Blockbuster Michael Thomas Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Pick a Side (10 Team PPR)

Jarvis Landry, 3 2020 1st, 2020 2nd
63%
Michael Thomas
38%

Total votes: 40

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Re: Blockbuster Michael Thomas Trade

Postby DLF_TylerK » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:50 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:40 am Interesting how the poll likes the Landry side but the comments like the Thomas side. Seems a little rich to me.
That is interesting to me. I do favor the comments over the polls because I know I misread polls sometimes and don't take into account league settings or starting requirements. If I comment, I've definitely read it over closely so it's interesting. Also, in this case, this league is not typical of a "normal" league on here, so I trust comments even more because in a normal 12 team league with 7-8 WR/RB starters, this is the Landry side by a good amount, so I could see people voting that way without thinking it over too much.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Postby DLF_TylerK » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:52 am

ChefHerbie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:21 am
afrye1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:54 am
jkid2 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:10 pm Glad it seems like I did a good job here. How much does the fact that we only start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 2 Flex matter? I feel like most 1 QB dynasty leagues start at least 7 RB/WR positions if not 8-9. This league seems to be so stud heavy with so few starters. It makes values weird.
I think this was a pretty good trade for both sides. I’m in a league with the same number of teams and the same starting requirements. When I started out I would’ve never given that much up for one player. I’ve come to learn, especially when it comes to rbs for my league, that’s the price I’m gonna have to pay. It’s all about studs in 10 teamers. For reference, I have 2 offeres on the table for studs. I offered kittle, tevin Coleman, Mitchtrubisky ,2.09, 2 2020 firsts for Barkley. Its the number one dynasty asset. The other offer I received which I’m still debating cuz it’s a lot for a “stud” is 2 2019 firsts, 1 2020 first a 2021 first and a 2020 second for Chubb. I’ve come to realize this is just the price you pay in 10 teasers so I like this trade and would rather have the stud.
That is WAY too much for Chubb
Also 100% agree here. Chubb is not a stud in the same way Thomas is. I would pay at most 3 1sts straight up for Chubb even in my 10 team league and that's probably even too much. I've learned lately to either hold onto draft picks or use them to get the highest end assets.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:53 am

We saw Thomas' ceiling last year. Not a fan of buying him right now, tbh unless it's at a reasonable discount. this doesn't really seem like one to me but I avoid 10 teamers like the plague.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

Dizzle
Starter
Starter

Postby Dizzle » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:32 am

In a 10 team league it's all about those studs. Anyone would kill for a share of just Nuk, MT or Evans on their team and you now have ALL THREE! You win.