Rate this Previous Championship Team after Auction Draft

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
kellysheroes
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Rate this Previous Championship Team after Auction Draft

Postby kellysheroes » Sat May 18, 2019 6:38 am

Basic Setting with IDPs, 12 Teams

QB /2 RB / 3 WR/ TE / PK/ DT / 2 DE / 3 LBs / 2 CD / 2 S / 1 Any besides QB, PK

Won the League Last yr but lost key players like Melvin Gordon. Can this Team Repeat

QB Mahomes, Prescott, Stafford, D Jones (R)
RB Cook, Henry, D Lewis, McKinnon, Sanders (R), I Smith, Thompson, Mattison (R)
WR Evans, M Thomas, C Davis, M Williams, Doctson, Funchess, Moncrief, Beasley, Butler (R), Hardman (R)
TE Ertz, Witten, Eifert, Hurst
PK Maher

Losing Gordon hurts a lot, But I was able to snag D Lewis as Henry's back up this time, and draft Sanders at 1.03
Mahomes carried me last yr and I know thats not going to happen again without Hill
And this yr I get to use C Davis and M Williams who was locked in my Taxi

DT C Jones, Richardson, Short
DE Brockers, Graham, Tuitt, Wolfe
LB D Davis, McKinney, R Evans, Barr, T Davis, Burks, Tavai (R)
CB Nelson, Peterson, L Ryan
S Boston, Jefferson, McDonald

Here I only lost Schobert, and didn't bother replacing him. Took Brockers from the auction and Drafted Tavai

So is it any good?

pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Rate this Previous Championship Team after Auction Draft

Postby pack4ever22 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:58 am

QB and TE is obviously set. WR is pretty good but lacking productive depth IMO. RB and your IDP could become massive liabilities for you. Cook and Henry as your top two RBs is scary to me, as I think there is a lot of risk with both of them. Henry could gain some semblance of consistency, and Dalvin could stay healthy and you could have a dominant duo. Or we could see more of the same from both of them, injuries and inconsistency. I wouldn't expect more than flex level production out of your other RB's either. To be honest I think your IDP's are pretty brutal, I like Jones and Jefferson but not having a True DE1 or LB1 or even LB2 is rough. Long story short, you have some star power and will be in the mix for playoffs. I think you have a good, not dominant team, with plenty of holes.

kellysheroes
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby kellysheroes » Sat May 18, 2019 9:30 am

pack4ever22 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:58 am QB and TE is obviously set. WR is pretty good but lacking productive depth IMO. RB and your IDP could become massive liabilities for you. Cook and Henry as your top two RBs is scary to me, as I think there is a lot of risk with both of them. Henry could gain some semblance of consistency, and Dalvin could stay healthy and you could have a dominant duo. Or we could see more of the same from both of them, injuries and inconsistency. I wouldn't expect more than flex level production out of your other RB's either. To be honest I think your IDP's are pretty brutal, I like Jones and Jefferson but not having a True DE1 or LB1 or even LB2 is rough. Long story short, you have some star power and will be in the mix for playoffs. I think you have a good, not dominant team, with plenty of holes.
Thank you!! I was targeting Mosley but got out bidded...

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat May 18, 2019 11:30 am

kellysheroes wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:30 am
pack4ever22 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:58 am QB and TE is obviously set. WR is pretty good but lacking productive depth IMO. RB and your IDP could become massive liabilities for you. Cook and Henry as your top two RBs is scary to me, as I think there is a lot of risk with both of them. Henry could gain some semblance of consistency, and Dalvin could stay healthy and you could have a dominant duo. Or we could see more of the same from both of them, injuries and inconsistency. I wouldn't expect more than flex level production out of your other RB's either. To be honest I think your IDP's are pretty brutal, I like Jones and Jefferson but not having a True DE1 or LB1 or even LB2 is rough. Long story short, you have some star power and will be in the mix for playoffs. I think you have a good, not dominant team, with plenty of holes.
Thank you!! I was targeting Mosley but got out bidded...

Bummer you missed out on Mosley