Evans+ Guice for Kamara

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Evans+ Guice for Kamara

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:15 pm

Team in sig. 2018 Champs. $300 salary cap and RBs are really hard to come by and usually crazy expensive. (Saquon was 130, Zeke 120, Mixon 90, MG3 and many others over 70).

Thinking about an offer that is an overpay talent wise, but a bargain salary cap wise. Since we have no rookie draft (no picks) and just one combined rookie and FA auction, the cap space I pick up would probably be similar to getting the 3rd or so rookie pick. Wondering if that bridges the talent gap, or even pushes it too far in my favor. With that intro, the offer I'm thinking about is this:

I send Guice (70) and Mike Evans (25)

I get Kamara (15)
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Evans+ Guice for Kamara

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:18 pm

Seems like this would really help your RB's and you have the wr depth to make this deal if it helps your cap a lot. I know nothing about salary leagues.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:34 pm

That would be a huge win but can’t imagine it would be accepted with the salary implications. Just dumping Guice at that salary would be nice.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:36 pm

Kamara is way too big a bargain at that price to be worth moving for that package with those salaries. In a non-salary league that would be close, but still rejected by some. I would be shocked if it's accepted to be honest.

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:52 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:36 pm Kamara is way too big a bargain at that price to be worth moving for that package with those salaries. In a non-salary league that would be close, but still rejected by some. I would be shocked if it's accepted to be honest.
X2
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:30 am

BradysBunch wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:52 am
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:36 pm Kamara is way too big a bargain at that price to be worth moving for that package with those salaries. In a non-salary league that would be close, but still rejected by some. I would be shocked if it's accepted to be honest.
X2
It's non PPR for whatever that is worth. Trade analyzer had it as a pretty big win for the other guy (sending Kamara) when not factoring in salary.

Appreciate the feedback though, getting people's opinions is exactly why I come here! :thumbup:
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:34 am

Also, salaries are non guaranteed. I, or my trade partner, can cut Guice any time. No penalty. IF I wanted to turn him into the equivalent of 3rd overall pick, I just cut him. The danger is I think I might miss out on Jacobs and Sanders, and even not be able to resign Guice for the same money if he shows well during preseason. RBs are that crazy stupid expensive in our league...

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:53 am

When would you get to rebid on Guice? I would strongly consider cutting him and trying to get him back cheaper. Hard to say for sure though without knowing the other owners in the league and how much money everyone has etc.

How long are the contracts for? Because $25 for Evans is extremely cheap too in comparison to $70 for Guice.

ChefHerbie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChefHerbie » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:32 am

I think you and others laid out the issue here. If you know AK is a absolute steal at $15, so does his owner.
Team 1 - 10 Team PPR - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

QBs: Wentz, Big Ben, Darnold, Murray, Bridgewater
RBs: Chubb, Mack, L. Miller, Monty, Foreman, Henderson, Ballage, Armstead, R. Anderson
WRs: OBJ, K. Allen, Cooks, ARob, Z. Jones, Chark, K. White, D. Robinson, McLaurin
TE: Howard, Njoku, Reed

Picks:
2020: 1-4
2021: 1-4
2022: 1-4

Team 2 - 10 Team PPR SF - QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1SF

QBs: Mayfield, Watson, Jimmy GQ, Grier
RBs: Barkley, Sony, Lewis, D. Thompson, Love
WRs: Thomas, OBJ, AB, Kupp, ARob, C. Ridley, Alshon, MVS, Chark, Gordon, McLaurin, Quinn
TE: Burton, Walker

Picks:
2020: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3
2021: 1, 3
2022: 1-3

Team 3 - 10 Team PPR - QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX

QBs: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, Murray, Grier
RBs: Ballage, Henderson, Hunt, Hill, Armstead, Anderson, Williams, Thompson, Crockett
WRs: Nuk, Evans, Cooper, Cooks, Samuel, Butler, Chark, Quinn, Robinson, D. Johnson, Morgan Jr.
TEs: Fant, Dissly, Goedert

Picks:
2020: 1-4
2021: 1-4
2022: 1-4

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:48 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:53 am When would you get to rebid on Guice? I would strongly consider cutting him and trying to get him back cheaper. Hard to say for sure though without knowing the other owners in the league and how much money everyone has etc.

How long are the contracts for? Because $25 for Evans is extremely cheap too in comparison to $70 for Guice.
Contracts for life. No escalators. Kamara is more of a steal, but Evans is also a great deal and theoretically has a longer career than Kamara.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:53 am

ChefHerbie wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:32 am I think you and others laid out the issue here. If you know AK is a absolute steal at $15, so does his owner.
No question. Evans is also a good deal though, just less so. Guice's salary is going rate for a starting or promising RB in our league.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:56 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:53 am When would you get to rebid on Guice? I would strongly consider cutting him and trying to get him back cheaper. Hard to say for sure though without knowing the other owners in the league and how much money everyone has etc.

If I cut Guice and he shows well in preseason, he goes for at least 70 again, likely more. So it's a gamble...

I am thinking about seeing how Guice does this year. If he doesn't pan out, cut him and use the extra cap space on 2020 rookies.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:48 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:48 am

Contracts for life. No escalators. Kamara is more of a steal, but Evans is also a great deal and theoretically has a longer career than Kamara.
Wow lifetime contract makes your offer a complete zero chance of being accepted. Kamara at $15 is almost certainly the most valuable player in the league and by a rather large margin, considering the price of other RBs. I would never move him if I was the owner.

Have you guys had your rookie auction yet? If not I am absolutely cutting Guice and loading up on as many guys as I can get at $20 or less and trying to get those future massive bargains.

Scoop74
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Scoop74 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:22 am

I like Kamara
16 Tm, 36 Man, PPR, RB PPC
League of Franchises
QB-2RB-3WR-TE-R/W-W/T-2FL-DEF-2DL-4LB-3DB-2DP
QB- Carr, Rivers
RB- Henry, L Miller, McCoy, Hyde, Snell, C Thompson
WR- J Brown, Chark, Julio, Slayton, Robinson, DJax, Boykin, A.B., A Tate, Bourne
TE- Andrews, Dissly, Goedert
DL- Watt, CJones
LB- Littleton, Van Noy, Wagner, White, Mercilus
DB- Randall, Harris, Murphy
Picks 15, 31, 47, 63, 79

12 Tm, 25 Man, PPR
The Dynasty
QB-2RB-3WR-TE-R/W-W/T-2FL-K-DEF
QB- Brees, Prescott, Lock
RB- R.Freeman, Sanders, Cohen, Drake, Hyde, Barber, Mostert, Gaskin
WR- Hopkins, MBrown, JBrown, Perriman, Amendola, PWilliams,
TE- McDonald, Andrews, Fant
Picks 7, 19, 31, 43, 55

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:46 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:48 am
jetsfan5757 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:48 am

Wow lifetime contract makes your offer a complete zero chance of being accepted. Kamara at $15 is almost certainly the most valuable player in the league and by a rather large margin, considering the price of other RBs. I would never move him if I was the owner.

Have you guys had your rookie auction yet? If not I am absolutely cutting Guice and loading up on as many guys as I can get at $20 or less and trying to get those future massive bargains.
No we haven't. Guice was 3rd most expensive RB in last year's draft. WRs and TEs go for peanuts.

Thanks for the feedback guys and I more or less expected the answers I got here. I get where everyone else is coming from, but there is no way I am sending more than Evans and Guice for Kamara.

I'll wait till preseason and if Guice has some really great showings I will send the offer. If not, I'll carry Guice this year to see how he does and dump him ahead of 2020 draft if he doesn't have a great season.