2019 Team Outlook

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
SaQuads_9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

2019 Team Outlook

Postby SaQuads_9 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:29 pm

I am new to the forum and dynasty but i have seen a lot of good advice on this site, so thanks in advance!

Looking at the team in my signature (just completed our first rookie draft), I am looking to get some feedback on the competitiveness for my team this year and recommendations on roster advice.
Team 1: 12 Team, PPR (.5 Point), 34 player roster: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLEX, DST (Year 4)
2020 Champ!

QB: J. Allen,Haskins,Huntley
RB: Saquon,Kamara,Dillion,Sanders,JRob,Snell,Hyde,Foreman,D. Jackson,Phillips
WR: Jefferson, Higgins,KA,Thielin,Ridley,Davis,Gallup,Dyami,A. Tate,N'Keal,Quez,Ruggs,Jennings,DPJ,Treadwell
TE: Knox,J. Smith,Ebron,Tyree, Harris,
2022 Picks: 4,4,

Team 2: 10 Team, PPR (.5 Point): 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 2FLEX, SF (Year 1)

QB: Stafford,Ryan,Lance,Darnold,Love,Minshew,Winston
RB: Mixon,Swift,Jones,Dobbins,Dillon, Javonte, Mitchell, Herbert, Jamaal W,Guice
WR: DK,Lamb,AJB,Jeudy,T. Higgins,JuJu,Sutton,Marshall,R. Moore,Gage,Cephus,Quez,Osborn,Pascal
TE: Fant, Knox, Kmet,Hurst,Njoku,Bryant,
DEF: KC, SEA, IND
22 Picks: 2
23 Picks: 1,2,2

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2019 Team Outlook

Postby thomasscheeks » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:39 pm

You should be fine. It's hard to know how competitive you'll be without seeing all the teams, but it shouldn't matter much with Brees, Saquon, Thomas, Cook, Ridley and Ebron. You should be at least a top 4 team.

Your depth is lacking pretty bad though and being forced to start Sanders could affect you early on. Maybe AP starts the season while Guice gets fully healthy, and Sanders takes the reigns mid season? Maybe you'll get lucky and have a strong RB2 all season. lol

But overall, strong start up. Plenty of young talent. Just sit back and make the occasional good trade. You're set up for success
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:39 pm

You have some nice pieces to build around but are still a couple years away in my opinion. Not having a 1st in 2020 hurts a bit but hopefully you can make some moves this season that help you long term. I would try to move a fair amount of pieces out if you can find a decent return. Maybe ask the Guice owner about AP? I would move: Lee, Stills, Doctson, David Moore, any RB outside of Barkley and Sanders. I would sell Ebron high now. The biggest issue I see is not having a ton of good pieces to move but hopefully you can find a couple of deals. Dynasty takes time to figure out. I would hold your future 1st round picks for a while to help get some useful depth and options. Again, you have some solid pieces to build around but need some help and picks over the next 2 years. Picks will be cheaper in 2021, so I would go that route for some of the lesser value players.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:55 pm

RB depth behind Barkley is iffy, as it's uncertain how productive Sanders will be as a rookie given that he's missed all of OTAs with a hamstring injury. WR depth is also shaky behind Ridley. I think you can make the playoffs, but I'm not sure that you're a strong contender unless Sanders and Ridley really step up, and you don't suffer any injuries.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

hudini33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby hudini33 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:04 pm

What Ditka said.

I think you have a great core going, but need some depth, you'll be a fringe playoff team, could be really good if Sanders and a couple other hit
No One 12-team, 21 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, D/ST, K) 0-0 EST. 2017

2018, 2021 Champion

QB: Hurts, Z Wilson, Minshew, Heinecke
RB: Zeke, Ekeler, Patterson, J Robinson, Pollard, Jamal Williams
WR: Diggs, Sutton, Metcalf, McLaurin, Mooney, V. Jefferson, M. Jones
TE: Andrews, Knox, Freiermuth
D/ST: Packers, Cardinals

2022 Picks: 1.12, 2.12, 3.03, 3.12
2023 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 3

2018 and 2021 Champion.
2020 Runner-up

Rookie Class Heroes 10-team, 30 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX) 0-0 EST. 2020

QB: Baker, Fields, Ryan, Darnold
RB: Dobbins, Jacobs, Harris, Herbert, , Bernard, J. Wilson, Kelley
WR: DJ Moore, Sutton, Waddle, Mooney, N. Collins, V. Jefferson, B. Edwards, D. Brown, Reynolds, Duvernay, Agholor, Mims, G Wilson, Pickens, Burks
TE: Engram, Kmet, Freiermuth, Tremble

2022 Picks: 1.08, 2.04, 2.09, 3.02, 4.04
2023 Picks: 1, 1, 3, 4

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:26 pm

Was feeling pretty good until I saw no 2020 1st.

Still not a bad team by any means. RB depth may be an issue.
Let's take a look at it position by position

Qb: normally I'm against rostering 3qbs in a 1qb league but I like what you have there. Brees may be on his last year and rolling with Allen and Haskins in the future is good. Where did you draft Haskins?

RB: obviously your seemingly weakest position but at least you have the number 1 asset in fantasy football with saquan. Sanders is a rookie that I like for 2020 and beyond. Ap and Breida could fill in. If you desire to compete in 2019 I'd look to Target the likes of D Freeman, ingram, or Miller. Those three should put up good numbers this year but value may be low due to long term production fears. Given your team having AP and love you may also look into acquiring guice. Though he's probably too expensive.

Wr: love your starters but you have a depth issue.

Te: too many rostered Imo, but I'm fine with them (except Cox)

Dst/k: I see no reason to keep more than 1 each.

Draft picks: not having 2020 1st is a killer here. You need depth and won't have a first in the draft class.

My suggestion: I'd actually suggest trading saquan here. His value won't be higher than it is now. I'd look to get multiple pieces, and my first Target would be the team with your own 2020 1st. Is offer saquan for 2 2020 1st and a solid wr along the level of cooks. (What pieces does that team have)
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

SaQuads_9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SaQuads_9 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:44 am

abloom wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:26 pm Was feeling pretty good until I saw no 2020 1st.

Still not a bad team by any means. RB depth may be an issue.
Let's take a look at it position by position

Qb: normally I'm against rostering 3qbs in a 1qb league but I like what you have there. Brees may be on his last year and rolling with Allen and Haskins in the future is good. Where did you draft Haskins?

RB: obviously your seemingly weakest position but at least you have the number 1 asset in fantasy football with saquan. Sanders is a rookie that I like for 2020 and beyond. Ap and Breida could fill in. If you desire to compete in 2019 I'd look to Target the likes of D Freeman, ingram, or Miller. Those three should put up good numbers this year but value may be low due to long term production fears. Given your team having AP and love you may also look into acquiring guice. Though he's probably too expensive.

Wr: love your starters but you have a depth issue.

Te: too many rostered Imo, but I'm fine with them (except Cox)

Dst/k: I see no reason to keep more than 1 each.

Draft picks: not having 2020 1st is a killer here. You need depth and won't have a first in the draft class.

My suggestion: I'd actually suggest trading saquan here. His value won't be higher than it is now. I'd look to get multiple pieces, and my first Target would be the team with your own 2020 1st. Is offer saquan for 2 2020 1st and a solid wr along the level of cooks. (What pieces does that team have)
QB: Reached a little for Haskins with the 2.9 pick but long term i liked the upside and didn't like any of the other people available without reaching for another position.

RB: I did discuss a trade with the Guice owner but not to acquire as i assumed it would be to expensive, but i will now. He did have interest in getting AP/Love for something like Donta Foreman/Boykin but those discussions are still ongoing.

TE: Since we have such a deep roster i decided to add cox here as a developmental player. We have a practice squad that we need to cut by labor day weekend so he may get shifted to that.

DST/K: The league requires us to roster 2 of each :wall:

Suggestion: That team only has Alshon and Thielen at that level. Although they do have viable RB with Cook and L. Miller. Still not sure i could stomach trading saquan and his generational talent (and being a PSU Fan does not help :lol: )
Team 1: 12 Team, PPR (.5 Point), 34 player roster: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLEX, DST (Year 4)
2020 Champ!

WR: Jefferson, Higgins,KA,Thielin,Ridley,Davis,Gallup,Dyami,A. Tate,N'Keal,Quez,Ruggs,Jennings,DPJ,Treadwell

RB: Mixon,Swift,Jones,Dobbins,Dillon, Javonte, Mitchell, Herbert, Jamaal W,Guice
WR: DK,Lamb,AJB,Jeudy,T. Higgins,JuJu,Sutton,Marshall,R. Moore,Gage,Cephus,Quez,Osborn,Pascal

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:54 am

(1) holy crap forced to roster 2? lol thats kinda funny. Guess it kinda artificially boosts the better DSTs.

(2) Haskins at 2.9 is fine imo. It varries from league to league but I like him there. I ended up grabbing him in one league at 4.10 (traded a 2020 3rd for 4.10 and 5.02).

(3) I guess I'd look to do it for Thielen and then try to trade Thielen. You could mention to them that Miller likely won't be a viable RB after this year, and Barkley will give him Barkley and Cook for the forseable future.

(4) Ultimately if you like Barkley, keep him, root for your team and get your guys (its fantasy afterall).

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

SaQuads_9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SaQuads_9 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:13 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:39 pm You have some nice pieces to build around but are still a couple years away in my opinion. Not having a 1st in 2020 hurts a bit but hopefully you can make some moves this season that help you long term. I would try to move a fair amount of pieces out if you can find a decent return. Maybe ask the Guice owner about AP? I would move: Lee, Stills, Doctson, David Moore, any RB outside of Barkley and Sanders. I would sell Ebron high now. The biggest issue I see is not having a ton of good pieces to move but hopefully you can find a couple of deals. Dynasty takes time to figure out. I would hold your future 1st round picks for a while to help get some useful depth and options. Again, you have some solid pieces to build around but need some help and picks over the next 2 years. Picks will be cheaper in 2021, so I would go that route for some of the lesser value players.
What would you look to unload most of these guys for? 2nd rounders (outside of Ebron) ?
2020 Champ!

SaQuads_9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SaQuads_9 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 am

Few updates (team 1 in sig). The team has flopped this year so i have made a few moves to move players to get younger and get some first rounders back.

Gave: AP and 4th
Received: Rojo

Gave: Brandon Cooks
Received: Nkeal, Ballage, 2020 first (projected mid to late)

Gave: Breida, KYLE Allen
Received: 2020 first (projected late) and Jace Sternberger
Last edited by SaQuads_9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
2020 Champ!

CooperCrush
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CooperCrush » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:56 am

Zachwithnh wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 am Few updates. The team has flopped this year so i have made a few moves to move players to get younger and get some first rounders back.

Gave: Breida, K. Allen
I like the 1st two trades you made alot, but do not like the K. Allen one.
Team 1: 1 PPR- 1 qb, 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 d, 1k

QB: Herber, Rodgers, Lawrence
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Walker, J Cook, Kamara, Dobbins, Mixon, Ford
WR: AJB, DK, Godwin, Higgins, Pittman, London, J Williams, Sutton, Mooney,
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Henry
2024 picks: 1.1 and 1.9

Team 2: 12 team 1 PPR-1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 flex
25 team rosters

Team 2
QB:Allen, Fields, Carr
RB: CMC, Swift, JT, ETN, LF, Hines, Allgeier, Benjamin
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Boyd, M Brown, Claypool, ARSB, osbourne, C Davis, Wakins,
TE: Waller, Engram, L Thomas

Team 3 48 teams:half PPR- 1qb (6pts TD), 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 2flex, 1d, 1pk
QB: Wilson, Josh Allen
RB: Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Montgomery, Henderson, Pollard, Bernard, R Freeman, L Miller
WR: Godwin, AJ Brown, ARob, Ridley, Chark, C Davis, JJAW, Ross
TE: Hooper, Herndon, Knox, Oliver, Jonnu
Def: Bills, Saints
PK: Lambo

SaQuads_9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SaQuads_9 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:05 am

CooperCrush wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:56 am
Zachwithnh wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 am Few updates. The team has flopped this year so i have made a few moves to move players to get younger and get some first rounders back.

Even in a 1QB league? Any particular reason why?
2020 Champ!

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:10 am

Zachwithnh wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:05 am

You mean Kyle Allen and not Keenan Allen here right?

I'm guessing that could be the confusion.

I like your trades assuming K. Allen is Kyle and not Keenan. Also I'd look at selling Ballage ASAP

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

CooperCrush
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CooperCrush » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:19 am

I was thinking Keenan Allen. If this is Kyle Allen, then I love all three trades for you.
Team 1: 1 PPR- 1 qb, 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 d, 1k

QB: Herber, Rodgers, Lawrence
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Walker, J Cook, Kamara, Dobbins, Mixon, Ford
WR: AJB, DK, Godwin, Higgins, Pittman, London, J Williams, Sutton, Mooney,
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Henry
2024 picks: 1.1 and 1.9

Team 2: 12 team 1 PPR-1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 flex
25 team rosters

Team 2
QB:Allen, Fields, Carr
RB: CMC, Swift, JT, ETN, LF, Hines, Allgeier, Benjamin
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Boyd, M Brown, Claypool, ARSB, osbourne, C Davis, Wakins,
TE: Waller, Engram, L Thomas

Team 3 48 teams:half PPR- 1qb (6pts TD), 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 2flex, 1d, 1pk
QB: Wilson, Josh Allen
RB: Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Montgomery, Henderson, Pollard, Bernard, R Freeman, L Miller
WR: Godwin, AJ Brown, ARob, Ridley, Chark, C Davis, JJAW, Ross
TE: Hooper, Herndon, Knox, Oliver, Jonnu
Def: Bills, Saints
PK: Lambo

SaQuads_9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SaQuads_9 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:19 am

abloom wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:10 am

You mean Kyle Allen and not Keenan Allen here right?

I'm guessing that could be the confusion.

I like your trades assuming K. Allen is Kyle and not Keenan. Also I'd look at selling Ballage ASAP
Oops, yeah def Kyle Allen not Keenan (updated in post).

I have tried to move ballage with little success since he hasnt shown anything this year. I am guessing i will need to cross my fingers he shows well this weekend and try and move him before our deadline on 11/14.
2020 Champ!