Sell Zeke and build for the future, or try to compete?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Bisquiteen Trisket
Starter
Starter

Sell Zeke and build for the future, or try to compete?

Postby Bisquiteen Trisket » Fri May 17, 2019 9:57 am

I need some advice. I have received multiple inquiries for Zeke and am having a hard time gauging whether Im built to compete this year or if I should try to rebuild. My team is okay, not stellar but not bottom of the pack, which might be the worst place to be (in middlle of the pack hell). I am in the weakest division, which means I will most likely make the playoffs. But there are a few owners who are in other divisions with stacked rosters (one team has Gurley, Kamara, DJ, DAdams, Hopkins, Golladay, Kelce, ARodg, plus good depth...)

An owner has continually been inquiring about Zeke for the past year. Ive turned down every offer hes sent, as most dont seem close to the right value for him (4 quarters for 1 dollar type deals). Below is his roster and mine. The question is, do I stick with what Ive got and compete, or sell Zeke? If I sell Zeke, what kind of return is right?

12 team, PPR, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Def/3Flex
My Roster (notable players)
QB: Cousins, Winston
RB: Zeke, Devonta Freeman, PLindsay, TColeman, McKinnon (other less noteworthy players)
WR: Evans, Woods, Tate, Crowder, Humphries, Baldwin (other less noteworthy players)
TE: Doyle, ASJ
Picks: 2020 2nd, 4th

His Roster
QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Bell, Conner, Mixon, Drake, Samuels, Yeldon
WR: AB, Juju, MThomas, DJMoore, Lockett
TE: Kittle, Engram
Picks: 2020 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Sell Zeke and build for the future, or try to compete?

Postby Gator Sens » Fri May 17, 2019 10:00 am

I would sell off. Move Freeman, Coleman, McKinnon, Tate and a handful of others and build for the future. Zeke for JuJu+ might be a great way to go IF you want to rebuild. If not, easily hold Zeke.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri May 17, 2019 10:03 am

I would say that roster is a rebuild roster. With that many flex spots, not sure you have the horses to compete. I would try to move Zeke but only if the return was great. Definitely like the idea of targeting JuJu. If Zeke goes though, you definitely have a large void at rb that may take some time to work out.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Bisquiteen Trisket
Starter
Starter

Postby Bisquiteen Trisket » Fri May 17, 2019 10:06 am

Thanks for the replies. Offers from this owner have mostly centered around Bell/Conner, which Im not really interested in giving Bells slide in value. Im also not sold on Conner being the long term solution in PIT. What kind of piece is fair on top of Juju, in a trade for Zeke?

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Fri May 17, 2019 10:20 am

Honestly, I would start with asking for Mixon+JuJu or Mixon+Kittle and go from there. Throw in one of your WR or TE depth pieces if you have to. Zeke is still in that elite category to which Mixon and JuJu have yet to ascend and should be valued accordingly.

I understand and agree with your plan to rebuild, but this guy has been repeatedly coming to you so see how badly he wants your guy.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 am

Mixon and Juju/Kittle would be great value, but not sure it gets accepted. If you can't get an overpay like that, hold and see how your team does the first few weeks of the season. If you're competing at that point, then keep Zeke. If you're looking very competitive, then look to move Zeke and might even get more value then.

Bisquiteen Trisket
Starter
Starter

Postby Bisquiteen Trisket » Fri May 17, 2019 11:31 am

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Going to see if I can get something close to what has been described, but otherwise I like Goddards suggestion of waiting till the season kicks off to start selling my major pieces.

I needed that sanity check on whether to rebuild or not.

Atlassteelz
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Atlassteelz » Fri May 17, 2019 12:25 pm

If I’m the other owner why would I accept that trade zeke is ranked 5 juju is 10 and Mixon is 12 lol

Bisquiteen Trisket
Starter
Starter

Postby Bisquiteen Trisket » Fri May 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Atlassteelz wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:25 pm If I’m the other owner why would I accept that trade zeke is ranked 5 juju is 10 and Mixon is 12 lol
Goddards point is that without an overpay, there is no incentive to move Zeke. And without one or both of Mixon/Juju involved, it’s pointless. If I’m moving a young stud like Zeke, I think I need pieces to rebuild. Guys like Bell aren’t going to help. They will probably hurt

Atlassteelz
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Atlassteelz » Fri May 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Judging by his team it’s looks like he is set up really well I would be shocked to see any owner deal 2 studs for 1. I can see either scoring just as much as zeke.

Atlassteelz
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Atlassteelz » Fri May 17, 2019 12:54 pm

I figured the incentive to move zeke was to rebuild the roster. By the looks of the two other teams you listed, it looks like a rebuild would be a good idea.

Bisquiteen Trisket
Starter
Starter

Postby Bisquiteen Trisket » Fri May 17, 2019 1:02 pm

Atlassteelz wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:51 pm Judging by his team it’s looks like he is set up really well I would be shocked to see any owner deal 2 studs for 1. I can see either scoring just as much as zeke.
Agreed that his team is really good. Would be even better with a stud like Zeke. Mixon was good last year but Zeke outscored him by 100 points in this league last year (330 to 230). They are simply in different tiers. Jujus a bit different because he was great last year but in a totally different situation this year as the teams WR1 without AB.

All in all, I don’t know if the owner would do something like this. Probably not, like Goddard said. The other owner told me Juju and Mixon we’re off the table, which pretty much makes any negotiations dead on arrival.

Bisquiteen Trisket
Starter
Starter

Postby Bisquiteen Trisket » Fri May 17, 2019 1:04 pm

Atlassteelz wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:54 pm I figured the incentive to move zeke was to rebuild the roster. By the looks of the two other teams you listed, it looks like a rebuild would be a good idea.
Correct. Looking to see what people think is a good deal if I’m rebuilding. Bell or Conner have been offered, but both don’t really help a rebuilding team much in my opinion.

FYI The top team is mine and the bottom team is the other owner.

Atlassteelz
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Atlassteelz » Fri May 17, 2019 1:08 pm

I understand including one in a deal both just seems like a lot

greenbird
Starter
Starter

Postby greenbird » Fri May 17, 2019 3:26 pm

I would ask for Connor, DJ Moore, Engram, and a 2020 1st.