Chance to get OBJ

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Chance to get OBJ

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:55 am

PTW32 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:34 am
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:14 am
PTW32 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:59 am I agree it was reasonable. My question is does it make sense for my team?

I wont win compete even with OBJ without improving my RB position. And idk how i do that with out any picks.
Why don't you think you can compete with that roster in a 12-team league, especially if you upgrade from Moore to Beckham? You should be okay with Cook at RB1 and one of Lindsay/Sanders/Jones at RB2. You have amazing TEs for a 2TE format, and you have enough high-potential young WRs to flex.
I guess compete isnt the right word. I think im a playoff team but the top team is loaded.

Wilson
Zeke
Gordon
Gurley
Hopkins
AB
Cooper
Mike Williams
Njoku
Burton

I dont believe my running back will be able to compete with that.
Gurley is a risk/reward asset right now, Brown should still be good but is iffy in OAK, and Cooper will be as boom or bust as always. You have a clear advantage at TE. I'd pay Moore + the two 1sts for Beckham, and you would definitely have a shot to beat this team.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

TroyH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TroyH » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 am

I think his original offer was a steal for OBJ. But I'm not as high as others on Moore.

I would much rather hold onto the 2020 1sts over you depth at WR. You have plenty of potential but nothing guaranteed. Would he be interested in Moore, Kirk, and a 2020 1st? I feel like that is still a super cheap price for OBJ.
10-Team League, Non-PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, WR/RB/TE)
QB: Love, Watson, Cousins
RB: JT, Kyren, BRob, Roschon, Miles
WR: AJB, Wilson, Waddle, Puka, Higgins, Hopkins, Jeudy, Jameson Williams
TE: Okonkwo, Thomas
2024: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:39 am

TroyH wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 am I think his original offer was a steal for OBJ. But I'm not as high as others on Moore.

I would much rather hold onto the 2020 1sts over you depth at WR. You have plenty of potential but nothing guaranteed. Would he be interested in Moore, Kirk, and a 2020 1st? I feel like that is still a super cheap price for OBJ.
Ive tried just about everything to keep a 1st but he isnt interested in Kirk, Boyd or Keke
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

TroyH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TroyH » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:00 am

PTW32 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:39 am
TroyH wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 am I think his original offer was a steal for OBJ. But I'm not as high as others on Moore.

Ive tried just about everything to keep a 1st but he isnt interested in Kirk, Boyd or Keke
If that's the case then I would make the deal and call it a day before he changes his mind or finds another owner willing to deal. That's still crazy cheap for a young stud like OBJ.
10-Team League, Non-PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, WR/RB/TE)
QB: Love, Watson, Cousins
RB: JT, Kyren, BRob, Roschon, Miles
WR: AJB, Wilson, Waddle, Puka, Higgins, Hopkins, Jeudy, Jameson Williams
TE: Okonkwo, Thomas
2024: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:07 pm

TroyH wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:00 am
PTW32 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:39 am

If that's the case then I would make the deal and call it a day before he changes his mind or finds another owner willing to deal. That's still crazy cheap for a young stud like OBJ.
Just made the trade, got him to throw in Larry Fitzgerald

So OBJ and FItz for DJ Moore and 2 1sts

Updated my Sig with this move and some waiver pick ups

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:28 am

Great trade. I was going to tell you to hustle and make the deal before someone else did. I would have tried including DK to keep 1 of the 2020s, but he may not have gone for that. No idea if you tried...

I still think it was really cheap for OBJ. Two thumbs up.

Now you can still try to trade Howard or Kittle for an RB if you want, but you don't have to worry about OBJ getting away.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:36 am

Looking ahead, you get to protect 8 players: Baker Mayfield, Dalvin Cook, Miles Sanders, Odell Beckham Jr., Brandin Cooks, Chris Godwin/Kenny Golladay (1 of these 2, I would go Golladay), George Kittle, O.J. Howard (you could also keep the other WR and dump Howard).

If you're really playing the long game, I would try to consolidate 1 player further. Do one more 2 for 1 trade. Or even try to deal for picks (assuming rookie draft will be separate from expansion draft and rookie picks will still hold their value. Getting an extra 1st could be a sneaky way to "keep" one more player without it counting towards your 8 man roster.)

If you have not discussed what happens with rookies and rookie draft in the year of the expansion, I suggest doing that ASAP.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:41 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:28 am Great trade. I was going to tell you to hustle and make the deal before someone else did. I would have tried including DK to keep 1 of the 2020s, but he may not have gone for that. No idea if you tried...

I still think it was really cheap for OBJ. Two thumbs up.

Now you can still try to trade Howard or Kittle for an RB if you want, but you don't have to worry about OBJ getting away.
The OBJ trade was in a different league than the one that I own DK.

I ended up trading Hunter Henry, Boyd and Rojo for Golladay, Callaway, a 2nd and a 3rd.

My running backs took another hit but my receivers are pretty loaded and i have some flex depth and 2 2nds i might try to move for a running back at somepoint.

I'll probably keep both Howard and Kittle for now and see if i can make a run at the title in the two years I have left before the 2nd TE spot is removed.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:49 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:36 am Looking ahead, you get to protect 8 players: Baker Mayfield, Dalvin Cook, Miles Sanders, Odell Beckham Jr., Brandin Cooks, Chris Godwin/Kenny Golladay (1 of these 2, I would go Golladay), George Kittle, O.J. Howard (you could also keep the other WR and dump Howard).

If you're really playing the long game, I would try to consolidate 1 player further. Do one more 2 for 1 trade. Or even try to deal for picks (assuming rookie draft will be separate from expansion draft and rookie picks will still hold their value. Getting an extra 1st could be a sneaky way to "keep" one more player without it counting towards your 8 man roster.)

If you have not discussed what happens with rookies and rookie draft in the year of the expansion, I suggest doing that ASAP.
The expansion draft will take place before the rookie draft and picks will not be draftable. However the expansion is being done in 2 steps.

In 2021 we will have the expansion from 12 to 14 teams and get to protect 8 players (moving 2020 picks for 2021 picks makes alot of sense.

However, then in 2023 we are adding 2 more team and having another expansion draft where we can protect 7.

So im kind of caught between getting ready for the future but also having enough depth to try and compete now with the large starting requirements we have.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex