awful Marvin Lewis is as a coach.
2. He’s not just a deep threat or “field stretcher” if you go watch his college tape he runs the whole route tree and operates at all three levels. Extremely shifty with the ball in his hands too.
3. Tyler Boyd had a similar sophomore year, minus the TD’s, so there’s another underperforming WR on the same team that was able to turn it around.
The key to ross’ success will be A.) staying healthy (big if)
B.) having Taylor utilize all of his skills rather than just treating him as just a deep threat.
With that being said, i’d Keep ross over all three of the guys mentioned earlier.
Team 1
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
QB: Russ, Foles, Taylor
RB: Henry, Sanders, Fournette, Mostert, Dillon, McCoy, R. Freeman
WR: OBJ, Arob, Deebo, Mike Will, Watkins, Ross, Pettis
TE:Olsen, Dissly, Ian Thomas

Team 2
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
Qb: Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Foles, Tyrod, Trubisky, Herbert, Winston
Rb: Chubb, Drake, Dobbins, Bell, Dillon, Penny, R. Freeman
Wr: Thomas, Evans, Chark, AJ Green, Ruggs, Ross
Te: Rudolph, Thomas, Oliver

Team 3
1 PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Superflex 1 Flex 12 teams
Qb: Rogers, Mayfield, Brady
Rb: MGIII, David Johnson, Hunt, Coleman, Mostert, McKinnon, Howard, Mattison, L. Murray
Wr: Adams, Evans, Robinson, Cooks, AJG, Ruggs, J. Brown, Edelman, Van Jefferson
Te: Goedert, Ebron, Thomas, Keene

SHIZZLE
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby SHIZZLE » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:25 pm

I have Ross as well...I am waiting to see what he does this year as well.....MAKE OR BREAK
12 team PPR
QB- Lamar, Burrow, Richardson
WR- K. Allen, Garrett Wilson, Pickens, OBJ, DeVonta Smith, Wan'dale, Tillman
RB- McCaffrey, Chubb, Sanders, Dobbins, Brian Robinson, Roschon, Ford, Rodriguez
TE- Henry, Knox, Ferguson, Laporta, Darnell washington
K- Butker
DST- Steelers, eagles

2024 picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th

1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 FLEX (WR/RB/TE), K, DST -------1 pt. - PPR

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:24 pm

I can see the thought behind keeping him over those other 3. I’m just not a Ross believer at all. I’ve seen reports where they are going to move Moore all over the field this year, so he may have better production, thus why I picked him. But this offseason talk doesn't mean anything until training camp and preseason.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:45 pm

I didn’t read the rest of the comments but i think I’d rather have Quinn
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (TS), Levis (TS), Bagent, Hall, Rudolph, Fromm
RB: Roschon (TS), Allgeier, Hill, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell, K. Harris, E. Wilson
WR: Addison, London, Jmo, Shaheed, Reed (TS), Pop D, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Austin, Gipson, Melton,
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (TS), Trautman, Gray, Jordan
2024: 1.01, 1.07, 2.04, 2.10, 2.11, 3.01, 3.06, 3.07, 3.11
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:16 pm

I’d drop him for Quinn, but agree with the folks above who suggested dropping Crowder instead.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:30 am

M-Dub wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:16 pm I’d drop him for Quinn, but agree with the folks above who suggested dropping Crowder instead.
In curious about this....the Jets are going to pay Crowder 17 mil guarenteed over the next two seasons. You don't think that financial investment warrants at least holding Crowder for one season to see how the Jets use him? Sure Bell will suck up some targets but none of Anderson, Enunwa or Herndon are anything close to a sure thing.

Kkiddynamite
Captain
Captain

Postby Kkiddynamite » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:51 am

Im holding Crowder as well. He will start in the slot. Even if you arent a fan or believer... wait and hope for 6 good games then flip him. His value can only go up at this point

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:18 am

No way I’m dropping Crowder before Ross. Surprised by those comments.