Mvs or 2.03?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
PercyR1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Mvs or 2.03?

Postby PercyR1 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:19 am

zarathustra wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:43 pm I did the deal and got deebo at 2.03.
if you can get Deebo at 2.3 i want into your league. Sounds like free money

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:07 pm

I kind of like this deal for both sides. Team 1 gets Deebo, and the other team gets insurance for Adams on his team. Pretty good on both sides in my opinion.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

zarathustra
Starter
Starter

Postby zarathustra » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:46 pm

PercyR1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:19 am
zarathustra wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:43 pm I did the deal and got deebo at 2.03.
if you can get Deebo at 2.3 i want into your league. Sounds like free money
Yeah a few people have no clue
12 team, Superflex, TE Premium, Half PPR
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 Superflex

QB: Jackson, Allen, G. Smith
RB: Cook, Henry, Elliott, Montgomery, Carter, Robinson, Mattison, McKissic, Murray, R. Jones, Breida
WR: Jefferson, A. St. Brown, Sutton, Mooney, Dortch, Zaccheaus, D.Carter, Swain, Reagor, A. Rodgers, Atwell, Harry
TE: L. Thomas, H. Henry, J. Smith, Arnold, Dulcich
Taxi: K. Ingram, Virgil

2020: 4-9
2021: 9-5 (3rd)
2022: 7-2

Draft Picks:
2023 4th
2024 3rd, 4th

ChefHerbie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChefHerbie » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:03 pm

2.03 here. I just bought MVS for a ‘22 3rd
Team 1 - 10 Team PPR - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

QBs: Wentz, Big Ben, Darnold, Murray, Bridgewater
RBs: Chubb, Mack, L. Miller, Monty, Foreman, Henderson, Ballage, Armstead, R. Anderson
WRs: OBJ, K. Allen, Cooks, ARob, Z. Jones, Chark, K. White, D. Robinson, McLaurin
TE: Howard, Njoku, Reed

Picks:
2020: 1-4
2021: 1-4
2022: 1-4

Team 2 - 10 Team PPR SF - QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1SF

QBs: Mayfield, Watson, Jimmy GQ, Grier
RBs: Barkley, Sony, Lewis, D. Thompson, Love
WRs: Thomas, OBJ, AB, Kupp, ARob, C. Ridley, Alshon, MVS, Chark, Gordon, McLaurin, Quinn
TE: Burton, Walker

Picks:
2020: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3
2021: 1, 3
2022: 1-3

Team 3 - 10 Team PPR - QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX

QBs: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, Murray, Grier
RBs: Ballage, Henderson, Hunt, Hill, Armstead, Anderson, Williams, Thompson, Crockett
WRs: Nuk, Evans, Cooper, Cooks, Samuel, Butler, Chark, Quinn, Robinson, D. Johnson, Morgan Jr.
TEs: Fant, Dissly, Goedert

Picks:
2020: 1-4
2021: 1-4
2022: 1-4

diehard4life
Rookie
Rookie

Postby diehard4life » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:05 am

You misspelled “insider.”

I am no homer. I am highly critical of the home team. I am the man who started the #bluffyear and #nopeclub hashtags on Twitter for Packers fans to mobilize versus the former coaching staff.

I also am in favor of trading Rogers ASAP. But I am proximal to inside info as a stockholder and a scourer of local sports news. I even used to be a regular on WSSP The Fan in Brewtown...
zarathustra wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:44 pm
diehard4life wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:53 am PACKERS NEW OFFENSE ‘CATERED’ TO PLAYER LIKE MARQUEZ VALDEZ-SCANTLING

You will know MVS this year. He is on the cusp of a massive season by all accounts locally, and it is getting noticed nationally. Make the trade at your peril.

Additionally, ESB and J’Mon Moore (the top prospect of the bunch) will be contributing.

Remember. Rodgers was changing plays last year in part to get his coach fired. His rookie receivers were being asked to run one route by McCarthy in specific situations, and Rodgers was telling them another in the huddle. They were constantly pulled by two forces. This has been admitted by these rooks as a barrier to development.

Rodgers is a guy who holds grudges & plays favorites. He often ignores open players to throw to his guys in tighter coverage. Hopefully with the new coaching staff he will reduce both troubling tendencies.

Regardless, MVS is drawing praise from Rodgers and has moved in front of the marginal end, Allison. That is a key predictor to those who understand this team. Geronimo was a Rodgers guy—a player he elevated from the practice squad by his praise and his targets in practice alone. Other, better players lost jobs because of it.

A happy Rodgers and a new fave toy is a big deal. Remember, Adams is not Rodgers’ guy. While he was hurt Brett Hundley began playing hero ball with him for most of that lost season. Rodgers largely ignored Adams in favor of Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb prior to that — two players in the throes of decline instead of the rising star. But while Aaron sat, Adams thrived. When 12 returned there was no way he could ignore the emerging stud any longer.

But MVS is this years Ju-Ju. There is no way that 2.03 will return any production which supercedes that will will be produced by Valdez-Scantling. #tradefail
lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:00 pm 2.03 could probably be one of:

Fant, Hollywood, AJ Brown, Deebo, Hardman, Henderson, JJAW, Kyler, or Singletary
Gotta be a green bay homer
Philosophy: a high ceiling is better than a high floor.

Relative dynasty newcomer, but six time league champion in other formats (despite a 10 year hiatus), most proud of the 2018 NFFL (16-team, TD only, 30th anniversary) League Championship.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:25 am

diehard4life wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:05 am You misspelled “insider.”

I am no homer. I am highly critical of the home team. I am the man who started the #bluffyear and #nopeclub hashtags on Twitter for Packers fans to mobilize versus the former coaching staff.

I also am in favor of trading Rogers ASAP. But I am proximal to inside info as a stockholder and a scourer of local sports news. I even used to be a regular on WSSP The Fan in Brewtown...
zarathustra wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:44 pm
diehard4life wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:53 am PACKERS NEW OFFENSE ‘CATERED’ TO PLAYER LIKE MARQUEZ VALDEZ-SCANTLING

You will know MVS this year. He is on the cusp of a massive season by all accounts locally, and it is getting noticed nationally. Make the trade at your peril.

Additionally, ESB and J’Mon Moore (the top prospect of the bunch) will be contributing.

Remember. Rodgers was changing plays last year in part to get his coach fired. His rookie receivers were being asked to run one route by McCarthy in specific situations, and Rodgers was telling them another in the huddle. They were constantly pulled by two forces. This has been admitted by these rooks as a barrier to development.

Rodgers is a guy who holds grudges & plays favorites. He often ignores open players to throw to his guys in tighter coverage. Hopefully with the new coaching staff he will reduce both troubling tendencies.

Regardless, MVS is drawing praise from Rodgers and has moved in front of the marginal end, Allison. That is a key predictor to those who understand this team. Geronimo was a Rodgers guy—a player he elevated from the practice squad by his praise and his targets in practice alone. Other, better players lost jobs because of it.

A happy Rodgers and a new fave toy is a big deal. Remember, Adams is not Rodgers’ guy. While he was hurt Brett Hundley began playing hero ball with him for most of that lost season. Rodgers largely ignored Adams in favor of Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb prior to that — two players in the throes of decline instead of the rising star. But while Aaron sat, Adams thrived. When 12 returned there was no way he could ignore the emerging stud any longer.

But MVS is this years Ju-Ju. There is no way that 2.03 will return any production which supercedes that will will be produced by Valdez-Scantling. #tradefail

Gotta be a green bay homer
So after MVS, who do you like the most to contribute. I got an offer of a 2020 1st for MVS and sold him last week, and now figure I should grab Moore or ESB or Kumerow (or maybe someone I'm missing). And what are your thoughts on Sternberger?
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

diehard4life
Rookie
Rookie

Postby diehard4life » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:14 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/pff/status/1 ... 69/photo/1

“MVS had the third best separation rate in the NFL last year at 70.3 percent.This would support the narrative thst MVS was blackballed by Aaron Rodgers for running routes that ex-Packers coach Mike McCarthy called. Valdez-Scantling has repped ahead of Allison as GB’s clear no.2 receiver this offseason. He is a strong candidate for a second year leap.” - Pro Football Focus 6/20/19

Hmmmm, methinks I was ahead of the knowledge curve here. #vindication

As for contributions? Kumerow is a fun flier because Aaron apparently loves throwing to him. It seems like the GBP always need a speedy white hope at end (Query, Schroeder, Nelson, Janis, Kumerow...).

I am putting my long-term money on Jace Sternberger because I see him becoming a valuable target by midseason. ARod doesn’t trust rookies immediately. Plus, Graham remains, bad hands and old legs & all. An injury to Graham is inevitable, and any signs of emergence by Jace in preseason could bode well for him.

Plus, 12 is a shrewd matchup maven who will attack the heart of the defensive weakness of an opponent. The last time the GBP had a TE who created those matchups was Jermichael Finley, and ARod abused his talent. Ask any Bears fan about that! :wave:

This year is too unpredictable with Lafleur at the helm to predict much else for near-term production. Allison will be a PPR play in the slot, but I expect an increased run focus. Aaron Jones is a talented receiver and threat to score from anywhere on the field when healthy, and Dexter Williams has already caught the eye of the staff for the same reasons. It is a fascinating work in progress.
Philosophy: a high ceiling is better than a high floor.

Relative dynasty newcomer, but six time league champion in other formats (despite a 10 year hiatus), most proud of the 2018 NFFL (16-team, TD only, 30th anniversary) League Championship.

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:26 am

Why in the heck would anyone ever well MVS for a 22 3rd?
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:54 pm

Needalife wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:18 pm 2.03 all day long. All those GB WRs outside of Adams are replacement level. When GB takes a WR early in next year's draft we will forget all of them.
Sounds like something a J’mon Moore owner would say. Sorry you chose poorly.
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham