Le'veon Bell value?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
NFL123
Captain
Captain

Le'veon Bell value?

Postby NFL123 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:33 am

In a 10 team league, Team 2 in sig, I have had interest for Bell, asking what I would be looking for.

RB is strong for me -Bell, Mixon, Chubb, K Johnson, R Freeman, Penny, Guice and Damien Williams.

I 'm not convinced about Bell's prospects, I think the O line in Pittsburgh helped him massively, he hasn't played for a year and having got paid, how motivated is he going to be (going by last year, he cares more about money than anything), especially on a team where the coach didn't want him for a big contract.

The main players on the other guys team - Luck, Carson, Drake, M Sanders, Boyd, Marquise Brown , Tate and Westbrook. Plus Hopkins and Juju that he says aren't available. There really isn't anyone there I would want, apart from Sanders, Boyd or Brown.

I'm thinking of asking his 2020 1st and 2nd, 2.11 this year (we are at 2.09 now) and 3.03. Is that way too cheap for Bell, should I aim higher, and if so, what should I ask for?
12 team/.5 PPR league/ 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, D, K

Team 1
QB: Jackson Richardson, Kyler
RB: McCaffrey, B Hall, Mostert, FordKendre Miller, E Mitchell, McLaughlin
WR: Lamb, K Allen, G WilsonLondon, Flowers, JSN, Mims, Perry
TE: Kelce, Goedert, Likely
K: Aubrey
D: 49ers Cowboys, Browns

Team 2
QB: Lawrence, Wilson, Fields
RB: Javonte Williams, Ekeler, McCaffrey, Pacheco Charbonnet, Bigsby
WR: Chase, London, Jeudy Woods, Sutton, Beckham, Skyy Moore, W Robinson
TE: Pitts Likely, Kmet, Dulcich
K: McPherson
D: 49ers

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Le'veon Bell value?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:39 am

how would a 2020 1st and some 2nds help you win a title this season? you are win now as hell. any move for future planning, or to anticipate something on a hunch, is not something i would advise. if you want to sell bell that is fine but i would be aiming to get help elsewhere, maybe wr since your rb group would still be very strong without bell. you have some very unproven depth at wr, and your wr2 and wr3 (woods and arob) are both in crowded passing attacks that spread it around. id be aiming for a julio type with bell. maybe you can send a young sexy name wr with bell for a monster stud like adams or thomas, worth a shot imo.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:53 am

Bell could help you win this year. You have a shot at making a run so I personally would not trade him for future picks. Look for a wr or 2 that could help you win this year.

NFL123
Captain
Captain

Postby NFL123 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:26 am

Thanks for the input guys, you are right about the win now part, think I am a bit too focused on the hype for next year's class and forgetting the opportunity this year.

Meant to update my sig and say I have also added Hardman and Arcega-Whiteside to my WR group through the draft so far (along with Harry), so it's a bit stronger again. However you are right I could do with improving at WR. I currently have an offer sent to me on the table where I give Shepard and Royce Freeman and get Edelman and Jackson (who I don't need). I would be happy to give up Shepard for Edelman but the other guy wants Freeman or Penny too. Being a Broncos fan also makes it less tempting to give up Freeman. But Freeman is down my depth chart and won't play, plus Edelman gives my team a much better chance than Shepard to win in the next year or two. What would you do with that possible trade?

Team 1

Team 2

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:38 am

Look,

People have been bad-mouthing Bell and undervaluing him since his rookie year. It's borderline absurd.
The Pitt o-line didn't help him because the Pitt o-line in his second year and in his last year he played was COMPLETELY different.

He's a stud. He just turned 27. He has to be the freshest legged RB1 in the league right now.
He runs with a style that isn't predicated on speed OR power, meaning he is less likely to fade quickly like others who rely on those two things.

I get tired of people excusing away his career and saying they don't believe in him. There must be 10,765 posts on this forum depicting why Bell isn't that good.

He is.
So don't move him unless you're getting stud value back. And if you do, please give him to someone who will appreciate him.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:43 am

NFL123 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:26 am Thanks for the input guys, you are right about the win now part, think I am a bit too focused on the hype for next year's class and forgetting the opportunity this year.

Meant to update my sig and say I have also added Hardman and Arcega-Whiteside to my WR group through the draft so far (along with Harry), so it's a bit stronger again. However you are right I could do with improving at WR. I currently have an offer sent to me on the table where I give Shepard and Royce Freeman and get Edelman and Jackson (who I don't need). I would be happy to give up Shepard for Edelman but the other guy wants Freeman or Penny too. Being a Broncos fan also makes it less tempting to give up Freeman. But Freeman is down my depth chart and won't play, plus Edelman gives my team a much better chance than Shepard to win in the next year or two. What would you do with that possible trade?
dont like that even a little. id have a hard time giving freeman for edleman straight up.

who is jackson? i really hope its not desean.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

NFL123
Captain
Captain

Postby NFL123 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:42 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:43 am
NFL123 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:26 am Thanks for the input guys, you are right about the win now part, think I am a bit too focused on the hype for next year's class and forgetting the opportunity this year.

dont like that even a little. id have a hard time giving freeman for edleman straight up.

who is jackson? i really hope its not desean.
Yeah it's really not a tempting offer, even if Edelman helps me this year. It's Lamar Jackson, but with having Mayfield and Wilson at QB, he wouldn't ever start, would only potentially help with trades further down the line.

The same owner who wanted to trade that deal for Edelman really wants Shepard. He has offered a 2020 2nd (probably around 14-18) pick plus Jackson for Shepard. With the hype over the 2020 class, is that a good deal? I'm not sure about the Giants passing attack short of long term and the pick seems to be the better long term value. Although he is my WR4 for now, it seems clear that I should trade one of my RB's for a better WR, so he would probably never make the line up anyway.

Team 1

Team 2

NFL123
Captain
Captain

Postby NFL123 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:47 pm

cvbuc wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:38 am Look,

People have been bad-mouthing Bell and undervaluing him since his rookie year. It's borderline absurd.
The Pitt o-line didn't help him because the Pitt o-line in his second year and in his last year he played was COMPLETELY different.

He's a stud. He just turned 27. He has to be the freshest legged RB1 in the league right now.
He runs with a style that isn't predicated on speed OR power, meaning he is less likely to fade quickly like others who rely on those two things.

I get tired of people excusing away his career and saying they don't believe in him. There must be 10,765 posts on this forum depicting why Bell isn't that good.

He is.
So don't move him unless you're getting stud value back. And if you do, please give him to someone who will appreciate him.
Thanks for the post, it's a really good defence of Bell and you are right, he is a great player. I hope I'm wrong with how it will go with the Jets, I hope he doesn't face stacked boxes due to the average WR's on the team. One thing is for sure as well though is that he will get a lot of touches and receptions and barring injury, should get at least 1500 total yards.

Team 1

Team 2

afrye1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby afrye1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:23 pm

I don’t know if this will help or not but I tried acquiring bell in my 10 team league as well. The guy who has bell also owns zeke Chubb cook and hunt, so he’s loaded at RB. The lowest I could talk him down to was Kittle, 1.07, 1.10 and 2 2020 firsts for him and McGuire. There wasn’t a chance in hell I was paying that. I think he will still be good but good enough for 5 firsts? I don’t think so.

Edit: just for context the absolute best deal he offered me was kittle 1.07.1.10,2.09, 2 2020 firsts, and a 2020 second for Chubb, Hunt and Gallup.
Team 1
Start 1 QB 2RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 flex 1 SF
QB: L.JACKSON WILSON Mayfield Mac Jones Trevor siemien Mike White
RB: BARKLEY A.JONES Aj Dillion James Robinson Mike Davis gaskin Lindsey rojo drake ozigbo n.hines Doaks Herbert eno Benjamin
WR: T.HILL Diggs NUK McLaurin Gallup P.Williams Allen lazard MVS Bowden Van Jefferson D.Harris Q.cephus, Darby
TE: KITTLE Evan Engram RSJ hunter long

6 pts for TD full PPR .25 PPC 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards 1 pt per 20 passing yards

Team 2
10 team PPR league
4 pt passing td. 6 pt for all other TD.
QB: DAK, Matt Ryan, Taysom Hill
RB: Chubb, Miles Sanders, James Robinson Akers, T.coleman, Royce Freeman,Chase Edmonds, Ryquell Armstead, Joshua Kelly, L.perine,
WR: MT, Tyreek Hill, Godwin, JUJU, Mclaurin, M.Brown, Sterling Shepard, Preston Williams, PLazard, John Ross, Trequan Smith,Harmon, Ruggs, T.Higgins
TE: Kittle, Hunter Henry,OJ Howard,
K: Butker
DEF: Colts Packers Browns
start: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1TE 2 flex
2021: 2x 1sts
2022: 3rd, 4th