Drafting Tonight - What to do?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Drafting Tonight - What to do?

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri May 17, 2019 6:43 am

12team | Half PPR | 1QB

Drafting tonight & not sure what to do with this team

This is year 1 and I think I MIGHT be a contender, but also very top heavy and I'm probably an injury away from going 3-10 :lol:

Here's my roster:

[Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX]

QB: Prescott, Stafford
RB: Saquon, Zeke, Coleman, Yeldon, Lynch
WR: OBJ, Alshon, C.Kirk, Marvin Jones, Tyrell, Watson, Conley
TE: Njoku, Ian Thomas, Olsen

PICKS: 2.04, 3.09, 4.07

What would you be targeting with the picks?
Trade them for another piece or take whoever falls to me? (I don't see the 3rd & 4th being very useful in a 12tm)

Side note:
Would you trade away a stud for depth or is that pretty much never a good idea?
I got Saquon cheaper than most people do via trade so I was considering flipping him for a greater return

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Drafting Tonight - What to do?

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri May 17, 2019 6:44 am

I think you might sneak into the playoffs, but I'm not sure you're a true contender. I'd at least explore trade options for Barkley.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Fri May 17, 2019 6:54 am

There is not reason to do anything drastic right now.
Still months away from games. I’d play it out. If you compete, awesome. If not your STUDs will be worth the same in October/Nov as they are now.

If you want to go for it see if you can get an Edelman type for the 2.04.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri May 17, 2019 7:09 am

BelichekYourSelf wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:54 am There is not reason to do anything drastic right now.
Still months away from games. I’d play it out. If you compete, awesome. If not your STUDs will be worth the same in October/Nov as they are now.

If you want to go for it see if you can get an Edelman type for the 2.04.
Sure, I won't be doing anything drastic unless I get an offer I can't refuse & I won't make any moves until the draft starts
(Might put Saquon on the block just before the draft just to see if any offers come in)

haha I actually offered that exact trade a few weeks ago (2.04 for Edelman) and got turned down

I was considering trading the 2.04 for a RB because I think my depth there is a big concern but I'm not sure who is a realistic target?
Lamar Miller? Royce? White?
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Olave, Diggs, Diontae, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1.08, 3.05

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert, Zamir
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Nico, Kupp, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: 4.01

Team 3:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4.08, 4.12, 5.12

fantasydem
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasydem » Fri May 17, 2019 7:19 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:43 am 12team | Half PPR | 1QB

Drafting tonight & not sure what to do with this team

This is year 1 and I think I MIGHT be a contender, but also very top heavy and I'm probably an injury away from going 3-10 :lol:

Here's my roster:

[Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX]

QB: Prescott, Stafford
RB: Saquon, Zeke, Coleman, Yeldon, Lynch
WR: OBJ, Alshon, C.Kirk, Marvin Jones, Tyrell, Watson, Conley
TE: Njoku, Ian Thomas, Olsen

PICKS: 2.04, 3.09, 4.07

What would you be targeting with the picks?
Trade them for another piece or take whoever falls to me? (I don't see the 3rd & 4th being very useful in a 12tm)

Side note:
Would you trade away a stud for depth or is that pretty much never a good idea?
I got Saquon cheaper than most people do via trade so I was considering flipping him for a greater return
I’d wait it out and try and grab Singletary at 2.04. I don’t see McCoy lasting the year with already having talks about being cut and Gore certainly wouldn’t be the guy. Also with it being half point PPR I wouldn’t be trying to move for Edelman so consider it a good thing he declined (imo)

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 am

You're one stud WR away form being a real contender. Not sure you have enough depth or pieces to get one right now without moving any of your other studs, but also don't think you need to do anything drastic. Just have a board of your top players and take best player available during the draft. During the season, if you look like you might be competitive, try to get an older WR1 like Green for cheap. If you're not, move some of your veterans and build around your youth and studs.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri May 17, 2019 9:57 am

Goddard wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 am You're one stud WR away form being a real contender. Not sure you have enough depth or pieces to get one right now without moving any of your other studs, but also don't think you need to do anything drastic. Just have a board of your top players and take best player available during the draft. During the season, if you look like you might be competitive, try to get an older WR1 like Green for cheap. If you're not, move some of your veterans and build around your youth and studs.

Agreed, good way to approach the season