Make any moves?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Make any moves?

Postby Jcedwards » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:55 pm

I know this might be a crazy question given the makeup of my roster, but do any changes need to be made?

I’ve got a stacked roster, but of course, I’m always looking to improve it. I had originally thought about shopping Jones, but I’m very high on him I recently read where the Pack will heavily involve RBs, so barring injury, I think he can move into the elite tier of RB’s.

1.) Should I look at upgrading my backup QB? I like Jameis (big FSU fan), but time may be running out for him if he doesn’t show anything this year. He has the weapons and Arians on his side, so it’s now or never for him.

2.) Should I look at a better WR4? I have good depth at WR, but should I attempt to upgrade at WR4 or just roll with it? Kirk and Sutton have potential, but they are both somewhat unproven right now. Fitz had a down year last year (moreso because of a terrible O-line and Rosen), but could bounce back.

Any other input is welcome as well.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Make any moves?

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:10 pm

Your team looks to be in great shape. I would not worry about upgrading your backup QB. Kirk should make for a very solid WR4. However, I would look to move Fitzgerald and Cobb for extra picks in the future. I don't see wither having much value but who knows what you might get. Sutton being on your taxi squad is a nice piece too.

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:29 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:10 pm Your team looks to be in great shape. I would not worry about upgrading your backup QB. Kirk should make for a very solid WR4. However, I would look to move Fitzgerald and Cobb for extra picks in the future. I don't see wither having much value but who knows what you might get. Sutton being on your taxi squad is a nice piece too.
Appreciate the input. I’ve had both Cobb and Fitz on the trade block and haven’t gotten any bites on them. I recently removed Fitz from it, because I felt like he could potentially help me this year, with me being a contender. Cobb is still on there there. But yea it’s a luxury being able to keep Sutton on taxi. Can always activate him if needed.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:36 pm

Jcedwards wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:29 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:10 pm Your team looks to be in great shape. I would not worry about upgrading your backup QB. Kirk should make for a very solid WR4. However, I would look to move Fitzgerald and Cobb for extra picks in the future. I don't see wither having much value but who knows what you might get. Sutton being on your taxi squad is a nice piece too.
Appreciate the input. I’ve had both Cobb and Fitz on the trade block and haven’t gotten any bites on them. I recently removed Fitz from it, because I felt like he could potentially help me this year, with me being a contender. Cobb is still on there there. But yea it’s a luxury being able to keep Sutton on taxi. Can always activate him if needed.
I can see them not getting any interest on the trade market as of now. Hopefully Cobb has a good game or two out of the gates. David Moore may also make a bit of a jump for you this year and could make for a deep deep option pending injury and bye weeks.

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:48 am

Anyone else think that I am fine with Winston or should I look to change out backup QB's before Winston gets replaced (probably not this year, since the backup is Gabbert now) or does something stupid again?

I thought about packaging him for a better QB (was looking at Wilson), but I think I'd have to give an overpay (like Sutton or Kirk), but not sure it is even worth it simply for a backup QB,. I'm set for the future with Mahomes, but just was looking to get some long term stability at backup and not sure on Winston.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:02 am

I wouldn't be looking to upgrade your QB2 spot if it would be an overpay. If you are able to move say Cobb, you might want to consider the unsexy but potentially useful idea of rostering some of your RB handcuffs. Is Dexter Williams available, for example, or did someone snag him? I like the Mixon / Gio combo, but Cincy drafted two RBs late that may be worth a look. How about Wayne Gallman? Is he available or can he be had for cheap-ish?
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

AZCardsFan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby AZCardsFan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:03 am

Jcedwards wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:48 am Anyone else think that I am fine with Winston or should I look to change out backup QB's before Winston gets replaced (probably not this year, since the backup is Gabbert now) or does something stupid again?

I thought about packaging him for a better QB (was looking at Wilson), but I think I'd have to give an overpay (like Sutton or Kirk), but not sure it is even worth it simply for a backup QB,. I'm set for the future with Mahomes, but just was looking to get some long term stability at backup and not sure on Winston.
You’re fine with a Mahomes in a 1QB league. Jaboo is fine to cover Mahomes’ BYE week...or you should be able to add one off waivers if you get desperate. I wouldn’t ‘invest’ in a backup QB.
Team-1:

SFlex/PPR/TEPrem/Devy

Baker-Wilson-Dak-Trevor*
Ito-Hines-Darwin
Cooks-Kupp-Pettis-Kirk-MVS-Mecole-Agholor-Patrick
OJH-Gesicki-RSJ

Team 2:

1QB/PPR

Brady-Stafford
CMC-AJones-Sanders-McKinnon-Latavius
Cooper-Diggs-Arob-Dede-Marvin-Djax
Cook

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:06 am

Paul717 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:02 am I wouldn't be looking to upgrade your QB2 spot if it would be an overpay. If you are able to move say Cobb, you might want to consider the unsexy but potentially useful idea of rostering some of your RB handcuffs. Is Dexter Williams available, for example, or did someone snag him? I like the Mixon / Gio combo, but Cincy drafted two RBs late that may be worth a look. How about Wayne Gallman? Is he available or can he be had for cheap-ish?
All of those options are taken. Dexter, Rodney Anderson, and Trayveon Williams are all rostered. Not sure what it would take to get any of them. Gallman is rostered, but I would imagine it would be cheap to acquire him. Are we sure that he would be the main back if Barkley was to go down, or would they use some combination in that instance?

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:48 am

So I have been able to invest in both of my “worries” about my team without giving up much.

1.) I was able to trade pennies for Dalton. He might not be a great option and probably will never see my lineup, but I do like rostering 3 QBs (just in case something happens). We have roster max’s and I’m at it the max at WR and TE, so really only RB and QB are an option for my last spot. No RBs on the wire are worth anything, while no other notable QBs were available either (Fitzpatrick’s the best available)

2.) Was able to solidify my WR4 by trading Coutee and a couple draft picks for Tyler Lockett.

Thank you all for your advice.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 am

Jcedwards wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:48 am So I have been able to invest in both of my “worries” about my team without giving up much.

1.) I was able to trade pennies for Dalton. He might not be a great option and probably will never see my lineup, but I do like rostering 3 QBs (just in case something happens). We have roster max’s and I’m at it the max at WR and TE, so really only RB and QB are an option for my last spot. No RBs on the wire are worth anything, while no other notable QBs were available either (Fitzpatrick’s the best available)

2.) Was able to solidify my WR4 by trading Coutee and a couple draft picks for Tyler Lockett.

Nicely done. Go win the ship now.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:36 am

Paul717 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 am
Jcedwards wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:48 am So I have been able to invest in both of my “worries” about my team without giving up much.

Nicely done. Go win the ship now.
Appreciate it. That's what I'm shooting for. I have the best roster on paper, but of course that doesn't mean anything when the games are actually played. Last year (with mainly the same roster), I dominated the regular season (12-1) and was the favorite for the championship. However, due to a couple of injuries and having a bad week, I was beat in the quarterfinals. So my plan all offseason has been to help build depth, so when injuries arise, I'm more prepared.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker