Henry or Miles Sanders?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Henry or Miles Sanders

Henry
35%
M. Sanders
65%

Total votes: 48

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Henry or Miles Sanders?

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:20 pm

Henry. Everyone who dislikes him talks about how he produced so much in only a few games, bound to regress, blah blah blah.

What if he keeps the starting job? I want to be holding that opportunity over over the guy who has never played an NFL down (who I also believe in, BTW).
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:27 pm

ChefHerbie wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:00 pm Give me Sanders all day. Henry has gone over 20pts (in ppr) three times in three years (45 reg. season games) and has 1 TD reception in that time. In that same time span, he has gone under 10pts in 28 games. He's over 8X more likely to go under 10pts than he is over 20 in a game.

He had two absolutely monster games and people are acting like he's got a bunch of value. I'd be looking to sell him literally anywhere I owned him.
Yeah Henry had only 1 TD catch. How many 99 yd runs does Sanders have?

Saying this to point out his explosiveness. He has had other 50, 70 yard TD runs too. I'll role with those, roll with what I think will be double digit TDs, and not worry about whether he gets me a few extra points per game for catching the ball.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:56 am

Sanders is my top RB in this draft, has been since well before the combine, where I bumped him up a hair more, and of course before the draft, where I bumped him up a tiny bit (2nd round draft capital is a plus for me). So, I’m highish on sanders.

But this is Henry all day imo. Yes, his critics have a lot of ground to stand on. He’s disappointed before. Week 1-6 he was a dud, and inconsistent for another half of what was left of the year. Don’t blame anyone for knocking him.

I personally *still* don’t quite trust Tenn to feed/use this guy like they should. I know I’m just a amchair fantasy GM but come on already! Take a look at this:

Titans record when Henry’s carries <=7: 3-11
Double digit carries? 18-4
>12? 13-1

I get that this arguments been made, and the counter is that a lot of it is game script, aka it’s an effect rather than a cause, he’s getting carries in games where they’re ahead to kill clock, etc.

To that argument I say, who cares? I said this a year ago on here I think: at some point it’s silly to not give this guy 12+ carries a game regardless of ‘script’, and it’s my opinion that’s he shown more than enough now, that we are at that point.

Inconsistency will always be there to some degree I think, due to him being less involved in the pass game. I do think it levels out some though, as I think the coaching staff there can’t ignore that stretch at the end of the year and give him a shot at more consistent carries.

Bottom line, yeah there’s some risk here, he might put up 6 duds in a row. But he might pick up right where he left off from that fantasy playoff tear. I think it’s safe to suspect it’ll be somewhere in between.

I’ll take those odds over a rookie in a week class all day
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:17 am

Wow, pretty stunning results so far. Wish I had a few Sanders shares. Looks like you can easily get Henry + for him.

ChefHerbie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChefHerbie » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:43 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:27 pm
ChefHerbie wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:00 pm Give me Sanders all day. Henry has gone over 20pts (in ppr) three times in three years (45 reg. season games) and has 1 TD reception in that time. In that same time span, he has gone under 10pts in 28 games. He's over 8X more likely to go under 10pts than he is over 20 in a game.

He had two absolutely monster games and people are acting like he's got a bunch of value. I'd be looking to sell him literally anywhere I owned him.

Saying this to point out his explosiveness. He has had other 50, 70 yard TD runs too. I'll role with those, roll with what I think will be double digit TDs, and not worry about whether he gets me a few extra points per game for catching the ball.
Lol at getting excited because an RB has one 99yd run, congrats? so he has exactly 1 99yd run and 1 TD catch in 45 regular season games. Henry's two longest runs last year other than the 99yd one were 33 and 22, for a grand total of three carries out of 215 that went over 20yds. In 2017 he did admittedly have two 70+yd runs, as well as one for 23 and one for 25. His rookie year, he had one for 22yds. So doing some quick math, your "explosive" RB has had eight carries go for 20+yds in 501 attempts, which equates to a whopping 1.6% chance that Henry breaks a 20yd run when carries the ball. You should also re-watch the 99yd run if you think it was "explosive", because it wasn't. He had two nasty stiff arms which absolute credit to him for, but he was also caught from behind by 2 LBs, which forced him to have to stiff arm them.

Look, Henry has had some nice runs, no doubt. He's in a run happy offense and he's the 1st, 2nd, and GL down back, but that's it. I get that you own him, so I can appreciate that you value the TDs, but I'll take my chances that Sanders is the 3 down back in Philly by his third year (I think it'll be next) and that during that year he manages to find the end zone 8-10 times on the ground, something 15 RBs did this year, and finds it receiving 3 times, some 16 RBs did this year. If he can do that, which based on the number of RBs who did, is basically the league average, then he's likely to quickly surpass Henry with his receiving stats even if he can't catch him on rushing yards. Yes, it's 100% a projection so I respect people saying that they'd hold Henry, but I think the stats on Henry show the risky is easily worth the potential reward with Sanders.
Team 1 - 10 Team PPR - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

QBs: Wentz, Big Ben, Darnold, Murray, Bridgewater
RBs: Chubb, Mack, L. Miller, Monty, Foreman, Henderson, Ballage, Armstead, R. Anderson
WRs: OBJ, K. Allen, Cooks, ARob, Z. Jones, Chark, K. White, D. Robinson, McLaurin
TE: Howard, Njoku, Reed

Picks:
2020: 1-4
2021: 1-4
2022: 1-4

Team 2 - 10 Team PPR SF - QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1SF

QBs: Mayfield, Watson, Jimmy GQ, Grier
RBs: Barkley, Sony, Lewis, D. Thompson, Love
WRs: Thomas, OBJ, AB, Kupp, ARob, C. Ridley, Alshon, MVS, Chark, Gordon, McLaurin, Quinn
TE: Burton, Walker

Picks:
2020: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3
2021: 1, 3
2022: 1-3

Team 3 - 10 Team PPR - QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX

QBs: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, Murray, Grier
RBs: Ballage, Henderson, Hunt, Hill, Armstead, Anderson, Williams, Thompson, Crockett
WRs: Nuk, Evans, Cooper, Cooks, Samuel, Butler, Chark, Quinn, Robinson, D. Johnson, Morgan Jr.
TEs: Fant, Dissly, Goedert

Picks:
2020: 1-4
2021: 1-4
2022: 1-4

AZCardsFan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby AZCardsFan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Thanks for all the input, this inquiry took off more than I thought it would. I’m still holding Sanders as of now but have been thinking of proposing this deal for some time. Love the arguments on both sides.
Team-1:

SFlex/PPR/TEPrem/Devy

Baker-Wilson-Dak-Trevor*
Ito-Hines-Darwin
Cooks-Kupp-Pettis-Kirk-MVS-Mecole-Agholor-Patrick
OJH-Gesicki-RSJ

Team 2:

1QB/PPR

Brady-Stafford
CMC-AJones-Sanders-McKinnon-Latavius
Cooper-Diggs-Arob-Dede-Marvin-Djax
Cook

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:19 pm

the number of people willing to get duped yet again by henry is......surprising
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: Henry or Sanders?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:43 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:00 pm
jomaed wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:56 am Henry. He is more talented, and on a team that wants to run.
Same, poll is pretty surprising. People voting for Sanders would probably love a season like Henry had last year for Sanders. I think odds are 50/50 at best that Sanders gets more carries than Howard this year.

Most of Henry's points came in two games last season. He had two additional weeks were he scored about 15 points, the rest of the time he was a JAG.

And I'd bet that most owners didn't even start him during his big breakout game in Week 14.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:02 pm

ChefHerbie wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:43 am
jetsfan5757 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Lol at getting excited because an RB has one 99yd run, congrats? so he has exactly 1 99yd run and 1 TD catch in 45 regular season games. Henry's two longest runs last year other than the 99yd one were 33 and 22, for a grand total of three carries out of 215 that went over 20yds. In 2017 he did admittedly have two 70+yd runs, as well as one for 23 and one for 25. His rookie year, he had one for 22yds. So doing some quick math, your "explosive" RB has had eight carries go for 20+yds in 501 attempts, which equates to a whopping 1.6% chance that Henry breaks a 20yd run when carries the ball. You should also re-watch the 99yd run if you think it was "explosive", because it wasn't. He had two nasty stiff arms which absolute credit to him for, but he was also caught from behind by 2 LBs, which forced him to have to stiff arm them.

Look, Henry has had some nice runs, no doubt. He's in a run happy offense and he's the 1st, 2nd, and GL down back, but that's it. I get that you own him, so I can appreciate that you value the TDs, but I'll take my chances that Sanders is the 3 down back in Philly by his third year (I think it'll be next) and that during that year he manages to find the end zone 8-10 times on the ground, something 15 RBs did this year, and finds it receiving 3 times, some 16 RBs did this year. If he can do that, which based on the number of RBs who did, is basically the league average, then he's likely to quickly surpass Henry with his receiving stats even if he can't catch him on rushing yards. Yes, it's 100% a projection so I respect people saying that they'd hold Henry, but I think the stats on Henry show the risky is easily worth the potential reward with Sanders.
Henry had a 54 yard TD IN THE SAME GAME!

I don't have time to look up all his other runs and don't know where to easily see how many runs of x yards or more he has. Henry is explosive, his combine showed it, his long runs show it. He has shown it.

I like Sanders. I will try to add him but doubt I will be able to. I would not give Henry to get him.

Good luck to you.