Rookie Draft Grade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Rookie Draft Grade

Grade A
32%
Grade B
60%
Grade C
8%

Total votes: 25

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Rookie Draft Grade

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:27 pm

Should have taken Harry
But amazing trade

B

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:51 pm

Bit of a pet peeve of mine here. I wouldnt peg this team as a favorite but in no way is it 0%. Lotta IFs, but I’d the stars allign? Plenty of WRs with some really high ceilings. If LF and guice are healthy all year and perform? This team could be just fine.

You can have an absolutely stacked team and still have less than 50/50 shot at a title, in my experience.

Anywho, to the original question: I go B-. I would have been looking to make more moves I think. To get an A grade in my book it has to include getting players well past their ADP/rank, or making multiple high value trades. Think you did pretty well to grab Monty and sanders and a 1st next year.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm

For a 10 team league, your team isn’t what I would consider a strong team, probably on the playoff bubble more likely than not and that’s if you have 6 teams make the playoffs. I would have to think 3 or 4 owners in your league have pretty dominate teams. You don’t have any top tier studs on your team and that is pretty hard to do in a 10 team league. But, I mostly liked your draft, I’m not sold on any of the top rookie WRs and would have taking Sanders and Montgomery. Don’t like Hardman, unless you get points for return yards, nice work getting a 2020 1st rounder for that pick.

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:03 pm

PhillySpecial wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:54 pm If you make the playoffs then your chances of a championship greatly increase from 0%. I am playoff bound with this team and will hold out hope that may young players develop in 2019.
I can’t blame you for having hope in your own team. But as someone who is objective, I give that team like a 5% chance to even make the playoffs.

But that’s okay cause you have a lot of young guys and if you just keep building that can be a good team for a long time.

It’s just going to take a couple years. Good luck!
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

PhillySpecial
Captain
Captain

Postby PhillySpecial » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:13 am

I am glad I started this post. Great feedback and I appreciate that everyone took the time to share some thoughts. Having the community adding feedback is what puts us ahead of our competitors so thanks again.

2019 Season - I agree I am optimistic with a lot of RB2/WR2 depth on my team and no real RB1/WR1 studs. I believe I have more depth than the other teams in my league and I also have one of the youngest teams in the league. These points should help me compete for the next 3 - 5 years while still holding my early draft picks in 2020 and 2021. Maybe 2019 is just a little too early to win the championship. We do start 2 RB, 2 WR and 3 flex so havings 4 'solid' RB's to choose from and starting Cooper, Golladay, Godwin, Mike Williams and Landry on a weekly basis puts me in very good position and will hold an advantage over the other owners.

2019 Rookie Draft - I read that I reached on McLaurin at pick 22 and yes I did. I did not have another pick until pick 42 so I wanted to get my guy. I think playing with his college QB, his athletic profile and the open depth chart should give McLaurin an opportunity to compete rght away. The players drafted after McLaurin were Mattison, Sternberger, Snell, Jordan Reed and Demarkus Robinson - so I did not miss out on much talent. I know he lacked in college production but I wanted his potential upside since we hold 3 flex positions.

Any thoughts on Rodney Anderson? Do I hold him or shop him to the Mixon owner? I think grabbing him at pick 42 was a nice draft day move.
10 Team. PPR. 25 player roster. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF, 1D
QB - Justin Herbert. Anthony Richardson. Geno Smith. Sam Howell.
RB - Saquon Barkley. JK Dobbins. Tony Pollard. Leonard Fournette. Kareem Hunt. Devin Singletary. Zamir White. Tyjae Sharp. Jaylen Warren. Jerome Ford. Zach Evans. Chris Rodriquez.
WR - AJ Brown. DK Metcalf. Chris Godwin. Deebo Samuel. Amon Ra St Brown. Courtland Sutton.
TE - Darren Waller. Pat Freiermuth. Evan Engram.

2024 - 1st. 4th.
2025 - 1st. 4th.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:24 am

Well if Anderson dropped so far in the draft he's clearly not that highly valued by the rest of the league, so shopping him is kind of pointless. Before the injuries he was a string contender for #1 RB in this class, and has a lot of talent so you are best just holding for now and seeing if he becomes something.